What is..

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What is..

These questions are for Hondas.

What does EX, LX, DX, CX, SI, SIR, HF, CRX, GS, RS, GSR, VR, NSX, mean..
Are these things abriviations or are they just called like that? If you guys know anyone of them please tell me.. you dont have to name all.. Thanks!

posted by  CarEXPERT

Lx is luxioury

posted by  ImportLove

HF= High Fuel, gets good gas milage
CRX= Civic Rennaissance 10 (I think)
SI=Sport Inspired
NSX= New Sport Experiment

posted by  Zalight

Honda Civics were available in S form since the '70s (like most manufacturers, the S was the designator for "sporty" though some used other letters), but in '85, the S got the PGM-FI fuel injection sustem, so an "i" was tacked on to indicate "injection." Later, they made a higher performance version for racing, which got the R tacked on the end. But then, that car got superceded by the Type R, and the R on SiR no longer stood for "race" but was, like the rest of them, just a letter.

posted by  ChrisV

What is the diffrence between a civic SI and SiR? I never seen an SiR before and I live in US so is SiR japan?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Well you know that both are civics. So how about you search some Honda archives and see what the Si has that the SiR does'nt. Then you tell us instead of mooching information.

posted by  DSMer

I dont know but I THINK its the same si and sir. Help pleeaaassssse DSMer..

posted by  CarEXPERT

Woah.
...and here I always thought the purpose of forums were to ask questions and share information...

"Mooching Information" :orglaugh:

If you didn't know the answer, you could have just said so... ;) :p

posted by  Gothicaleigh

Well, it USED to be that SiR was the real performance version in Japan, before the Type R was created. But the last Si we got in the US was called the SiR in Japan and Canada (and possibly Europe). The reason was that the Type R was available in Japan and Europe at the time, so the SiR was no longer the top Civic performance model. (of course, as is usual, we don't get the top Civic performance model)

posted by  ChrisV

ChrisV THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH :thumbs:

posted by  CarEXPERT

Your Message