A-spec

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  A-spec

anyone know how to turn a 3.2 tl into a Aspec its an 2003 by the ways i was jsut wondering

posted by  stinky2099

You cant, A-Spec started on the redesigned 2004 TL. In other words, notihng would fit your previous gen TL.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Well in theory what you would need is the Acura body aero kit, the wheels which I am sure would fit, and the springs and shox...so it's totally do-able...you just cant get the body aero kit the current TL has...but you can get one for your 3.2 TL I bet...just look around...or ask your dealer if they still carry it or can get it

posted by  NISSANSPDR

:thumbs: a-spec means "american specifications" therefore, if you bought it in america, it is then automatically "a-spec" because the car was made to american specs so it can be legally sold and driven....

posted by  Low Impedance

what does v-spec and z-spec mean then LOW INDEPENDENT?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Bzzt. Wrong answer, but thank you for playing. ;)

"Las Vegas 11/04/2003 -- Acura is re-launching its Acura Factory Performance program as Acura A-SPEC, the company announced today at SEMA. When launching the program at last year's SEMA show with the announcement of a performance kit for the Acura RSX Type-S, Acura called the program Acura Factory Performance. The name change was made to brand Acura's program and differentiate it from Honda Factory Performance, a similar program for Honda vehicles.

"A-SPEC stands for the highest level of quality and engineering, and more accurately reflects the standard we're striving for with our high performance accessory package program," said Jim Roach, American Honda vice president of the Parts Division."

posted by  ChrisV

Correctemundo! A-Spec is similar to Type-R, Type-S, GT-R, SS, or SVT. It simply means the highest form of quality engineering for a certain car make. Generally associated with the top name performance of certain car make.

On other occasions it could represent something that the car was specifically intended for. Like a MR (Modified Rally) Evo.

posted by  DSMer

yeha he is corect its like the amg of benz bascially

posted by  stinky2099

what does J spec and V spec mean then?

posted by  CarEXPERT

I read in a car mag that MR stood for Mitsubishi Racing. Maybe the mag was wrong.

posted by  StiMan

How about you look it up you f*cking weener?

Nah you're probably right. I may be mistaken. Mitsubishi Racing it is then, you get the point though..

posted by  DSMer

yeah, MR does mean mitsubishi racing, and it means you have one sick-ass car...

The 2005 Mitsubishi lancer Evolution VIII MR is my second favorite car of all time, and the differences between it and a normal evo are small but well chosen.

The MR has a rear diffuser to help cornering stability, the roof has been lightened to not only reduce weight but also lower the center of gravity. Of course it comes wqith MR tags all over the place. And the biggest difference is the close ratio 6 speed transmission that replaces the tired 5 speed in the normal Evo.

It also has made major improvements to the electronic 4WD system, to the ACD (Active Centre Differential) + Super AYC (Active Yaw Control) handling systems, together with the MRs lighter suspension achieve an unprecedented degree of quality in handling. The engine benefits from improved redline performance and has been tuned for competition use with emphasis on power output in the mid-to-high power bands.

Exterior and interior trim elements enhancing Lancer Evolution VIII MR’s premium-value image include Recaro full-bucket front seats with mono-tone suede leather, carbon-finish dashboard and black headlamp reflectors. Plus new colors only available on the MR.

posted by  Zalight

Alright calm down. We did'nt ask for the MR life story... :screwy:

posted by  DSMer

sorry... :oops:

Couldn't help it. :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

I still dontknow what J-spec and V-spec is. Help me and ill leave you alone

posted by  CarEXPERT

How about you google it? That place has lots of resources and information... but get this. Its all FREE!

posted by  DSMer

They are trim levels for performance versions of different cars. Each manufacturer and tuner has different names for the levels of performance options. And that definition changes on a nearly yearly basis, so what one manufacturer means by it is different than another manufacturer/tuner means by it, and what one manufacturter means by it one year will be different than by the same manufacturer in a different year.

Basically, you have to figure out what car it's on, in what year, to determine what exactly it means, then learn what it means on a different car in a different year. Generally asking a question about it in a general form like this will get no answer because there IS no general answer. YOu simply have to pay attention to the cars as they are introduced worldwide to know what it means on that particular car, if it's used at all.

90% of the time, the name was simply used to sound good, or sound important. Remember, most of these cars are Japanese, and the names are NOT in Japanese, so they are really meaningless "Engrish" to sound like race car names.

posted by  ChrisV

Thanks you ChrisV! :thumbs: I had no friggin idea!

posted by  CarEXPERT

Master of the obvious... :laughing:

posted by  ChrisV

He answered the question now go! Jeez... :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

ha people chilll out

posted by  stinky2099

Your Message