supra question

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  supra question

I now this is i dumb question but i couldnt find an answer anywhere.
Is there such a thing as a single turbo supra (4th gen)
i now there a non turbo and twin turbo

if there is, how big is the difference between these three.
thank you for your time.

posted by  ArABONE

No...just alot of the Supra MkIV guys go to a big single turbo for more power...you can get bigger twin turbos if you want two...but I think most tend to go to one single turbo

:hi:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

not from the factory...

all single turbo supras are all custom made... most of them are twin turbos models... but NAs have dont the same...

PS: a big single turbo supra with good spool owns anything on the road! ;)

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

ma dad works at toyota dealer and there dealer is not allow to sell TT supras, only single turbo since govt put restrictions on them.

posted by  slvracurarsx03

That's bullshit man...there's a lot of TT cars that are USA legal...I have never heard of TT cars being illegal

posted by  NISSANSPDR

is it possible to put two big turbos in the place of the stock twins

posted by  ArABONE

yes, people do it all the time. Vinny ten races a twin turbo supra with two gigantic turbos.

http://ndra.nopi.com/ndra_2k4/2k4_gallery/md/ProOutlawRWD/images/Vinny%20Te n%2002.jpg

posted by  Zalight

Haha, this coming from a guy who drives a 3000GT VR4. The Supra is supposed to be your arch nemesis. You sit here and glorify and support its single turbo setup. You should be ashamed of yourself fellow Mitsubishi owner.

posted by  DSMer

yea i know there is alot of TT supras and other cars out there but you can only find them from private owners not dealers

a$$hole

What the f.u.c.k ever man...dont spread your lies here...

:fu:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Well I'd hate to tell you that your dads been lied to. I suppose you want us to believe that all Supras were sold from private owners as well? You show me a factory single turbo 4rth Gen Supra, then I'll beleive you. Seeing as that you won't be able to do that your statements will hold no ground.

I was just at an import dealership where the showroom cars just happened to be a Mazda RX-7, SupraTT, and 300ZX TT. They are all twin turbo cars selling at a dealership.

posted by  DSMer

ok a$$hole :cussing: why dont you go to a toyota dealer today ask them if you can get TT supra, see what the salesperson tells you

after year 1998 toyota dealers dont sell TT
did you ask them what year they bought their
cars?

Thats becasue Toyota stopped making the Supra after 1998. Its hard enough to find a Supra as is let alone a TT. You are more than likley right, I've been to a number of Toyota dealers and very few of them still have the privelage to be selling a Supra of any kind. Its a very rare car. But as far as I've seen and know the car is'nt banned from dealerships due to any government regulations.

*FYI: The car was a 98 Supra, 95 300ZX 2+2, and a 95 RX-7.*

posted by  DSMer

thank you

i am sorry i called you a$$hole NISSANSPDR

a$$hole

So explain how they ever sold a 99 VR4? Which is TT btw

posted by  NISSANSPDR

actually.... if my memory is working right at 2:12am after taking care of 2 hyperactive kids all day and arguing with my gf all week............ the Supra was produced up until 1999 in USA. it stayed in production in Japan and most probably europe and australia too (not sure about AUS, but definately on japan and europe) all the way till..... like 2001 or 2002. someone can go ahead and check cuz damn.... im too freaking tired and hungry and im still contemplating getting up to get the microwave running....

posted by  Inygknok

I've heard many rumors about the Supra still being produced in Japan until 2002. I've never seen the vin numbers to proove it and every article I've read from Toyota says that the Supra stopped production in 98-99. So until I see a vin that proves otherwise the Supra stopped production in 98 with 1,382 units. As far as the 99 ending the Supra, that may be true. Car companys tend to produce cars well into the next year but they would print the Chassis codes as 98. The first DSM's were made in 89 but all the Chassis codes started out in year 90.

posted by  DSMer

ashamed of myself... dude... face the facts... a single T88 supra will own me from a roll anyday!!!! actually an auto supra will with that setup will own me from stop also...

I dont sit here and glorify the mighty supra... I just state the fact... I love my car and all... and yes on the streets it kill 90% of the cars out there... I mean, my car is a beast... but I cant say its ready to take on a supra... stock... hell yeah, I'll blow his doors off... but I seen modded supras launch harder than any awd car and pull on them like they were racing in reverse...

ok so maybe it sounds like I'm glorifing them... but lets face it... they are great cars... very strong... and unlike our mitsus... they dont break as much!

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

my respect level for u just went from 7.5 to 15...... and im gonna savor that post for a very long time....

posted by  Inygknok

From a roll? Rolls are for pussies, real men race at tracks from a standstill. I'm not glorifying any Supra period. Back in the day :laughing: when I had my GSX, I'd take almost any street Supra. Unless they were some pro stock racers that had 10 or lower second quartermile times they would get walked every single time.

A good majority of these street Supras are not that far from stock. The condition of the Supra is enough alone to break a bank, the parts are really expensive, and the power per dollar ratio on them are really low. I've seen guys invest $8000 on engine alone and still not break 11's. And yes they knew what they were doing.

A really good friend of mine had over $10,000 in mods to his Supra. The thing was rated at 500RWHP but he never raced my GSX or another one of my friends WRX's because he knew that the money he put in there it would'nt be enough to walk my old GSX and damn sure not enough to walk the WRX I'm speaking of.

Supra, great car but not your everday tuners car. Almost 3/4rths of the guys you see at the races with Supras rarley have the power to put down decent numbers. However there are the few exceptions that will undoubtely give an AWD car a run for their money. But those guys come a dime a dozen. Like I said before the Titan Motorsports Supra runs 8's and 9's all day. As well as Jhon Sheppards Talon. Difference is the Supra probably costed somwhere close to $300,000+ to build and the Talon is more than likley cost less than the price of a brand new Corvette.

Nice car, good engine, incredible style, but its just too damn expensive. The likeness of you catching a really respectable Supra on the streets are slim to none. Again there are a couple of those single turbo Supra guys running arround, but I've only see a few... I've heard about alot of them, but I've only seen a few....

posted by  DSMer

Kinda off topic but:

I always thought the supra and RX-7's were mortal enemies, not the supra and VR-4.

posted by  Zalight

Haha lets be serious now. Supra vs RX-7? Iono about straight line racing, but the Supra would more than likley get outperformed in just about every other category racing. Actually I beleive the Skyline is the Supras mortal enemie.

posted by  DSMer

Yea, but, the supra and Rx-7 came out within a year of eachother, sold for around the same price, hell hey even look alike, sort of.

posted by  Zalight

i think if a stok supra tt VS a stoke mistu vr4 the hp and 0-60 and 1/4 mile is almost the same so i think it depends on the driver and how reaction time is...hey thats wat i think

posted by  toyota supra

yeah, but he's not talking about stock. He's talking abut modded.

What the hellis this illegal to sell TT crap? The Bugatti has 4 turbos, the saleen S7TT has 2, Porsche 911 turbo, Bentley continental GT, where the hell is this TT illegal thing coming from?

posted by  Godlaus

Speaking of Supras, are there any turbo kits for a 89 non-turbo Supra?

posted by  R3537

I can only find the TDO6SH-20G for the pre-turboed version. Sorry.

posted by  Godlaus

[/QUOTE] What the hellis this illegal to sell TT crap? The Bugatti has 4 turbos, the saleen S7TT has 2, Porsche 911 turbo, Bentley continental GT, where the hell is this TT illegal thing coming from?[/QUOTE]

the tt supra is not illigal maybe the right hand steering. or is it i dont know
all i know is tt supra is not illigal in the USA

posted by  toyota supra

What the hellis this illegal to sell TT crap? The Bugatti has 4 turbos, the saleen S7TT has 2, Porsche 911 turbo, Bentley continental GT, where the hell is this TT illegal thing coming from?[/QUOTE]

the tt supra is not illigal maybe the right hand steering. or is it i dont know
all i know is tt supra is not illigal in the USA[/QUOTE]

I dont think right hand steering is illigal even in a supratt.

And I got a question. What year is the newest supra in the world. I think over here in US its 1997 but what about in Japan?

posted by  CarEXPERT

My guess would probly be 2003 or 2004 (in Japan) considering they pretty much just discontinued it. I may be wrong though, havent heard of anything higher then 1998.

posted by  car_crazy89

the 7M-GE can use the same kits as the pre-turboed version. only requirement (if u want to, but highly recommended) is to change the exhaust camshaft to the turbo version.

posted by  Inygknok

The point was that the cars were discontinued, not that they were illegal. You said it was illegal to sell them. It isn't. There just aren't any new Supras available to sell.

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah, but he was looking for a kit, and this was just a turbo upgrade, so if you bought this kit, I would only expect a turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, and the headers. Not the entire kit that this person is looking for.

posted by  Godlaus

http://www.suprasport.com

every now n then they show the turbo kit from Sound Performance.

posted by  Inygknok

Ummmm. I just bought my TT supra 94 from a dealer.....

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

And I got a question. What year is the newest supra in the world. I think over here in US its 1997 but what about in Japan?[/QUOTE]

They made them in Japan until 2000.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

They made them in Japan until 2000.[/QUOTE]

in USA its until 1998 or 1999 (99 models are probably just leftover models from 98). in Japan, with evidence its 2000, but rumor has it that they were released until 2002 over in Japan, but like dsmer said, theres really not that much of solid evidence to support that, but its a possibility.

posted by  Inygknok

haha...ive seen a couple supra's at dealers...twinturbo's too!

posted by  silvia_star

Your Message