Nissan, Toyota & Hyundai

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Nissan, Toyota & Hyundai

Hey guys...

If you had to pick one out of the following three cars, which one would it be and why?

1) Toyota Matrix
2) Hyundai Elantra
3) Nissan Sentra

posted by  donvito2005

:2cents: sentra because it isnt ugly like the matrix and its not korean.

posted by  Low Impedance

Sentra, the Matrix falls apart from what I've seen (co-developed with GM, go figure) and I'd never buy a Hyundai no matter how big a warrenty they offer.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Sentra...the best form of the Sentra is like 3 times the vehicle that the Matrix and Elantra are combined

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/motorsports2004/800px/NISMO/NISMO%20Se ntra%20SE-R%2003.jpg

There you got the NISMO Sentra S-Tune, NISMO Sentra R-Tune and the freaking NISMO Racing Sentra

posted by  NISSANSPDR

i d go for
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V QR25DE 175whp.
Toyota Matrix XRS 4X2 is not bad with 180whp
And who the F*CK would buy Elantra?

posted by  slvracurarsx03

Whoa...first off...neither the Matrix or Sentra have 175whp or 180whp...

There's two different types of HP we need to address when we talking about HP. One...is HP measured at the crank...usually also known as manufacture HP numbers...example...the 287HP of the 350Z. Two...HP measured at the wheels or whp/fwhp/rwhp...is measured thru a dynometer. It's the true HP a car has measured after drivetrain loss or other factors that lessen HP...also is calculated for elevation, temperature...etc factors that hinder or help HP. Example...the 232rwhp of the 350Z.

So you see...the Sentra has 175 hp at the crank and the Matrix has 180hp at the crank...

Their Front Wheel HP or fwhp is a lil less than the number stated...the Sentra SE-R Spec V is around 140-145 fwhp...dont know about the Matrix numbers

posted by  NISSANSPDR

NO Korean Cars!

posted by  jihshyh

I've been driving an '03 Tiburon for about a year now, and have had zero problems. Now I realize that in the past, Hyundai haven't exactly had the most reliable engines, but times are changing.

A friend has owned a Sonata for a while now, and again, no troubles. If you take proper care of it, life should be good. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because Hyundai sucked ten years ago that their cars aren't better now. And whatever you do, make sure you try owning one for yourself before you parrot the "Hyundai sucks" phrase that so many people love to shout out.

Hell, I've had much more trouble with my Mitsubishi, and that comes from the highly praised Japanese.

[Wonderful, I just supported Hyundai...let the flames roll in lol]

posted by  Rane

JD Power came out with initial/3-year reliability ratings not too long back and Hyundai was still WAY down there (I believe nearly dead last in one). And I wouldn't call Mitusbishi a 'highly appraised Japanese brand'... They have had reliability issues for a while now. When people think of ultra reliable cars they think Honda and Toyota products.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Times are certainly changing. Hyundai, DaimlerChrysler, and Mitsubishi are all making a motor coalition and will begin making engines together improveing reliability, hopefully, in all of thier products. I would think I would probly go with a Elantra. Save a shit load of money. I do like Toyotas, but I think the Matrix is ugly and was made with GM, Pontiac branch I believe, and I dont really like American cars that much. :2cents:

I read about the engine thing in a car mag a couple of weeks ago. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

i dont have anything against hyundai cars, he11 i love tiburon myself
i just dont like those ugly Elantras

posted by  slvracurarsx03

I wouldn't either, but I know many people do.

And slvracurarsx03, I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of the Elantra either. I'm just trying to get people away from the anti-Hyundai mentality that seems to infest every forum I visit. Don't people realize? Daewoo's the company to hate now lol (kidding, only car manufacturer I don't care for is Nissan...for screwing over my boy Uzi Nissan and forcing him to shutdown his site. Bastards!)

posted by  Rane

I'd say go for the Sentra :)

posted by  ThirdeYe

Your Message