If you had 30k

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  If you had 30k

i just wanted to know what would ppl would do to their car or any car if they had 30k just laying around. I d personally do a engine swap TT 2JZGTE in ma RSX, change it to supra tranny and make it RWD.

posted by  slvracurarsx03

OMG...noob! This is like saying if I had 50k I'd take a Viper engine in put it in my Geo Metro!

Oh god...

Now..for a real 30k question...I'd probably just get a R32 Skyline GTR...black or pearl white...w/some gold Volk GTU's

Hotness!

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I would get a new STi. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Does a muffler cause back pressure? HOW?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Back pressure: The resistance to the flow of exhaust gases through the exhaust system. By rerouting the exhaust gases for noise suppression, a muffler causes back pressure, but a straight pipe alone causes only minimal back pressure. Some engines require back pressure, so that removing the exhaust system will cause internal damage.

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I know what the definition is, i just want to know why does a muffler make back pressre

posted by  CarEXPERT

:thumbs: Yeah same R32 GTR all the way. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Because of the bends in it...slows down the air...creating a momentary stoppage...or back pressure...

My best guess...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Why did you ask that question in this thread? :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

With 30 grand I would buy an '89 starion ESI-R for about 3 grand
http://www.starion-ml.com/member/kansai/images/shimizu.jpg
http://www.starion-ml.com/member/kansai/images/fujiwara.jpg

2.6 liter turbocharged intercooled 4 cylinder
188 hp
234 lb ft of torque
0-60 in 8,3 secs
ET: 14.4@ 105mph

Then I would gut it, get lightwieght plexiglass windows and a fiber glass body in order to reduce its weight from its rather portly 3000 lbs.

Then I would get A nice set of forged internals, raise the compression from 7.0:1 to 8:1. Then I would get a nice head with a super strong valvetrain.

Then I would get a completly new turbo set up with light weight impeller blades measuring about 70 mm, and pushing 15 psi. A new intercooler able to cool that 15 psi sufficiently, and all new 3 inch piping all around.

and with the rest of my money I would buy race gas, tires and enegy drinks. Then I'd go enter some D1 amateur racing.

posted by  Zalight

i juss like how RSX looks like better then supra
wouldn't you love to see RSX with over 825 horses with RWD?

Not really...and the RSX...isnt the sexiest car on the planet...neither is it the sexiest car under 30k...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I'd get a new evo if I had 30k

posted by  RusMan

every one has there own taste.... i just love the way RSX looks :smoke:

cmon now :mrgreen:

if i had 30k to drop on a car i would buy a 2005 ford mustang gt UNDER 30K!

posted by  talongod33

I'd love to find the time/money to dink around with a car till I can put it together (or at least a lot of it) it would be a great learning experience and give me a car I'd love. And with the other of the money I'd buy a used Impreza to get me through all year, that or a Ranger.

posted by  Flame Roller

If I had an extra 30 grand, i'd throw in a jackson racing supercharger into my Miata, give it an entirely new Racing Beat exhaust system, and do whatever minor body mods I want..
Then, i'd take the rest of the cash and fully restore my XR4Ti :mrgreen:

posted by  Spitsign

30,000 usd lying around? That is like 37000 dollars canadian, in Vancouver i can buy a R32 GTR II for around 12000 dollars canadian. Then replace the engine (newer RB26DET) or RB25, not sure which one the R32 uses, replace the suspension system. Replace the roll cage with a lighter and safer one, rip out useless crap. New lighter camshafts, ECU replacement, fuel management system, Brembo brakes, and exhaust sytem. Lighter Recaro bucket seats, Momo wheel, and obviously gauges. Change engine internals, new turbo system, new transmission and then race the beast. Of course, i will not modify the exterior much, maybe new wheels and tires and a small body kit. And you will have the ultimate sleeper, even though its a skyline, people won't be expecting 10's from a 15 year old nearly stock on the outside skyline.

posted by  aerith

I'm down with that. :hi: :mrgreen:

posted by  ToCkS

1) The R32 uses the same RB26DETT that the R33 and R34 uses...but they made slight changes to them...the power went up gradually...but as we all know...they were underrated in power...but the same engine code for all gens.

2) Replace the roll cage? Skyline's didnt come w/roll cages stock.

3) I think the Vspec model came w/Brembo's...not sure

posted by  NISSANSPDR

lol finally found people that like the same car as me

posted by  ahoo

It would have horrible weight imbalance. You're looking at 64/36 F/R with a big Twin Turbo Inline Six motor up front. In other words, It wouldn't do any good in anything requiring handling.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Dont try talking sense into him Thunder...it's like trying to fit the round peg in the square hole

:banghead:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

What? No love for the Starion ESI-R?

posted by  Zalight

I messed up on the roll cage, i meant add a roll cage and replace the existing heavier impact safety equipment, like stock side impact bar with a lighter one, etc etc. And, obviously if i were to race this thing for anything but straights, then i would balance it out huh? But there are ways to try and lighten the front end, replace the hodd with CF, replace the fenders with fiberglass panels, try and upgrade as much as possible with the engine using lighter stronger materials like titanium.

posted by  aerith

Well you cant do all that under the budget of 30k

posted by  NISSANSPDR

there is no way in hell you could RWD a RSX and do a proper motor swap. 30k? eh...no

posted by  Low Impedance

?!?!!?!WTF!!>!>??!? :banghead:

posted by  Low Impedance

why not?

with 30k... I would get a supra... ;) why?... well why not... :D

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

i think 30k is enough to do a engine swap in rsx with rwd :mrgreen:

It would be $30k just for the R & D put into it. Parts would be another $30k w/ labor.

posted by  thunderbird1100

okay whatever you say

the cost of the car will be most of the 30k. then the front clip of the car, actaully the whole car, with needs to be in running condition, and not hit for the sake of good suspension parts you will be needing. so....that leaves you at no.

posted by  Low Impedance

Labor itself must be around 10k alone...plus the motor and all you need to make it RWD is probably insane!

posted by  NISSANSPDR

he summarized it for me, though i would buy it since im a supra fan and i want the whole collection :D

posted by  Inygknok

Thats a good one! :thumbs: :clap:

posted by  StiMan

Well, it depends on you connections. I can get all those CF, titanium, fiberglass parts from one of my friends for very cheap, his dad owns a performance shop, so he has all this stuff that either people returned or leftover parts, leftover parts does not mean they are bad, just that people do not know how to use them or don't want to spend that extra money when they could have a tank of "NOS" Hahah, i was trying to delve into the mind of a ricer kid there, :orglaugh:
Anyways, my friend has all this stuff in his garage piled up and he can sell it to me for a fraction of the price, well, that is if he has rb26dett parts lying around.

posted by  aerith

I would get a twin turbo supra. All the way baby! :hi:

posted by  Smokin_you

I would get a white integra gsr right hand driver and get a clean body kit, a small wet nos system, no turbo, get some red racing seats some red neons, three alpine type X size 12s and three 1k watt alpine amps. A nice alpine head set, roll cage...new rims and tires, short shifter kit full exhaust set. And save the rest.

posted by  DSMDriver

this picture is realy anoyinng

posted by  gtr_man

Picture of what?

posted by  NISSANSPDR

this is annoying :screwy:

Ya it really is. CarExpert does random posts all over the place... it is quite annoying...

posted by  StiMan

...but adam is the only person who can change that..... So, until then, just ignore it or answer his questions as best as possible.

30k?

99 camaro z28
-some form of forced induction
-underdrive pulleys
-stroker kit
-intake manifold
-exhaust manifold
-downpipe
-exhaust system
-some form of a cold air intake (don't know much 'bout intakes)
-fuel pump/rail/injectors

that should bring it to about 30k.

posted by  Godlaus

Im asking cause im not sure but I think its because the muffler has to do something to the sound so the sound of the engine pulses are even and cancel out? Can you take a muffler out and stay legal? THe sound would be loud and weird but it will take away backpressure.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Dude open a new Thread

if i had 30k i would probably buy a RSX

posted by  z4k9

:thumbs: Allright buddy :clap:

With an extra 30k id probably buy a 99 or newer miata and dump a turbo 13b or 20b in it and have the coolest little roadster around.

posted by  High Impedance

^^ you on aim right now Todd?

20b wouldnt fit. 13bt now where getting somewhere.

posted by  Low Impedance

if i had US $30000...hot dog! id get a r32 vspec II

posted by  ahoo

Probably a 350Z.

posted by  ThirdeYe

loyalty to nissan?

posted by  Godlaus

Aint nothing wrong w/having a personal preference or bias...it's only when you cant see past your bias are you truly blinded by you're love/obsession

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I never said anything about it being bad, I was just curious if he had a loyalty.

posted by  Godlaus

hmmm i like the idea but me already owning an acura integra id have to drop a spooner block in run some nex and then take the remaning 6g and buy a toyota echo 40mpg rocks :laughing:

posted by  logic0010

Lol. 6g aint going to get you an Echo. Maybe a heavily used one...

posted by  StiMan

hmmm ... if it is possible, make modifications of wings that fold up in back, throw a jet engine in there, have a car that can fly. wouldn't matter what make / model it was!

btw ... i have an 1983 Toyota that gets 48 MPG on highway

posted by  CaR_OwNeR

One word says it all "Eleanor"...............................................i doubt i could get one for 30k though!

posted by  jdubya

damn straight. Twin Turbo Supra all the way.

posted by  Accord_Man

Word :thumbs: .

And the Supra is one of the sexies cars on the planet, an RSX doesn't make the list (don't get me wrong, I think they're nice and all, just not even on the same playing field).

posted by  Bino

For 30k you could probably get just the look of Eleanor...but you'd miss out on the power and the nitrous...it had one mean mother of an engine!!!

posted by  NISSANSPDR

If I had 30k lying around I would put a b18 c4 in my prelude then soup the hell out of it. Then I would put a Kombat body kit on it. Put on a CF wing on it. Get it painted. Then air Brushed with some tight ass graphics. Then put a bomb ass system in it. :2cents:

posted by  JDMprelude92

What engine is the b18c4?? Is that the integra type R?

posted by  CarEXPERT

I want to know the answer to this as well. Because a B18C1 is a GSR motor and a B18C5 is a Type R motor. Was the "4" a mistype?

posted by  Bino

It's a new JDM type yo engine, B

LOL

posted by  NISSANSPDR

it looked great though!

posted by  jdubya

Sure you could. *I* could. Though I'd use an LS2 and make sure to get closer to 50/50 weight balance...

But that's not the project I'd do for $30k (hell, I could build 3-6 cars complete for that money).

Another V8 RX7 would be one project, which would leave me $20k left over for other projects... ;)

An AWD turbo 3.8 powered Olds Ciera wagon, for shits and giggles would be another. A 460 powered Pinto would be a good third one... or finish my '63 Comet convertible... so many choices... :hi:

posted by  ChrisV

i'd get a 1g eagle talon (dsm) and have it run 9 seconds with the left over money and then buy some coronas, smoke a cigarette :smoke: and chill... cuz it takes 10k and less to make a 95 gsx to 10 seconds...

posted by  4g63

Your Message