My next undertaking.

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  My next undertaking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Tsunami_Bomb/danscarmoney.jpg

THis is a first gen RX7 for those who dont know. not mine exactly, but the same looking only black with a black leather interior :mrgreen:

Its an 82. solid rear axle. and cheap. Basically, it will be using a EFI 13B with 6PI. rebuilt with a 1/2 bridge and a hitachi stocker turbo i have. That will translate to fast. Come on, you know you love it. keeping it as stock looking as can be. even using the 13" factory rims.

posted by  Low Impedance

nice..be sure to post pics when its totally fixed up :thumbs:

posted by  Eclipse_2004

Best of luck...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Sounds cool! Good luck! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Keep us updated :thumbs:

posted by  Godlaus

Why only the half bridge?

Trying to save your ear drums?

posted by  Zalight

lasts longer than the full bridge. that and a powerband starting at 8K is crazy

posted by  Low Impedance

Sounds good. LIke to see pics of the projects

posted by  Swift

its is going to be my ""junkyard" racer. got the car for 300, the used turbo in amazingly good shape for 150, the 13b is from my other 7 that i parted out. the rest is going to be alot of ebay. mmm....ebay.

posted by  Low Impedance

Hell yea dude! Awesome! Have fun building then post your timeslip.

Have you heard a full bridge port rocketing down the strip, or anywhere in real life for that matter? Cause I have I was watching a 1st gen with a bridgeported 13b REW then all of the sudden Owww...Is that blood coming out of my ear?
( well not really but you get the point)

posted by  Zalight

i have a video of a FD with a 1/2 bridge at 11psi running 10.6's with mostly everything else stock

posted by  Low Impedance

Yes, god bless ebay. $300 is sick. I picked up my 95 GSX for $900, but you can imagine the condition. I'm not done with that one yet but I'm having a hard time focusing. I'm looking for a new project as I speak. Would love to get my hands on something like that though. As far as that video goes is it on your comp or is it an actual video. I'd like to see that. I have one of this starion running 9.6. It's pretty sick

posted by  Swift

this one is a combiniation of luck and people who know nothing. I found it at the junkyard. And it is was mint! that have an 87 GXL there too, almost mint. :screwy: Plus, they have no one get parts off them and they have no idea what they are so they left them go for CHEAP. works well for me!

posted by  Low Impedance

that vid is on my computer. there are two actaully. it was done by some guy on the rx7club.com. so finding the post and having it still hosted would be hard to find. i can always send it to you if you want it. One vid is from inside the car, the other is at the track. Thing revs high and FAST!

posted by  Low Impedance

lol! got my insurance quote for the FB....50 a month... :laughing:

so cheap.....

well anywho, i got a few desirable parts for the car and the 13b is going under the knife soon enough. Hope to have the FB at the house in two or three weeks. i get some pictures of the car up too.

posted by  Low Impedance

I remember my father having a 79 RX-7 as a beater for a few years. That 12a engine would just rev and rev. After about 3 years though it kept having too many engine troubles and he junked it. Fun car though. I personally was thinking of doing a LS1 2nd gen RX-7 before my 300ZXTT.

posted by  thunderbird1100

have fun with your rx7

post pictures when your done with it

posted by  gtr_man

Your Message