best modifications for a rb26dett

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  best modifications for a rb26dett

hey what are the best modifications for the rb26dett engine? and how much would it cost for all the best parts?

posted by  azn2nv

Well...you could get yourself some real nice aftermarket pistons and connecting rods so that it won't blow it self to pieces pistons are around 800 rods eh haven't really looked into it but prolly the same. Could also get HKS ballbearing turbos (don't have prices on them) seen them on an RB26 before pretty nasty. And how bout a twin plate clutch (no idea on price also, prolly pretty pricey) also as you prolly know you're gonna need to get a gasket set from like friggin Australia or some place in Cali that will charge an arm and a leg. I realize i'm not too much help but i thought since no one else had posted yet i would share my very limited knowledge.

posted by  slavboy1

Just curious you actually have the engine and plan on putting it in somthing or you just doing some research and planning.

posted by  slavboy1

Do you mean for him to buy 2 new ballbearing turbos to replace them, or did you not realize that the rb26dett already has 2 turbos.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Yes I know, that's why i asked. I just had to make sure i understood what you were talkin about.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

no i ment for him to get two new ball bearing turbos (yes i know that's pricey but it's just a thought) Because as you prolly know the TT in RB26DETT stands for 2 turbos

posted by  slavboy1

Your Message