swapping engine into civic hatchback

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  swapping engine into civic hatchback

Ive just inherited an 89 civic hatchback but the engine is toast and approx. a year ago I wrecked my 90 integra ( I believe that it has a B18b in it) and the engine is still good so I was wondering if it would be a logical swap from the integra to the civic. I read the post about the other civic hatchback but they were suggesting that he put an H series motor in it, but I don't have that kind of cash. I'm wondering if I would have any trouble with mounts and things like that.

posted by  JSnowman76

A friend of mine just dropped a B18 into a 89 civic hatch. Im not sure if he had trouble with the motor mounts lining up. Ill ask him tom when I see him and let you know.

posted by  Burritosf

If you could do that I woluld really appreciate it, please post on this site I will be checking it every few days or so

posted by  JSnowman76

I talked to the guy today and he told me that he did have to change out the motor mounts but it wasnt that big of a deal. His hatchback is so freaking fast now though. If you dont mind changing a few things up I would suggest it to be an extremly logical swap.

posted by  Burritosf

You'll need new motor mounts. HASPORT makes some.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message