Nissan 240SX

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Nissan 240SX

I still have a few months untill I get my license but It doesn't hurt to look ahead of time for a car I think. I'm kinda interested in the Nissan 240SX. I was wondering what you guys think about this car before I get seriouly into it and want to buy one. If I where to buy one it would have to be and old year, like 1990-1995 because I don't have much money. So what do you guys think of this car?
[/img]

posted by  Morphias87

I tried posting a picture of it but I don't really get how to do it lol, I would appreciate if some one also helped me with that. :D

posted by  Morphias87

I know there simular to the older Australian model 200sx or the earlier version looked like the s13 silvia. But with a few differences. KA24E or later KA24DE motor compared to the Australian Sr20det or jap sr20det / ca18det. In addition, I have heard the KA24DE produces good torque down low.

I think it has about 130hp and the DE model 155hp. Which is around the same performance as a naturally aspirated sr20.

I think there pretty cool :)
As I would :D

posted by  57ock

The 240sx is a girl mobile. It just looks like a "secretary's" car...IMO.

posted by  BavarianWheels

here we call bmw Z3 a hair dressers car :)

posted by  57ock

I can appreciate...

:popcorn: :lurk:

posted by  vwhobo

hehe that just got me cracking up somehow.

posted by  SuperJew

Front engine, RWD, first car- you're gonna die.

-Josh

posted by  spirited driver

:D Thnx for the heads up Josh.

posted by  Morphias87

Well, have you ever driven this setup before?? Do you get rain or snow in your region?

http://northwestnissans.com/240sx/images/crashed-logo.jpg

-Josh

posted by  spirited driver

if you are a complete moron, do not respect the car, and what it is capable of, then yes, you will most likely wreck your car, and/or get hurt
however, if you are marginally intelligent, you should be fine with a front engine/RWD combo for your first vehicle

a guy on another forum i post at just got one, '95 i believe

he's having some decent luck with it, needed a new clutch, and a few other odds and ends, but i don't think it has stranded him yet

if you are careful in choosing, take your time, and take someone that can help you out with checking the mechanical aspects of the car (if you don't know what to check yourself that is) then you should be fine
the main thing to do is take your time, if you find anything that is bugging you about the vehicle, step back and give it a week or two, i wish i had done so with my first car, i would have waited and bought a different one a few months down the road
if the person selling it says that they can't wait, don't worry about it, another will turn up

BTW - to attach an image, you can either hit the "Add attachment" button at the bottom and put in the relavent info, or you can copy the URL of the image, then include the Img tags (hit the quote button and look at the bottom of my post, where the picture is)
if you need more help, PM me

http://photo.thetechzone.com/data//503/626MVC-001F.JPG?502

posted by  asa67_stang

Ya...I'll always look to see what hot secretary is driving the above car...kinda like the Jettas...aye?

:D

The 240sx is one of the most respected Drift racing cars ever built. My next vehicle will be a 240sx.

posted by  Sethro

Ya...you and the 240 can "drift" on outta here... :D

240sx needs a sr20det to be a very good drifter. Plus with a few simple mods to the black top sr20, *exhaust and i/c with a bit more boost. You can give an m3 a run.

posted by  57ock

A "run", yes...

A lesson...Nope.

Not a lesson, more like a whoopin.

S15 Silvia Jap spec has around 180kWs @ fly. 1270kgs. runs a high 13 1/4 mile.
With fuel pump upgrade, larger front mount intercooler, drain pipe exhaust from the turbo back, more boost *16psi* 180kW
@ wheels. 18 to 20psi your pushing 200kWs @ wheels. Which would be more then enough power to beat a standard M3 and M5

Off the line, the m3 would pull away, but once the Silvia broke traction, it would just fly past the m3.

Power to weight.

M3 are great cars, but doesn't take much for a Sr20det Silvia to beat one.
Personally, I'd prefer the m3 anyway. :)

posted by  57ock

::sigh:: All that, just to beat an M3... ::sigh::

I guess the Silvia having to "break" anything would cause the M3 driver to turn and have pitty or cringe at the stench ;) :D

A Standard Jap S15 Silvia performance is the same as a M3 :)

Break anything? 100,000km on the gauge with the standard internals, plus the motor tuned to pump out 250kWs @ wheels. Never misses a beat :)

So the M3 driver would be facing front wondering. I just got my arse kicked by a car 1/3 the price. :D

posted by  57ock

And one not available to 80% of the world... ;)

Very true.

posted by  Satty101

Very true. Lucky for all those m3 drivers tho :)

posted by  57ock

I like the car they look really cool when there all decked out

posted by  Car Guy

Yeah, and the Subaru WRX STi is only 32k and runs 12.7's from the factory..I think that would teach an M3 a thing or two.... :hi:

posted by  jmyers0341

And what exactly would that be? Teach me.

I got a 240SX recently and I love the thing. It's been a little tricky here in Wisconsin for a bit, but if you don't drive like a moron, you'll be fine. On a bit of a side note, does anyone know where I could buy a new hatch online? Mine has a big rust hole near the spoiler mounts, thanks to the guy not taking care of it before it got out of hand. :doh:

posted by  Tha_L_Train

check out ebay, im sure they have one

posted by  mazda6man

Since you will be drifting all over the streets of Japan, right?

posted by  Vassar

Vassar...some background on this Sethro character....you know what, ill let this (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1058) post speak for itself.

posted by  SuperJew

What are you talking about? Did I miss something?

posted by  Vassar

You missed a lot from this glow worm (and I hope it's ok for me to say it since I myself am a pretty big glow worm).

anyways Vassar, Sethro was probably one person on here that would've been better off just skipping on by this forum. He left within the time of what? 1-2 months? Same with our little postwhore "chevysuxdong". :cussing:

posted by  Satty101

I remember ChevySuxD0ng....he was the one who kept saying i was gay. when in truth it was him :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

heh, ya. That was stupid. BTW, love the new member title :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

yeah...i wanted Adam to make an animated "pimp slapped" smiley but hes got a lot...so i made a temporary one, and i guess ill use it a good amount :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message