Nissan 240SX ?? and the RB26DET

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Nissan 240SX ?? and the RB26DET

Hey guys! Long time!
Anyways here's my situation. I've decided to completely repair and sell my two 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo cars... along with anything else i can find...

I'll eventually end up with about $9000 or $10,000 depending on what I can get sold around here. I was thinking of buying a 240sx. 95 - 98..... now, I have NO CLUE what so ever about the S13/14/15 or whatever they have...?

I'd really like to swap the engine and transMIssIon with the RB26DET...
I really like the circle headlights on the skyline...and the tail lights..

..and who has $30,000 to have a Skyline imported? Not me...

heh.. anyways.. Which 240sx do I need in order to make the engine and tranny swap for the RB26DET (correct me if I'm wrong about this being the same engine as in the skyline. I heard it was the bad-boy) :cool2:

Thanks!
I'm also looking at the Honda Civics (97 - 00) and Mazda Rx-7's (93 & 94), opinions would be greatly appreciated.

posted by  l Ne0K l

what the hell. freaking double post :banghead:

posted by  Low Impedance

93+ RX7's in a condition you want will usually run you more than 10K. you can get one with REALLY high mileage or a blown motor for less but will need to put money into it.

you could make one mean car with the 240 and the RB swap. The rb26 though is the hardest you could have picked. The rb25, which does not have as much power but is still a very good choice, would be a hell of alot easier.

posted by  Low Impedance

i don't know about the rb26 in the 240, but you can put in the RB25DET, but you will have to do some work for the proper weight distribution and also for the transmission, however in sport compact car they wrote an article about putting RB25DET engine in the 240, here it is

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0309scc_hybrid/index.html

hope that helps

posted by  240SXSR20DET

Your Message