Honda Accord

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Accord

i just wanted to get your opinion on this, i was looking in the paper and there was a 1984 honda accord that i was thinking about buying for my younger brother, its got a brand new clutch in it and the interior is in great shape, paint looks good, no scratches, brand new speakers in it, and it has 171 thousand miles on it, they are asking 1350$ for it. do you guys think i can find a better deal??

posted by  z4k9

thats a 21 year old car :banghead: you can find like 92 prelude for 2gs

posted by  slvracurarsx03

that is true. but i only have 1500$, and i want to get a good deal, i was just wondering if you think they are asking to much for the car....

posted by  z4k9

hell yea i wouldn't pay not more than $700 :2cents: for that.

84 accord is worth about $500-$700. You can pickup an LX 90-91 Accord for 1500 with around 200k miles.

posted by  thunderbird1100

yeah no kidding...that cars >>way<< overpriced.....try running the numbers on www.kbb.com

posted by  Eclipse_2004

i have not checked the blue book on it, but it sounds a bit overpriced to me.

posted by  jdubya

Hmm. interesting how people can start saying a car is "too old." Check KBB for the price of a '73 Mazda RX3... or the price of an '86 Toyota Corolla GTS (the AE86). How about a '65 VW Bug (that sold new for $1200). Or even on my own '81 Fiat 124 Spider...

Here on the east coast, ANY car of the '70s and early '80s that has survived can have a decent street value.

posted by  ChrisV

Pfft, look at your list. 73 RX7, 65 Bug, AE86, 81 Fiat? Those are all cars that people want. We're talking about an average sedan thats older than most people here and the guy wants $1300 for it? That cars too old for what hes asking. Check the KBB of an average sedan made in 1984 and see what you get....

OR

Why not compare 94 Impala SS's KBB to 94 Cavaliers KBB.... :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

Yor'e ringht. No one wanted Accords, and classic versions of them aren't popular at all... :screwy:

Dude, even basic sedans from then and older are worth silly money here. id' have said teh same as you when someone told me that a '75 granada was worth more than $300, as we could find them all over teh west cosast for that. And most of teh Bugs I bought from teh '60s were bought for under $300, as well. Same $300 Bug over here is $3000, and ive' seen stock '70s Granads hitting $4k here, just because they survived... crazy. A good running Honda anywhere near a grand is a good deal here, regardless of age.

posted by  ChrisV

Lets be serious now.... If I wanted to I could'nt find an 84 Accord without searching hard enough let alone find a group of people or person(s) who would want an 84 Accord. That may be something somone you know might be interested in, but here on my side of the fence(same East Coast as yours) no one I know is particuarly looking for an 84 Accord(or pre 90's). If they are I can assure you if they are they are not looking to spend $1300 on it ESPECIALLY when a newer lower mileage Accord can be bought for the same price.

I'd say more along the lines of $900+ for an Accord that old. Maybe $1300 for a CRX or Civic 3-Door, but not just a plain old Accord.

posted by  DSMer

Good point :laughing:

thats not a bad price for that car. you could maybe find one for $1000 but the new clutch makes up for that.

posted by  Import-tuner

Your Message