Saab

Home  \  European Imports  \  Saab

interested in getting a saab 9-3 or 900 se, 2.0 turbo, only problem is theres 100k miles on them, i know saabs are relilable but with 100k are they worth it. give me your feedback - zach

posted by  zach3316

What year are the ones you're looking at?

posted by  Zalight

96 and up
in the 6 - 9 grand price range

posted by  zach3316

For 6-9 grand Im sure you could find a decent car with lower miles, but if you have your heart set on the saab, Im sure you'll be fine. Just make sure you get the car looked at from top to bottom by a saab mechanic.

posted by  Zalight

Saab engines are generally bullet proof, as long as the owner can supply a full Service History, you should be fine (obviously check other relevent stuff too though!)

posted by  Cliffy

Saab engines were way ahead of their time back in the day, my dads saab has a 2.0L DOHC 4Valve per cylinder Turbo engine. Saabs can run 200K miles easy. It's a shame that they don't make many performance parts for them. Otherwise people would be throwin saab 2.0 Turbos in their civics and not B18s :laughing: . In '86 the 9000s had like 160hp stock, that's a lot for 1986. And not to mention they were 4 door family luxury sedans. I wish GM hadn't bought them :ohcrap: .

If you're going to get a saab, get one from before 2001 (I think), because that was when GM bought them and started putting their own motors in them :doh: . (Definetly won't run 200k miles.)

I would LOVE a 9-3 Viggen though :drool:

posted by  TurboLag

At the beginning of last year I had a 2.0 900, it wasn't a Turbo but it was a 1982 model with 120,000miles on the clock. There wasn't an oil leak in sight either. She was built like a tank, too! :thumbs:

I dont think it's such a bad thing that GM owns Saab though, they aint all that bad lol :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I love GM, but I would take swedish engineering over american engineering anyday :thumbs:

I don't think GM is as dependable as Saab was, I wouldn't trust an unrebuilt chevy motor with 200k+ miles

posted by  TurboLag

LOL...I'm inclined to agree with you there.....I feel the same about British cars (being a Brit)...as you do about US cars (being a Yank) :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

360 modena what lol

posted by  ferrariman666

Your Message