1995 BMW 850i

Home  \  European Imports  \  1995 BMW 850i

Yep, thats right, I finally broke down and bought one. Cost me $17,660, but I got it! I bought it off of eBaymotors because I couldnt find one around here. On Monday I go out to Arizona to pick her up, so I wont be around for a couple days. :mrgreen: Now congratulate me before I kick all of your asses! :ticking: :laughing:
http://www.chooseyouritem.com/autos/photos/77000/77359-2.1991.BMW.850i.jpg
http://www.chooseyouritem.com/autos/photos/77000/77359-3.1991.BMW.850i.jpg

posted by  FordFromHell351

that's got a V12, right? those are wicked badass. my uncle had one of those and he loved it...though the V12s probably eat up gas like its no tomorrow. powerful, though. :hi:

posted by  SuperJew

congrats! is it fast? :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

Havent gotten to drive it yet, but I will Monday or Tuesday...whenever I get there. Im leaving Monday so most likely Tuesday. :thumbs: Ill let you guys know how she rides. I cant wait to get behind the wheel. :mrgreen:

That it does. :smoke: I cant wait to get her back here.

They've never been my cup of tea, but I certainly wouldn't turn one down if it was offered to me on a plate. Congrats! :thumbs:

Geez, I aint seen you in a while, SJ, how are you?

posted by  Cliffy

have fun with that two ton beast. to bad its automatic, right?

posted by  pik_d

Are you flying there and then driving it back?

You should go through ABQ,NM so I can see the beast in person!

posted by  Zalight

sounds like your ready to rip some ricer's wings off as you fly by them... :orglaugh:

wish I had that kind of money...

congrats man!

OT - zalight, im supposed to be in ABQ eventually to either goto school/just live there, got a really good friend down there, lives on Constitution Dr NE.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Sick, You'll dig the Burque. Its got plenty of stuff to do, which is surprising for the location. I mean the rest of NM is kinda boring but the ABQ/RR area is fun.

Constitution? Is he in the rich part or the ghetto part?

posted by  Zalight

You sure aren't afraid to be frank :laughing:

posted by  TurboLag

Actually 2 tons would only be 2,000lbs and thats pretty light. Its actually heavier than that. No, its a 5 speed.

*Cough* 4,000lbs *Cough* :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Im actually having a friend of mine drive me out. I dont want to spend money on plane ticket. Plus, Ive been to Arizona before, I like the view on the drive over :mrgreen:
I would definatly bring it by! To bad I have to be back to work by Thursday though :ohcrap:

Actually I think theyre something like 3,800 :laughing: But you were closer than pik_d haha

You said 2 tons were 2,000 pounds, 1 ton is 2,000lbs and 2 tons is 4,000lbs :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I try not to do math when I'm not in school :laughing:

posted by  TurboLag

Hmmm...I always thought that a ton = 1000lbs. :banghead: Learned something new.

1,000lbs would be 1/2 ton

posted by  99integra

2tonnes = 2,000kg's....I believe....not lbs lol :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

In the US it is, that is what I was taught :laughing:

posted by  99integra

You English people have ****ed up measureing systems :laughing: But thats cool, you guys secretly control the world. I have respect for you :thumbs:

I know that Cliff :laughing:, I was taught that it was pounds, not kilo's

posted by  99integra

Indeed we do lol....now shut the **** up before I kill you lol....just kiddin' :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

LOL...appologies, I deleted my response to your last post when I thought I misunderstood you...I hoped you didn't see....I now know that I didn't misunderstand you, so I'll post again lol...

A pound is not a kilo...we all learn differently, but a kilo is a kilo and a pound is a pound...I think I understood you that time! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I was clicking on the quote button and the damn thing said invalid something and I thought you deleted or locked the thread :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Would I do something as heartless as close a thread? :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

haha good point, you aren't Bav with his happy little trigger finger :hi:

posted by  99integra

Easy does it...have you read my latest sticy? lol....anyways, dont wanna put a downer on things...but it goes against everything I stand for, not only as a Rent-a-Cop, but as a Moderator, to let this thread keep spiralling off topic :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

You're right, and Bav, don't ban me lol :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

:thumbs: :thumbs: :hi: :hi: <<

posted by  Cliffy

i'm so glad we all now know the difference between a ton (2000lbs), and a tonne(1000kgs). :D

and, nice to know its a 5-speed, considering i didnt think they made those.

well... maybe thats why its an 850i, and not an 850Ci, because i do NOT know what all those letters mean to BMW...

posted by  pik_d

I always thought that the 'c' stood for Coupe, and the 'i' as always, for Injection :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

makes sense to me. :mrgreen:

posted by  pik_d

rich part lol

his family owns Aztec Grading...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well aparrently they did :thumbs:

Damnit. It would have been sweet to see that thing.........and race it. :laughing:

Oh well, where are you located anyway? I know you've said it before and something in the back of my mind says florida for some reason, but I think im thinking of Steven.

posted by  Zalight

Wonder what that V12 will sound like with a nice open exhaust :thumbs:

posted by  thunderbird1100

T=touring (wagon or hatchback)
I=injected
C=Coupe or convertible (which is why the 330ci is the same for the coupe and conv)
X=All Wheel drive
L= I have no damn clue.....
S=sport (I think)

and of course the most powerful letter in the world:
M= Motorsports

Then the first number in the name is the series, the next two are its literage, and the letters are its trim.

So a 318ti is a touring edition 3 series with a 1.8l fuel injected engine.

BUT.... BMW is somewhat retarded so they switched up the numbering a few times on a few cars. For example, the e36 328is is actually a 2.5 liter, but they felt that 325 and 323 were too close and nobody would make the distinction between the two. So, because the 328 is so much more doomful then the 323, they rebadged as a 328 instead of a 325.

Sorry If I don't make sense, I spent the night at a ladyfriends house drinking smirnoff and I didn't get much sleep. Thus I am only functioning because of my Starbucks quad shot Caramel Machiato and newports.

posted by  Zalight

Same goes for the 316i in some cases it's a 1.8litre engine, in others it's a 1.6litre.....And the 318i can be a 1.8 or a 1.9litre, and in newer models, even a 2.0litre!
:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah...Crazy Germans.

posted by  Zalight

Good, thats a really nice area. The ghetto area is, well, ghetto.

posted by  Zalight

Thats what we're going to find out baby! :hi:

Im in Kansas. So Im going a ways out :laughing: But its allll worth it. I want to move to Cali though. That would be nice.

I've heard that before lol, wouldn't be much different then here, in regards to ghetto/rich areas being on the same street...just like 5 miles away from each other.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Ehhh, thats nice I guess :ticking:

posted by  99integra

And in his case, the '95 850Ci is a 5.4 liter (up from 5 liters the previous years) with 326 hp, and the same year 850CSi is a 360 hp 5.6 liter (there were only 1500 CSi's made from 1992-1996)

And there are no 5.4 liter, manual transmission cars. Those cars had the 5 speed automatic. The earlier 5 liter cars had either the 4 speed automatic or a 6 speed manual. And all the 850CSi examples (aka the M8) had the 6 speed manual)

posted by  ChrisV

L = long-wheelbase. heince the 745/50/60 iL/Li. BMW changed the designation from iL to Li when they changed the styling in...i don't remember the year, but it was the change from the good design to the shit design, with the so called 'Bangle Butt' which has sparked controversy, and possibly numerous gunfights. but not that last bit. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

OHHHHHHH!!!!

Long wheelbase!, sweet thanks for the info man!

And BTW the only gunfights that have broke out over the Bangle butt have been between me and Bangle himself...He got me in the shoulder last time, But don't think he walked away unscathed either. He may have won last time, but im not finished with him yet!

*shouts to a dark sky filled with lightning*
YOU HEAR THAT BANGLE!?!?!? IM NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!!!!!!

posted by  Zalight

You realize that Bangle did the work on your M3, too, right? He's the one that turned it from that base, black bumper 318i I posted to the M3 visually...

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah, but apparently he had a stroke and forgot how to make cars...pretty.

posted by  Zalight

sometimes the iS meant sport package and sometimes it meant coupe (before the Ci designation). Read it in European Car Magazine back when they did an excellently comprehensive E30 buyers guide.

posted by  VG30DE

NICE. I love those cars. :thumbs:
Don't guess you'd be swinging by Charlotte anytime soon.... :banghead:

posted by  jedimario

Your Message