I need feedbacks!

Home  \  European Imports  \  I need feedbacks!

I am looking around for my next car. No more ricers (RSX, Intergras, Civics, etc.) and no more Japanese luxury (IS300, GS300, Camry, etc). I want my next car to be a European. What car would you recommend for a FIRST TIME European car buyer?

These are the cars I was looking at and possibly considering around the $25-$35k range. Please tell me from your experience with these cars if these are reliable, good value, and if it is a good investment.

2006 BMW 330i
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230K Sport Sedan
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan
2006 BMW X-3 3.0i

Or anything you guys recommend.

posted by  drifterv_2000

First of all an Integra's and RSX's are NOT ricers, they only are when people put ugly ass shit on them

posted by  99integra

Exactly, many of all of the RSX and Intergras out there have a modification of some sort, making them ricers. And if I offended you, sorry but that is how I refer them as. But it does not answer my question.

posted by  drifterv_2000

I would think of getting the Saab or the 3 series :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Is there any particular reason why? Well for me, the Mercedes looks like a car for the older crowd, and I'm 25. That car would be my last preference. And the others I mention are more sporty, yes, and more aggressive looking.

posted by  drifterv_2000

I like the Mercedes but would go with the other two :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Well yeah, can't go wrong with the Mercedes. It is not bad, I know a guy who bought a black one, man does it stand out. The thing I like about the Mercedes in particular is the wheels and the light blue tinted window, which makes the car totally unique. And it is stock!

posted by  drifterv_2000

I would go with the BMW 330i. Stay away from the new Saabs, since GM has taken them over theyve become junk. If you want a Saab, get an older 80s model. :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

I would recomend an e46 330ci, or if you're looking to spend a little less money an e36 328is.

posted by  Zalight

I agree, I would go with the BMW they are lots of fun and run smooth. I love my 2004 325i and my friend is very happy with his 330i. :thumbs:

posted by  spyuled

if i had $25-35k id buy a used bmw m3.
and im going to!

posted by  chloroform

So much BMW love now-a-days at CF!!!

It just makes me so happy I want to cry! :laughing:

posted by  Zalight

I'm w/ SlipKnoT, Saabs are junk. Mercedes is expierencing reliability problems, mini-suv's are ugly (even if they are BMW). Go with the 3-series, it's a good car, or even better, get a used M3.

posted by  Slapshot

OK, which year of the M3 would you guys prefer? The newer M3 looks better, yet the older model is not bad, so what is the difference between the last generation model and the one right before it?

posted by  drifterv_2000

Dude how would you know? You're not even old enough to drive yet.

posted by  fudge

2000 was when bmw started making the new generation m3
curb weight 3460 lbs, 330 hp
i dont like the newer ones as much as the ones from the late 90's because i like the lighter curb weight (3170 lbs, 240 hp) and the body style was better in my opinion. im not saying i dont like the way the new m3's look but i prefer the compact sporty design and feel of the old ones.
im looking into a 1999. its actually pretty easy to find them used with not too many miles. 98's are just as well.

posted by  chloroform

Nothing Beats a Benz, get one in black preferably. I'd DEFINITLY 100% without a question go with the benz, I mean after all, it's a Benz, you'd be CRAZY to get ANYTHING else.

posted by  Legion5

Cool thanks for all the feedbacks, it really help me alot. Before this post, my first choice was a BMW. Thanks alot!

posted by  drifterv_2000

No! Benzes bad. :laughing: they were ranked, like 25th in the Uk in a reliability survey 'cause of all the electronics in 'em screw up, the BMW wasn't much beter, and the japanese cars dominated. But between the benze and BMW, go 4 the BMW. Why? because it's styling is so much better, cause it's faster, and cause mercede's benze's look like grandaddy cars. :laughing:

posted by  Slapshot

Your Message