what iz the best?

Home  \  European Imports  \  what iz the best?

Ok, everybudsys wat is the best European Import you can buy from 1980 2 1990 for between 5K and 10K, and I want facts to back up your opinions, like you can't say the BMW 3 series is the greatest just 'cause u like it. ok, just wondering.

posted by  Slapshot

I would say Audi Quattro, but that certainly isnt in the price range stated. I dunno on this one..

posted by  StiMan

Do you mean performance wise? I would have to go with a saab, preferably the 9000t because it looks so much better than the 900. They can go for 200,000 miles before needing rebuilt, DOHC 16V, 2.0 ('85-'90) or 2.3 ('91+) turbo. And they aren't bad looking either. They were top of the line in the 80's- early 90's and were really fast and had a lot of umph compared to other luxury sedans. Dirt cheap as well, you can get a good one for $1500 and use the rest of your cash on upgrades :wink2: :thumbs: . There are lots of sites with good aftermarket stuff like turbos, intercoolers, N20, etc. And lots of exterior mods such as spoilers, side skirts, emblems, and such.

I'd go saab all the way :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

I dunno...I'm struggling to find a car that old that's as expensive as that lol :thumbs:

Gotta be an early 90's M5 :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

porsche 944 turbo?
lotus esprit, but they're more rare and people gouge for the price

posted by  chloroform

When you ask what is "best" you need to define what is best. What is best for me, may not be the best for you. Some people are all about function, some are all about looks and attention. Unless you describe what you are after in a vehicle, you aren't going to get much help.

:2cents:

posted by  asiago

I see a theme going on throughout CF...

posted by  fudge

:laughing:

posted by  Slapshot

yea the 924/944 is a really fun car. Make sure you have the money for repairs though. Old Porsches can be expensive.

posted by  VG30DE

Lol, not a 914. (Usually...)

posted by  StiMan

Your Message