best european supercar

Home  \  European Imports  \  best european supercar

What do you guys think is the best european supercar? I think it is the Ferrari Enzo

posted by  mx3_monster

Lamborghini Diablo or Countach, Poesche Carrera GT, Mercedes-Benz SLR McClaren, or Ferrari F40

posted by  jedimario

Being a bmw fanatic I should say the McLaren F1, but unfortunatley, I have to say I would take a carrera GT over the MF1.

posted by  Zalight

Enzo.

posted by  StiMan

Given that there are less than 100 McLaren F1's in existance... I'm going to have to say I'd take one of those over anything else that fell in my lap. It's still the bar by which all other supercars are judged.

posted by  Bino

I guess that is true. I think I would prefer the Enzo mainly because I just like the looks of it. The F1 does look good I have to say though... close one...

posted by  StiMan

Porsche 911T has fastest time around Nurburgring :thumbs:

posted by  Oomba

Ferrari F-50. One day you'll be mine :hi:

posted by  fudge

I thought the Porsche Carrera GT had the fastest time.

posted by  StiMan

WTF? You gotta be kidding :screwy: .

I really like the Carrera GT because it has 3 pedals :thumbs: .

posted by  VG30DE

actually no the carrera gt does have the fastest time around the nurburgring followed by i believe the 2006-or 07 corvette z06

posted by  mx3_monster

That new 427 small block combined with wicked handling. That is bomb. :drool:

posted by  VG30DE

hell yeah but iam not a big fan of the corvettes i mean i like them but i would rather have a 360modena haha in my dreams

posted by  mx3_monster

give me either a bright red Lambo Gallardo with the 6-speed or a similarly colored F430 Modena. :drool:

I don't need the fastest, i want something that looks damn good and is pretty fast.

posted by  SuperJew

Ya, definately. I dont really like Corvettes, but I do respect them as one of America's premier sports cars.

posted by  StiMan

I'm tied between the Aston Martin DB9 and the Bentley Continential GT. The Bentley blends power, speed, luxury, and style into a relatively cheap package. The DB9 is pure elegance combined with all-around performance, and stands poised on any road.

posted by  moostang104314

i'd have to say the next best euro supercar has to be the konniseggccr and it is one of the fastes production cars :smoke:

posted by  mx3_monster

Mclaren F1. Faster than the Enzo, with power windows, radio, CD player, A/C, heated seats, one 3 seater, and more storage space than any other Supercar. and a 24K gold lined engine bay. Hail to the king baby.

posted by  Boostjunky

can you imagine the insurance on a car like that!?!?!

posted by  hhsrastler92

Oops, I change my mind. I forgot about the Jaguar XJ220. One of, if not the, fastest production cars in its day, the Jaguar had a twin-turbo 6 cylinder engine paired with a 5 speed manual. Comfort, however, is not sacrificed. The interior is beautiful and European just like any Jaguar's interior should be. Plus, who can deny that sexy body... :hi:
http://www.acclaimposters.com/_gallery/large/10099764.jpg
Who ever said the Italians were the only ones who could make respectable supercars?

That car is wicked hot :drool: .

posted by  VG30DE

That is quite an amazing car. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

I have taken rides everything from a Maybach to the F50 but the two that top my are the GT and the SLR....I have never been in a Enzo though....

posted by  Fastback

Maybach's arent supercars. There friekin limos.

posted by  StiMan

i think they are going to make the maybach exlero or something like that i heard and it is fast as hell v12 i think it is supercharged :smoke:

posted by  mx3_monster

I saw a carrera gt in canada of all places... i nearly broke out in tears. :clap:

posted by  markymark3

lucky i heard that those are rare then enzo's

posted by  mx3_monster

yeah, that sounds about right.

I saw a Bentley Continental GT in my town yesterday, like on a road near my house. damn those are sexy. :drool:

ans StiMan...Maybachs are limos. with twin-turbo V-12s that are at home in supercars :laughing: (SL/S/CL 65 AMG)

posted by  SuperJew

That is true that is a cool car, but it is a concept car, I dont think they will make it. (Would be sweet if they did though...)

SJ: IMO I think they are a little too pudgy to be a supercar, but that could be just me. It would be awesome to have one though. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Ok, well as far as speed goes, U got the new Koenigsegg CCR, props to whoever mentioned it :thumbs: , comming in first as the world newest fastest production car beating out the McLaren F1 by averaging out a speed of 241.01. The McLaren F1 had held the record since 1993 by topping out at 240.03. The Enzo is in 3rd place, and Koenigsegg ccv8s is in fourth. Ur looking at two Koenigseggs up there, but i hav always liked the enzo. I can't believe it, but i've seen Enzo's up on Ebay, what dumbasses :banghead:

posted by  1/4Drag_05

did I say it was a sports car? :doh:

yeah, I classify it as a GT, or Grand Tourer. not so much a sports car.

posted by  SuperJew

This thread is called "best european supercar," its too pudgy to be a supercar IMO.

posted by  StiMan

I would have to say a Black enzo.

posted by  Spanky2324

I thought that Enzos only came in red and yellow. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

No I think they come in balck...

posted by  jedimario

yeah black red yellow and i have seen a white one before in a picture

posted by  mx3_monster

It was a joke. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

SLR McLaren all the WAY. That thing is just gorgeous.

posted by  Legion5

i would go with the Pagani Zonda F

posted by  Phantom Menace

so how much did you unload on that rolls man?

posted by  Zalight

the best european supercar?..

I'm italian ans so I think that the best supercar is ferrari enzo :hi:

fantastic car with striking performance :hi: :smoke:

posted by  bemder

pagani zonda is a very beautiful car but I think that in track can't be comparable with cars like enzo or mclaren IMHO

and what do you think about cars like ariel atom, scorpion, ecc..?

posted by  bemder

the zonda is definatley comparible with enzo and mclaren!

I think the slr is a hairdressers car on steroids and the enzo is a great performer, but not as special in the looks as I would have liked to have seen from ferrari. still waiting for a ferrari that makes me feel like when i see an old gto.

Personally I love the zonda convertable!!! :drool: even in yellow :drool: but as a contempory car. good old sexy lines and curves though has to be the db7 vanquish. ooow mama!

posted by  relicensed

I agree in this... :thumbs:

posted by  bemder

I don't get it....

posted by  jedimario

we can't forget the carrera GT... :smoke:

posted by  bemder

Read back it's in there...

posted by  jedimario

umm? can we count the cobra as the body was european (ace)? if so then I have to go with that too. Even though it is the reason we have bloody speed limits on the motorway in england :cussing:

posted by  relicensed

Hang on....but you're in NZ?...Right? lol... :ohcrap:

Grrr at matey doing stupid speeds in his AC on the.....M1?.....In the 70's :laughing: :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

I think it was the 60s? but anyway, I have only been in NZ for a couple of years cliffy. I'm a cockney really but the misses wanted to come home to NZ when I got her up the duff. :doh:

I tell ya, people in this country don't deserve motorways! :cussing: they only travel at 60mph and never get out of the way if your behind them in the so called fast lane! INFACT!!! ON MY SONS LIFE, I saw a copper (lights flashing and sirens blaring) on the motorway as I was pulling onto the offramp, NO_ONE MOVED FOR HIM EVEN!!!!! :banghead: I swear, it took him ages to get past half the cars infront, and even then it was because he had to undertake some of em!! you've heard of small man syndrome? well this is a case of small country syndrome :2cents: (I'm getting more moany like my grandad everyday.

posted by  relicensed

i like pagani zonda c12's, with the chop top. just beutifuly made and is in the league of the enzo and mclaren.

posted by  collareddrifter

Geez, what's the world coming to....I have a real problem with drivers who fail to move over for emergency vehicles :banghead:

LOL....The more I read that post the more you 'sounded' cockney lol...Good goin' there Guv....dont ya just hate the ol trouble and strife :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Umm? yeah, maybe if I met your wife I'd hate her? (just f**king with ya cliffy me old mate) :laughing:

posted by  relicensed

I was talkin' about your wife carting you off to NZ lol....but yeah, you'd hate my wife lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Shit yeah! When I first came here (for a 6 month holiday) it was great and everyone I met (strangers) seemed so freindly and the place was blinding. But now I live here, I hate the place most of the time. Even the one so called positive factor over the UK is a non event. The summers here are really good, or at least they were!! The day I left London was that 100 degree day we had :doh: When I landed here it was pissing with rain and didn't stop for the past 18 months. It looks good so far I guess.

But anyway, If I start now I wont ever stop moaning about it. Lets just say I prefered getting shot at in Hackney to living in this place, but I'm sure my kids wont!

posted by  relicensed

Geez....it must be bad lol.....wanna swap destination with me? lol

posted by  Cliffy

it's funny how things can change from day to day. I still hate this country and if I could do everything I do here but back home I'd be happy as larry. Problem is I couldn't ave made $4500 in a week for doing so little work without it involving running fast from flashing lights. But here I did this week!

My credit is f**ked in england but here I have 2 cars on finance and one other paid for.
I'd never be able to afford a house in my old area of london.
I'm stuck living a reasonable life here just hating the people though. Why do ex english people make the most arrogent? think about it!

I'm waiting for one of the ozzy or kiwi members state the obvious to me and call me a whinging pom. hahaha

screw it! I'll just make loads of money and move down south where theres no cars or people. what do ya think?

posted by  relicensed

hahaha...brit talk..hahahaha

posted by  Zalight

Its so boring to say enzo or porsche carrera gt. i think def that it is 911 turbo or gumpert apollo.

posted by  Gumpert-Apollo

Here is another one for the Jaguar. So very very beautiful.

posted by  The Conqueror

Soz, just noticed that one...lol....I now wanna move to your neck of the woods....as My credit is scewed here in England :ohcrap:

BTW, The Veron's supposed to be out soon....Auto Express has driven it this week :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

:thumbs: Jaguar XJ220 is my dream car. Just can't afford one.

posted by  luke1978

It's my dream car too. My 15 year old fantasy...

I cant stand those cars....never could :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

(This prologue is relevant for answer to the question mentioned in topic)For as many years as I have studied the path of car industry, I have noticed many things. As you all know, any general subject gives us trouble discussing it. A question of best European supercar is almost impossible to answer, but I will try to use my objections and experience in cars I will present you my opinion of supercars, that doesn’t necessarily have to be right way of thinking. To start reviewing a European supercar, you must know that supercars have classes also. For example you can find Opel’s (for U.K. and few other markets known under the name Vauxhall) Speedster, which is small car with two seats and hard top. It goes really fast, has extravagant look, but can not even be mentioned in the same article with Porsche boxter. You can put them together because of their similar displacement, but those two cars are diametrically opposite one from another. Porsche is car that gives more power and luxury, while Opel gives economy, takes more care about ecology and lasts lot longer. Considering to all this, there is rough battle in the field of supercars. European makes are all giving much attention to the safety of all passengers, so in Europe we have different point of attention as in America. We value car more, if it is safer to drive. So by the European terms, you consider many factors that can vary individually from one person to another, but for many people here, they go in this order:
1) Price/quality ratio
2) Safety
3) Performance
4) Comfort
5) Reliability of engine
6) Economy
7) Ecology
8) Make

This order is for supercars, but does not apply for any other types of cars. Also any other rule for other type of car does not apply for supercar type of car.
Knowing all this I would say that European supercar #1 from my point of view is (with reserve) BMW “760 Li”. Personally, I would drive Audi “A8 quattro 4.2” or in sunny days Opel “Speedster turbo” or when in need of elegance Mercedes Benz “S class”. I am very critic toward any England make, because they for the first times in fabric history pay attention to the safety or economic driving. For example, first diesel engine in Jaguar was put when “X – type” was made, and that’s about 4 years ago, while German cars have that kind of engine for decades (diesel engine is ecologically better for environment). Italian cars aren’t as reliable as German cars are, so they also loose battle. I have heard engine of some older Ferrari and it was no pleasant as in first days. On the other hand, German cars put numerous records in many fields of reliability and passed the test of time. Italian car industry is in financial crisis for years, and they can’t spend enormous amount of funds on research & development, imply the bad results in active and passive safety. You can’t afford to drive a car without all the elements reconsidered.

I have explained why I think so, my supercars of Europe are mentioned above, hope you think the same. Anyone who ever drove one of abovementioned cars is definitely going to support my words.

posted by  ngluvakov(euro)

Did you switch your wheels again, luke? Also, what suspension setup are you running? I am trying to purchase somne H&R coilovers for my e36 right now.

posted by  Zalight

If you're talking truly exotic, then a Pagini Zonda (http://www.geocities.com/ape5_dan/zonda_c12.html) l is the only way to go, but in the real world, I'd take a Porsche 997 C4s or a Merc SL 55 AMG... :thumbs:

posted by  BearFace

I belong to a M3 club here in Florida. That is my friends car. I am taking some new pictures of my car. I have the H&R coilovers.

posted by  luke1978

:banghead: It's got three pedals cause it is a manual car. The left is the clutch, second is the brake, and the right one is gas.

posted by  xlratedmonkey

That's a sweet ride man. I have always loved BMW's.Since you are a fan of them too, why not choose the M5? I can not tell the difference. Maybe you can tell me more...thanks

posted by  xlratedmonkey

i would think the Ferrari Enzo or Bugatti Veyron which tops 400km/h!

posted by  jasjitdhillon09

You have to remember speed is only one part, what about handling, and braking, accelaration, etc...

Hows abots the new Ferrari FX, or the TVR Tuscan?

posted by  chris_knows

The FXX is pretty much just a racing Enzo

posted by  windsonian

Exactly, so it should be better than the Enzo, which is a damn good car already :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Better how ....? Faster around a track, yes ... not legal on the road though ... that's a big negative in terms of where and when you can enjoy it.

posted by  windsonian

Yeah, but if you can afford it, then you would have no problem bribing the cops :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message