BMW won't start

Home  \  European Imports  \  BMW won't start

Hi my name is Leron,I'm a college student, and a first time poster.
I have a 1990 325i 4 door automatic BMW. My car sits about 4 inches from the ground, so when I hit the speed bump at the bank I cracked my oil pan. The oil spilled on to the concrete. So I drove the car a quater of a mile to Auto Zone. When I got there the engine was smoking. Of coure Auto Zone is not going to have an oil pan for a BMW. The car got towed to my house and in the middle of taking off oil pan, I accidently hit the stater and almost got shocked. After replacing the pan I tried to start my car but all Im getting is a ka ka ka ka ka sound. The battery is charged, I can tell because my head lights and radio are coming on. I'm thinking its my starter. If you'll have any more suggestions please let me know, because I'm a college student and I need to get my only car back on the road.

posted by  Leron

you probably shouldn't have driven it at all...

posted by  jedimario

Post this in the R&M section. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Thus the reason id never lower my car and im really scared of a body kit lol. Good ol lip kit for me :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

I know exactly what you are talking about...I went through three pans on this car...the blue e30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/BavarianWheels/BMW_Family_15k.jpg

It was not a good idea to drive the car one inch! You'll have to go and get it looked at...I can't guess what went wrong...no oil is serious business in any car.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Thats a pretty little 7 bav:thumbs:

As for the starting...umm bad times...You shouldn't have driven your car at all.

posted by  Zalight

It's nice...but I wish it was the iL :doh:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Did you happen to disconnect the battery earth lead from the engine block and not re-fit it

posted by  Walke40

Your Message