Less costly European cars

Home  \  European Imports  \  Less costly European cars

Almost all the kids now days are driving Japanese cars like Honda Civics, Toyota Supras, and Honda CRXs to school, as well all older American cars like Dodge Darts and Camaros and Mustangs.

But I want something different for my highschool car. Something European, but not incredibly costly. I think $10,000 would be the limit. Ive already looked into the Porsches, and the 924S and 928S seem like good choices, as well as the 1980s Maserati BiTurbos and Quattroportes. Any other suggestions?

P.S. - Obviously I wouldnt start out with a $10,000 car right away. Im just looking for suggestions as to a first car, then a more expensive car to upgrade to like in my Junior year.

posted by  SlipKnoT

HAH, good luck with the Maserati, get an old M3

posted by  99integra

I dont know about you, but this one seems reasonable.

1984 Maserati BiTurbo (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-MASERATI-BITURBO-32K-FAST-TWIN-TURBO-N O-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4574147783QQcategoryZ6313QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

posted by  SlipKnoT

It scares me that it has 30 thousand miles and only 2500 bucks, i would get it, just remember, repair bills :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Hey now, Italian cars are hella reliable. :evil:

Although replacement parts for them incase something were to happen cost an arm and a leg. Case in point, my dads Alfa 164L :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Umm... my dad does ebay all the time to get prints and stuff, and if that thing has 2 days left and has already had 18 bids, I expect it to be over 15k atleast. If theres been that much action and that many people bidding on it, theres no way its going to stay in your budget. Sorry bud, but thats just how ebay works. :ohcrap:

Id say get an old 3, or just look at the other thread about this in this board.

posted by  StiMan

Why is this even a question?
The only proper answer:
e30 m3

posted by  Zalight

The Maserati is a bad idea. While in one post you have an 84 BiTurbo for $2500, think of where in the hell you would take it to be fixed (and Maserati's arent known for being overly reliable). not too many mechanics would offer to work on it for one, and for two if you ever need a part for it (which obviously you will) you'll have to wait a long time for it to ship over from europe (not to mention the cost). This can easily turn a quick 2-hour $60 tuneup into a 2-week $300-$400 matter.

Porsche 944 would be fun, but an older M3 seems like the best choice.

posted by  thunderbird1100

What kind of school do you go to that the kids drive Supras?( unless u mean the older ones)

posted by  V-TECH

That's pushing the 10 grand limit a little there....

posted by  jedimario

Your Message