jetta???

Home  \  European Imports  \  jetta???

is there another name for the jetta gli cuz ive seen them and i wanna buy one but i cant find any on autotrader or anything is the jetta gl or tdi or soemthing sry u probally think im a loser but it would help thx

posted by  lilmexpimp26

dunno is there a nother for jetta

posted by  t8ter

I do not know about gli jetta, but I know that tdi is diesel, if you live in America, than tdi can't be found on your market, and if you are from Europe, than you can no longer find Jetta, most similar model is Bora, but it is no jetta. Go to official volks wagen site, and there you will surely find any informations you seek. Select international, so you can see all the models from volks wagen, and where it can be found on world map. Bye.

posted by  ngluvakov(euro)

We do have Jetta TDIs in the states.

posted by  theman352001

not true. i work at a salvage yard in new york and we have had at least 3 of them come through here in the past year :mrgreen:

posted by  glagon1979

the Borla... or Bora.... its either one. thought that could be the other name for the passat....

posted by  Inygknok

i have a 98 jetta glx and i think it's the cutest jetta made, you should get one of those

posted by  whiskeygirl666

GLI's are sweet looking cars:
http://penz.com/journal/jtavw3.jpg

posted by  Mathew

I like the previous generation Jettas. The new ones in my opinion are rather odd looking.

posted by  hondaman

Bora....(although the new model will revive the Jetta name) here in the UK the old Mk3 Golf Saloons used to be called Vento's :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

not too much into the mk4 jetta...i like my also cute looking 97 jetta. i thought i've heard of a gli but wasn't sure just know of a gl, gls, tdi, glx. but another name for a jetta...the mk4 i know is like bora or something like that and mk3 is vento....all i've gotten out of a different name for the jetta. :doh: have a good one, and go with mk3 :thumbs:

posted by  vwjn311

Here's pic of one Bora(Jetta). http://lotus340r.cool.ne.jp/Trip_Japan/niigata/DSCN6874.jpg

Similarity is undeniable...http://cgworld.ru/blueprints/images/bora.jpg It's just another name for Jetta.

i have a 97 vr6 glx jetta... i THINK that there is a glx model for the new jetta...

posted by  behind_thewheel

what year model are you looking at?

and... i think that the gli is the same thing as the 1.8t/2.0t... basicly whatever version has the turbo.

posted by  pik_d

Another name for a jetta would be PILE OF SHIT as far as reliability. So I was told anyhow.

posted by  6000LE

For some reason I wouldn't rag on a Jetta's reliability if you have a 420a automatic Neon...

posted by  thunderbird1100

I didnt say that my Neon was a jewel either, but so far I have had no problems with it. When I was shopping for a car, first thing my mechanic said was "Dont even bother with any jetta, especially if its diesel", and he knows his stuff. One time my mom had a problem so she put the phone to the engine of her 97 Civic and he told her exactly what was wrong. $20 later and the problem was gone.

posted by  6000LE

And just as I was starting to respect you.....a bit. How many Jetta's have you driven?...NONE, judging by the way you worded your post :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

I agree with you. Jettas are junk. Hell, my wife's going to work '85 Jetta 1.8 only has 435k miles on it and I'm looking at having to pull the head and do a valve job already. And my son's going to school '97 Jetta diesel is almost due too... at only 550k miles. Junk I tell ya, pure junk.

BTW, how often do you have to put a head gasket on your car?

posted by  vwhobo

yea, but does that necessiarly mean the new ones are just as well built as the old ones? i know of one recall where the window would fall down into the door and you couldnt roll it back up... ofcourse, that's the ONLY recall i know of. so i'd probably have to agree that jettas and golfs are well built cars :mrgreen:

and 6000le, it costs $20 to fix the civic caus there's so frikkin many of them... it's not a rare thing... which through the laws of economics dictates that it should be cheaper to fix.

woa. vwhobo, how the heck do you put a 1/2million miles on a car in 8 years? :eek:

posted by  pik_d

2. I bought it with 499k miles because it needed front brakes. Cost me $225.

1. My wife's R32 is a decent piece though, still I agree, probably not as good as the older ones.

posted by  vwhobo

so someone else put all those miles on it... that's still crazy.

hm, so what car do you have?

and i'm not sure i understand your reason for numbering. but whatever.

posted by  pik_d

I have lot's of junk to drive. Petty much anything I want. Mostly I want junk. There's a system to the numbering if you take the time to read it.

posted by  vwhobo

I like the sarcasm...cant say as I've noticed it as much before though lol....still, it's good....I often start reading one of your posts thinking you're being serious and by the time I've finished...I can tell you're not...great stuff lol.

To be honest, It's not often I see an older Golf/Jetta on less than 150,000miles, and as I'm sure you're aware having lived in the UK(I seem to recall), that's quite an achievement over here, for any car. :thumbs:

I'm a bit confused as to how cars last so long in the US though....is it the weather conditions, the loooong roads or the constant maintenance?

posted by  Cliffy

Pshhh come on now Cliffy thats only because the Lack of maintenance. :mrgreen:

posted by  Pythias

Not ALL cars over here have a long life span, although most attain a higher mileage sooner than in the UK before giving up simply because in general we have farther to drive. Of course that statement is directly dependent upon which part of the country the car comes from. Generally your cars rot to the ground long before the mechanicals give out.

Additionally, most states here have no inspection program so it's easier to keep an old dog on the road. The state I live in is bordered by two states that require annual inspections on later model cars, we don't. Alot of the cars that won't pass are simply brought across the order and the value magically doubles or even triples.

posted by  vwhobo

What are the rules on older/classic cars? I thought cars 25 years and older (in most states) do not need to go through emissions inspection.

posted by  Pythias

There are 50 states and 50 sets of rules regarding older cars. That's why I used the phrase "later model". If you're really interested to can start by looking here (http://www.dmv-department-of-motor-vehicles.com/).

posted by  vwhobo

posted by  Pythias

Your Message