Favourite 2005 Car?

Home  \  European Imports  \  Favourite 2005 Car?

What is your favourite car that was produced starting from this year (2005)?
-EUROPEAN CARS-

------------------------------
http://carnews.nu/wallpapers/06s.jpg
'MOVE OR BE MOVED'

posted by  jasjitdhillon09

Bugatti Veyron

posted by  Slapshot

Mine has to be the BMW M6!
http://www.hwt.hu/forum/uploads/post-99-1122292649.jpg

posted by  elchango36

the New Porsche 997 Carrera.

posted by  thunderbird1100

M6 or M5 sooo hard to choose.... :banghead:

posted by  jedimario

Hmmm....I have alot :laughing: But I would have to say that its the Lamborghini Gallardo right now.

posted by  SlipKnoT

The new audis are pretty nice.

posted by  Spencer

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK

2006 Volvo C70

posted by  moostang104314

Aston Martin DB9, mmm yeah, driving one for 30 seconds makes my day... :thumbs:

posted by  Mathew

The new M6 would probably have to get my vote :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

hmmmmm...... that's a tough one but i would have to say that it's the ferrari enzo :smoke:

posted by  mx3_monster

No love for the new 997 guys? Come on!

http://www11.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-carrera-s/gallery/

BTW - for 2006 the Cayman gets my vote :2cents:

http://www11.porsche.com/usa/models/cayman/cayman-s/gallery/

300hp affordable and sexy Porsche. I likely.

meh i dont like the new 997 all that much but the cayman on the other hand now that is one sexxxy car :smoke: :rock:

posted by  mx3_monster

The 997 is wayyyy nicer than the last generation, mmmm round headlights all the way.

posted by  Mathew

yes you are right it is nicer than the previous generation 997 but i still don't like the way they look i would much rather have the new cayman they look sharp as hell

posted by  mx3_monster

I'm kinda torn between liking the new 997 and disliking it. Everytime I see one on the road, it gets my heart pumping. But the pictures make it look a little chubby and kinda ugly. I love the classic design of the original 911 though, Porsche should focus their styling more towards those models.

I'm gonna be boring and say the VW Passat :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Any good reasons for that? :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

It's looks, engine technology and reliability....blue dashlights lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I really like the new Passat also. It's a good looking car with those crazy "not so standard features." The people at Volkswagen are genius.

Whoever said VW Passat, I agree. I have only word of praise for any VW. It is also environment friendly. After I finish with weekend, I will try to support passat more, but this would be it for now…
Here is the picture of older Passat, but nice as 2005 model..
http://golem.corinex.com/gregi/wallpapers/pics/vw_passat-1024.jpg

posted by  ngluvakov(euro)

I'm beginning to think I might be the only one on these forums who think the Passat is a POS. Am I the only one who has had heard of extremely bad luck with VW's?

I don't really like Passats either, although I kinda like the styling of the new one. It handles the new VW look way better than the new Jetta. The new Jetta looks like a Corolla.

posted by  Mathew

I agree. The Jetta's styling is bland and too much like the Corolla's. The Passat is the finest of the new VW designs.

I think in general, VW's are great cars, in terms of build quality, reliability, and styling :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

LOL... I haven't noticed that untill you said it. You're absolutly right :orglaugh: .

posted by  elchango36

I dont know, maybe it was just me who has driven several VWs and was not impressed with the build quality or from hearing stories from many others how awful they are to maintain. Matter fact if you go on a TSX forum you'll find a lot of converted VW buyers (Which I find funny), they all traded in their 1.8T Jettas or GTi's for TSXs because they were costing too much to maintain or were falling apart. IMO VW doesnt have the euro build quality as most other true euro brands like Porsche and BMW in general.

Maybe you are right, but I don't think that you can get any better from mass production. Maybe right car for your taste would be new AM V8 vantage. There you can find finalisation that meets your demand.

VW Jetta, Passat and Nardo are some of the best cars VW ever made. I love VW, i have a Passat '06. It's roomy, looks nice and handles like a beauty. It's better then the Maserati Quattroporte which i test drove a few weeks back. That cars handling isn't as goo but it has better style and engine!

posted by  jasjitdhillon09

And costs 3-4 times as much.

Is VW not a true euro brand?

What does the new Vantage have to do with anything? We're talking about passats and jettas here, and you go and recommend a $140,000 sports car?

posted by  Mathew

Exactly, if you are discussing about cars of that type, you cannot expect too much. I have written that so it produces exactly the same reaction as you had.

VW has the european styling, FOR THE MOST PART. But... They are deifnatley on the ass-end of realiability and quality from other Euro brand such as BMW and Porsche.

Heck even the TSX employs more "euro esque" than any VW IMO. VEry sharp handling, very engaging engine, very euro styling and reliability with the best of euro manufacturers.

As for that, you are quite wrong. About 20 companies are better for build quality and long term reliability (backed up by statistics) than VW is. And they include such companies who sell TWICE as many vehicles as VW does in America.

Yes but just because they don't rank up with the big boys on reliability and performance, doesn't mean they aren't a true European brand. European cars don't HAVE to be good cars. Thats just a stereotype.

posted by  Mathew

VW just isnt as euro to ME as they USED to be. The styling isn't as Euro as it was (Among other things)...it seems like Japanese brands are employing more euro styling than even VW is now. HEck take a look at the new Jetta, it looks like a bigger Corolla!

Please, provide us with those statistics… When it comes to sale, almost every fourth car is VW. We drive many passats, polos, glofs, boras(European jettas) and tuaregs. VW isn’t made by American taste, but it satisfies European mid class taste.

If you have time, please look at the line of Audis (A4), VW (passat), and Skoda(Superb or even Octavia). Please, tell me your observations… Notice the similar shape and the lines.

I like the design of the Audi line. VERY european IMO. The new VW line doesnt look like the Audi line...

You can even look up the statistics yourself, just find any JD Power LONG TERM RELIABILITY survey (3 years+ of ownership) or even INITIAL TERM RELIABILITY survey (first 3 months of ownerships) and you'll notice VW isnt high up on practically any of them. Jokingly here in America a bunch of people I know like to talk about how their VW is usually good to them in the first year, but their MKIII GTi or Jetta falls apart completey after 3 years... Then they went and bought an Acura :laughing: I'll post a few...

2003 Initial Reliability Survey -
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=4367

VW is 24th out of 36 brands. With such brands as Dodge and Chrysler beating it out (ouch). Putting 23 name brands AHEAD of it.

2005 Long Term Reliability
http://www.jdpower.com/presspass/pr/images/2005089a.gif

Notice VW is fourth from LAST, putting it 32nd out of 36 brands.

2004 Long Term Reliability
http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pr/images/2004055bfull.gif

VW 5th from last, 31st out of 36.

2003 Long Term Reliability
http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pr/images/2003050bfull.gif

VW fifth from last again, 31st out of 36 yet again.

Also like to note VW hasn't had a car be one on the top 10 list of manufacturers for long term reliability EVER (that I know of or seen). And they have yet to have a vehicle that is the best in its segment (reliability wise) on JD Power. I was wrong on saying there are about 20 brand better than them, it seems I was wrong and should of said there are about 30 brands better in reliability over time than VW.

Bravo, I like when someone is determined to show he's right. You're right. Still it doesn't prove anything about Europe. We here drive diesels, statistics could be different here...

I agree, diesels are stronger engines that generally last longer than petrol engines do. It probably would be different there. But I was talking strictly America here :mrgreen:

Well, if you ask me about my type of car, than it is hatchback. I just adore Ford Focus, can't take my eyes of Audi A3 and will never stop to love OPEL ASTRA!!! My definite favourite for 2005 is ASTRA!!!!

Wow thats sad :screwy:

posted by  99integra

Wow I'm suprised to see that Porsche is ranked so high on problems per vehicle list, do the owners just fix everything and the problems don't get reported, or are they really that reliable?

posted by  jedimario

From people I know Porsche tends to definatley be one of the better European brands period. I know people with Jags, MB's and BMWs and they all have way more problems with their cars than the Porsche guys have with their car.

Don't know why this comes as a suprise, Porsche has been one of the European leaders in reliability for years.

What suprises me the most? I don't know when exactly Ford acquired Jaguar (or owned a bunch of its stock enough to control the comapny) but look at the drop off of reliability JAguar had...it's 2000 model year cars (shown in the 2003 list) did fine but everything after that was well belw the industry average. Didn't Ford Acquire JAguar right around then? If so, then I guess I was always right in saying Ford is ruining Jaguars quality.

You have not driven any Opel yet. Do not be negative about it when you do not know the first thing about Opel. Opel is one of the oldest car makes and their experience in car industry goes far beyond many other European makes. It gives you exceptional driving experience even if you drive Mercedes – Benz a few seconds ago. You feel the road underneath you like no other car even though it is not sport make. An OPC version of Opel gives you the feelings that you can get only from the opposite sex in most private moments. Opel always takes care about nature, it is one of the most ecological and its mpg is incomparable too. When we talk about Opel that way, it can get personal (I am just kidding). Have you ever seen Calibra? You can take as many Japanese cars as you want, but they are just junk comparing to Calibra. That sporty design is supreme. I cannot wait until I have enough money to buy another Opel. I live for Opel. Greatest team of the greatest in Europe is Milan from Milan in Italy. Opel is their sponsor. They know how to make things going. You can hardly find a car good enough to drive it any way that you want. You can one moment drive it as a family car, and in another to try to look like Sebastian Loeb on Spain’s tarmac. It has nothing to do with overestimating - it is just great. To be more precise, great is understatement. Many sport achievements are made under the mark of Opel. Many cars’s design and motors from past are in production even now, under different name in many countries. One of them is legendary predecessor of Astra, great Kadett. Its remakes do not even use new engines, just replica of old one. I had experiences that prove my words. I won’t talk here about anecdotes here, but believe me they are numerous. During the World War II, most of the trucks of German army were Adam Opel’s, while Alfa Romeo was just a side truck factory for the motorcycles. That experience cannot be denied. Even more, that history cannot be denied. Look at the new Insignia, for instance. That is what I call engineering. They have outreached themselves…

http://www.germancarfans.com/SpyPhotos/6040505.001/6040505.001.Mini1L.jpg

Your Message