1976 mercedes v8 conversion

Home  \  European Imports  \  1976 mercedes v8 conversion

what is the best v6 auto conversion out there? have a rebuilt engine on the bench but am scard of the fuil injection.

posted by  jireman

Is your car a SL450? Mercedes made some pretty decent V8s back then and swapping a V6, especially an old carbureted one would be a lot of trouble. Maybe you could use a 1996+ Merc V6 if you have the cash for it.

posted by  83$+hax0revA

I have got a wild idea to rebuild the 450 and do away with the fuil injection. what I plan to do i make a manifold for it. and put a small 2 barel carb on it. you are the first to respond to my inquire. I started to dismantal the rebuilt engine so to get an idea of what the inide looks like. was supprised at it somplisity of the double over cam after the massive fuil injection was off. I am having a hard time locating the allen wrenches needed to remove the heads. man are the torked maybe locktite. could use some help o the valve timing and ignition timing. the wires to the distrubor have been cut. and not sure of the routing to the coil and counter balance. :screwy:

posted by  jireman

I have got a wild idea to rebuild the 450 and do away with the fuil injection. what I plan to do i make a manifold for it. and put a small 2 barel carb on it. you are the first to respond to my inquire. I started to dismantal the rebuilt engine so to get an idea of what the inide looks like. was supprised at it somplisity of the double over cam after the massive fuil injection was off. I am having a hard time locating the allen wrenches needed to remove the heads. man are the torked maybe locktite. could use some help o the valve timing and ignition timing. the wires to the distrubor have been cut. and not sure of the routing to the coil and counter balance. :screwy:

posted by  jireman

Your Message