VW Ecoracer

Home  \  European Imports  \  VW Ecoracer

Today at faculty, everybody was talking about new VW ecoracer. I am not telling about it, I want you to tell me what you can find about it and how do you feel about it. Notice how many liters it spends on 100 km...

posted by  ngluvakov(euro)

It looks pretty sexy and gets 69mpg (3.5L to 100km I believe)...Just not too sure about the roll bar...

VW Ecoracer Picture (http://www.fast-autos.net/volkswagen/ecoracer.html)

posted by  chris_knows

Either this is a trick question or this person is severely deranged.

What exactly is the point of your post?

posted by  vwhobo

Why would it be a trick question? He should have given the information, but I hacked the Google mainframe, and found out the information above :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

You "hacked the Google mainframe"? Is that a 15 year old's way of saying you did a simple search? Must be, because a simple search gets me the same info. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Notice the ":laughing:" guy...that meant I was kidding...:doh:

posted by  chris_knows

that is a nice car :smoke:

posted by  mx3_monster

Do not start. I have written what I meant.What part of my post is unclear to your feeble thinking?

Can you answer my question, or will you just keep babbling?

posted by  vwhobo

Tell me what you expect!

If you're as smart as you pretend to be, go to the top, re-read the thread and figure it out. You don't need to be spoon fed, do you?

posted by  vwhobo

O.K. I give up, feed me.

As I suspected, no surprise there. Third post, second sentence;

Can I simplify it further for you?

posted by  vwhobo

Point is that I have no intention to tell about it what I think, but expect your reaction to what you "hack from databases of Google" :laughing:

Reaction? I don't really care, and based on the general dearth of responses I'd say I'm not the only one.

posted by  vwhobo

Then, there is no need for you to waste any more time to post any reply to this thread.

Okay, then you're the thought and action police now. I thought that went away with the Berlin wall.

posted by  vwhobo

Then, there is no need for you to waste any more time to post any reply to this thread.

I didn't hurt your feelings now, did I? I reserve the right to post my reaction at any time.

posted by  vwhobo

You have not, but I do not like that instead putting some more interesting thread, you keep taking too lightly mine and put your point of view as others’ too.

I'm taking your thread too lightly? This isn't about a death in your family or suicide or a world war. It's one of 18,00 threads in a car forum about a car that nobody seems to care much about... Except you of course. I don't need to get more serious, you need to lighten up. A bunch.

posted by  vwhobo

The point of this thread, hobo, was that he had been hearing a bunch about the VW Ecoracer, and wanted our thoughts on it, what we had heard or what we knew, before giving his. Pretty common on car forums worldwide.

Certainly not enough reason to chew his ass out about it. Thre are a lot of posts on her that have deserved it, but this one was pretty straightforward.

And I hadn't heard anything about the car yet, and have been in Philly all day for a contract kickoff meeting. Otherwise I might have responded sooner.

posted by  ChrisV

It was unveiled in China last month, typical VW exercise. Light, small, diesel, this one is kinda flashy looking. Great practice for design and engineering, possibly a good car for European conditions, we'll never see it here.

Speaking of VW, did you see how much a Passat costs these days? Holy snot!

posted by  vwhobo

just a bit under $30k for the higher model 05's. is that lower then you'd expect?

posted by  pik_d

Obviously you don't read magazines or look in dealers. Take a look at Car & Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=10247&page _number=1) and see how far off you are. Under $30k my big old hairy butt. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

Yeah. Nice cars but I think VW did the wrong thing by trying to go upmarket with everything. At least, it's wrong as long as they keep Seat and Skoda out of the US to fill the void.

posted by  ChrisV

Ya. Thats what I thought. I mean the Passat is now really nice and really big. If I had a choice for a $40k Passat or a $40k A6 Id take the Audi. (Prolly just for name though, jp. I really like the styling too.) They also upscaled the Jetta too, I just kinda wonder what this will all do in the long run.

posted by  StiMan

mmmmm, but i said '05 models. not the '06 model. i thought "these days" ment these past few months... meaning the passat model that was already out.

posted by  pik_d

Your Message