My '94 Lancia Delta

Home  \  European Imports  \  My '94 Lancia Delta

Here are some pictures of my Delta. I bought it in Nov.2003 in substitution of my old Fiat Tipo.

Later i'll post something about my Delta and all that cars that I once owned (or drove). Now i'm going to bed -i'm very tired (it's 11.50 pm here).

See you!

posted by  karburator

Cool , interesting to see that , they stopped importin Lancia's over here at the end of 93 i think.
Have you got any side on shots?

posted by  bolf

sure...

posted by  karburator

Little dirty on the inside (j/k)
The interior of that car seems really crowed. I doubt that my 6'6" frame would fit very well in that car. I see how clse those front seats are and I bet I would be fighting with the passenger for shoulder room. Nice ride.

posted by  Voda48

HAHAHAAAAAA
:D

Obviously it's question of habits. That's the standard size here. It's more practical than bigger cars. In any case, if you think it's small, what do you think about this? :mrgreen:

posted by  karburator

http://www.webspawner.com/users/plotnek/images/ferry500.jpg

posted by  snoopewite

I'm sorry, snoope. I don't understand what you mean. :confused:

posted by  karburator

me neither snoope. :banghead:

posted by  SuperJew

<----also lost on that attempt at...???

posted by  BavarianWheels

Small cars - my picture was better than yours :PP

posted by  snoopewite

Aaaaah!! :) I see. 3 Fiat 500 (so called for their 500 cc engine)
hahaha :orglaugh:

posted by  karburator

hey does anybody know where I could find downloadable videos
of old rallys with cars like the audi quattro or lancia stratos or delta.
I've looked before but havent found any websites with old videos. :thumbs:

posted by  wishihada911

some pics

posted by  kacavida

Hey! She's really pretty!
Congrats!

posted by  karburator

what engine is under this hood this is neither a hf turbo nor an integrale right?!

posted by  alfagiggi

Sorry for the lag :mrgreen:
Right. It wasn't a hf turbo or an integrale but just a 1.8 DOHC 8 valves (yap, DOHC but only 8v) with 105 bhp in it. Not explosive at all.

I'm affraid this car does not exist anymore. I hope it has become a more styled car (perhaps a Ferrari or so... :P )
In the summer of 2007 failures became too frequent, so I decided to get rid of it. No way to sell it; it was an old high fuel consumption italian car, and mixing those concepts (specially old and italian) medi it almost impossible to re-sell.

Now I have a 2008 Seat Leon with DSG trans. Due to the distance I cover everyday to get to my job (about 80 miles go&return) I chose a boooooooring TDI diesel engine that -honestly- works very well.

See ya...

posted by  karburator

Nothing wrong with a TDI!

posted by  Cliffy

Right, but I get more fun driving my mother-in-law's 1.6 Alfa 147 :wink2:

What I really like of my car is that DSG transmission. Man, driving it through a mountain road is awesome despite that it's only the 105 bhp version.

posted by  karburator

I have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about...haha. Guess I'm just an arrogant yank eh?

posted by  Satty101

Arrogant..Or ignorant? :laughing:

You know what a TDI is, right? Even you guys get them in your VWs...:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Turbo Diesel something. Injection?

posted by  Satty101

Every diesel engine is an injection engine, so putting 'diesel' and 'injection' together is redundant.

The TDI abbreviation was originally used for turbo diesel engines with intercooler, but when it's reffered to VW engines, it means Turbo Diesel Direct Injection, which means the injector is placed next to the cylinder. If I'm not wrong, this provides better fuel efficiency due to a better fuel dispersion inside the cylinder.

Sure there's someone at CF that could give a better explanation.

Other brands use different abbreviations for this kind of engines:

Mercedes, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge > CRD (yap, yank cars in Europe are also sold with VW or DetroitDiesel diesel engines -except Caddys, which use Fiat's); Hyundai, Kia > CRDi (and also VGT); BMW > d; Peugeot, Citro├źn > HDI; Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia > JTD; Opel/Vauxhall > DTI and CDTI; Renault > dTi and dCi; VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat > TDI; SAAB > TiD; etc...

posted by  karburator

I thought all diesels were direct injected because diesel needs a higher pressure to combust?
I remember having a discussion about what it means on here but don't remember the final answer..

posted by  chris_knows

Google has all the answers... When not, ask wikipedia:
For indirect injection: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_injection
For direct injection: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_injection#Direct_injection

For what I know, direct injection in diesel engines was first introduced by Fiat with the Fiat Croma 1.9 TD i.d. (abbreviation for iniezione diretta), but the commercial success arrived with VW's TDI.

Now, several improvements have been made to direct injection systems to get higher injection pressure (which results in a better combustion), such as common-rail or pump-injectors used by TDI -although I heard something about VW leaving pump-injectors to use common-rail.

posted by  karburator

Your Message