Sweet E28 M5

Home  \  European Imports  \  Sweet E28 M5

Today, at work, a 1985 E28 M5 came in for service. It was an unbelievably awesome car. Not only was at in pristine condition, but it had been modified like mad. The engine was bored out to 3.9L and produces 400HP. It had huge calipers with drilled rotors. 2 inch dual exhaust. It had a lot of other things that I cannot remember, but still looked completely stock.

The plates were from California, and apparently only 2 of them exist in the world. It was originally shown at an Autoshow in Germany. :drool:

If its still there tomorrow, I'll take pics....

posted by  Mathew

Sounds sweet...the ultimate sleeper :drool:

Searched all over google, and couldn't find anything for it though :doh:

Hope to see some pics tomorrow :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

You better!

posted by  Pythias

You couldn't find a pic of an E28 M5?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/BavarianWheels/FartCannon_12k.jpg

posted by  BavarianWheels

If there are only 2 e28's in the world...then I keep finding the same M5's for sale here in Cali...or do you mean this highly modified e28?

posted by  BavarianWheels

I meant the modified one...though I don't know why, as it would look stock :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

No no, I don't mean there are only two E28 M5's. I'm not entirely clear on this one's history but, it was originally shown at an autoshow in Germany when it came out. There are only two like this. It might have to do with the colour, as it is light grey. Basically what I got was information being thrown around the shop, along with oohs and ahhs. Its owned by some rich guy from California. The engine work costed more than $35,000 USD.

Oh and my cell phone camera has decided not to work. So no pics, sorry... :ohcrap:

posted by  Mathew

Love all M5s!

posted by  livesforboost

You suck.

posted by  Pythias

Actually my cell phone sucks. Its a Motorolla V220. The camera is not working, along with the outer display. Plus it freezes randomely and sometimes the inside display contrast goes way down and i can barely see anything.

posted by  Mathew

Man I was looking forward to those pics. :cry:

posted by  Pythias

Your Message