Passat service rip off

Home  \  European Imports  \  Passat service rip off

I have a 2000 Passat with 60,000 miles and have already hit the wall on reliability and service. A month ago I had $1200 dollars in service. This week I took it in to my Charleston SC dealer to repair non working break lights and reverse lights. The dealer kept the car for three days before returning it unfixed because they did not have the switch they needed. They charged me $175 to take it apart and put it back together without fixing it, and told me the switch would be anther $600 when it is available. These cars are nice until the warranties expire. Then hang on for the failing parts and the service rip offs. I will write more on this here and elsewhere when I finally get it fixed.

posted by  Julie

Word of advice, sell it and buy something reliable, like an Accord :mrgreen:

posted by  thunderbird1100

well Julie id hate to say it but your not alone, Engineers of these cars build them with intent that the owner will be doing extreme routine maintenace, unlike here in northamerica where we drive it till it breaks, so far it seems like 5 years is the limit for alot of VW's in northamerica, personally not my favourite cars on the road because of peoples lack of maintenace, and when they come in to the shop they might as well be paper wights by that time, i would probably trade it in if i were you and either get a new one or go with a different brand of car. parts arent the cheapest for VW's either.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Sadly its what happens after the warrenties expire and you own an import car. All the european cars now days have expensive maintance and repair costs.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Your Message