Drove a 1974 BMW 2002tii today...

Home  \  European Imports  \  Drove a 1974 BMW 2002tii today...

So at work I had to drive a 1974 BMW 2002tii to Aircare (not sure what you guys have, but its an emmisions test). It was a really fun little car! It was really slow, and was only a 4 speed manual, but it was just so full of life. So noisy and little. I love old cars like that, cause you really have to drive them....newer cars basically drive you.

It was pale blue like this:
http://www.my2002tii.com/images/april2002/DSCF1081.JPG

It was the oldest car I've ever driven apart from a 1960 Rolls Royce (which was a tank).

posted by  Mathew

That does look pretty fun there...but probably tricky also...which really makes the drive more fun.

Congrats :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

I love the older cars too. I know what you mean about driving rather than being driven aswell :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Exactly...it was fun because I had to be totally aware of what I was doing at all times.

posted by  Mathew

That's why cars should be made like that, keep people aware of their surroundings, and not their choca-mocha latte :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

And their cell phone, make-up, kids in the backseat, shaving cream and razor, bowl of cereal, PSP, big screen TV with surround sound... :screwy:

posted by  Mathew

Should be is the key word. :doh:

posted by  Pythias

"Should be" is two words.

posted by  vwhobo

I meant Should. :doh:

posted by  Pythias

Yeah my friends brother had one and DAMN is it fun. I seriously considered buying an 82 325i because it was so fun and still faster than my moms corolla but when i went to put it in reverse... Well it just wasnt there. So i had to turn its non-power steering wheel and get around. Thank God for tight turning circles. I bought a SHO instead and wouldnt have been able to pull the same manuever.

posted by  skeetin870

Your Message