05 lotus elise

Home  \  European Imports  \  05 lotus elise

I managed being able to drive one of these (Even though Ive only been driving for 6 weeks :laughing: ), (My dad has good relations with a car dealer), so anyway, WOW. All I can say. WOW. Probably the shortest throw Im ever gonna feel, shortest Ill ever push a pedal for acceleration, and wow again... Very sweet interior. I wont say wow again, but... Shame they cost $50,000 on a 16 year old. :cussing: :banghead: :ohcrap:

posted by  ilove///amg

Beautiful car...118hp, yet it's so light it handles like a 400hp Corvette :hi: :drool::drool:

posted by  chris_knows

lotus>vette

Just because instead of gangsta under the hood, it seemed more like "some wackjob trying to be some senseless freak under the hood."

Overall I LOVE vette's, just not half the people who drive them.

posted by  ilove///amg

I've never been a fan of the Elise, although sinse here in the UK, they used to use a 1.8litre K-Series engine (head gasket about every 10,000miles lol) and swapped to the US style Toyota engine, it's all good :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Lol, this is funny. My mom never knew I was driving a 4 foot sports car that weighed only 2000 pounds until after I was back. Lol. Trouble trouble. :mrgreen:

posted by  ilove///amg

You know for future refernce, never to tell your Mum lol

posted by  Cliffy

Well with all the gathering of car crap (Over 400 pics on my computer to be exact, lol), she's seen what one looks like, cause I never told her the dirty stuff until she saw a paper lying on my bed bout Lets not continue, lol.

posted by  ilove///amg

Are you sure that's the only picture she found on your bed :hi: :laughing: JK

posted by  chris_knows

no. :oops:

posted by  ilove///amg

Guy down the street has one. We all know when he goes off to work, loud as hell. He also has a convertible M3, a GXsomethingerother Lexus, and a Cayenne.

posted by  StiMan

Speaking of Cayenne's, I decided to go down to my local Porsche dealer, and ask if you could hire like an 18 or 19 yr old, lol. I also saw a Porsche Carrera GT, so I took pics. :clap: :drool: :clap:

posted by  ilove///amg

I haven't driven one, but I've sat in one, and I don't think the interior is sweet. I relaize everything is about saving weight, but it still looks pretty shitty. I mean, the plastic, which doesn't even stay in place and scuffs easily, is like 90's GM quality.

posted by  Mathew

I have to ask, do you have some commercial affiliation with the Lotus Elise, because you seem to make quite a deal of them?

posted by  Wally

Well, my dad has been working for a car paper, and knows this guy who is the only Lotus dealer in our city, known him for a number of years, and the guy knew I was in love with Lotus's, so he asked if I wanted to drive one. :thumbs: Go from there...

posted by  ilove///amg

OK, so you're just besotted. :cool2:

posted by  Wally

I cant believe noones said anything about Chris_Knows getting the hp figure wrong. Its 190, not 118.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Don't blame me, blame google :laughing:...Don't know how I messed that up though :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

I was thinkin somethin was off... lol big difference there Chris :PP

posted by  Pythias

Handles a helluva lot better than a C6. No comparison for the Elise.

Do you guys up there in Canada not get the 190hp 1.8L toyota engined version we get in the States? I saw a few companies take out that toyota engine and put in 220hp K series Honda powerplants. Actually lost a little weight.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I believe we get the same Toyota engine for the Elise here too...but I've never seen one :doh:...
That's like a Formula car, with a bit over 100hp/litre! :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah, that engine, I believe its a 253 hp dohc...EDIT: the jap one...

posted by  ilove///amg

Yeah those Elises are nice. I went to the bentley dealership in Chicago and they had 2 of them i sat in one and getting in wast so hard as the getting out. Im only 16 and had ergonomic problems how are old men who can afford these things are supposed to get in and out. I loved it until i saw the F430 Spider :drool: :drool: and The Porsche GT2 :drool: :drool: And the Murcielago :drool: :drool: ECT ECT...

posted by  skeetin870

The older Euro spec cars were available with 118bhp I believe....that was with the older engine though....they were also available with the 190bhp :thumbs: ...oh, they made a 111bhp too I think :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=latimes&call=crp& makeid=29&year=2005&modelid=7592

Gotta love it

posted by  newyorker

the original k-series engine had 118bhp, which was used in the first elise's back in 95. the same power plant used in the 2 and 4 series rover and the honda concerto

interesting also used in the caterham, which weighs half an elise.

on that subject they also had the Caterham JP250 which had the tuned opel / vauxhall astra

personally you pay extra for the lotus name, my preference being the opel / vauxhall speedster / vx220 which was turbo charged

me i use a v6

posted by  mattireland

The K-Series engine is just crap...yeah, they're used in everything from Rover 25's to Landrover Freelanders, Caterham's to MGF's, but they sure do get through Head gaskets quickly.

As for the Honda Concerto....I'm sure Honda used engines in Rovers, but not the other way around, I've never seen a K-Series in a Honda. Could be wrong though, maybe I've just never lifted the bonnet on that particular model :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well, Honda DID make their own K series engine, nothing to do with the Lotus/Toyota version. Use i currently in the Civic SI, Accord, TSX, RSX among many others.

im not 100% certain, i recall that the 2 and 4 series were basically exactly the same car as the concerto, just a diffo body

if im wrong i hold my hands up (and wait for that 'hbo' fella to come and tell me to stop posting when i obviously know shit all)

posted by  mattireland

I presume you mean hobo?....just ignor him lol. I understand what you're saying though.

And thunderbird, how can Honda make their own K-Series? :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

i have always liked the elise and for the price they sell for i think it's a great buy.

posted by  V-Tec

Honda can do anything. They can make a 90000 hp .5 liter N/A Inline 1, it would run 1s. It would also get 5 gs on the skidpad. Honda can do anything, right thunderbird?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Oh...I heard about those :laughing:...Coming out in 2007 right? :laughing: JK..but you never know :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Thunderbird can do anything, right pontiac, like have the mind power to make you to write dumb posts like the one above, just like I can control any of the neanderthals on this forum, right, RIGHT???? :screwy:

This is the swap I was talking of, the "220hp" (really the ITR engine (makes 240-250hp stock) K20A from the 2002+ Integra Type-R for the Exige and Elise.

http://www.prototyperacing.com/k20kit.htm

Check out those dyno charts...

http://www.prototyperacing.com/dynok20b.htm
The only mod they did was add a new custom 4-2-1 header, still connected to the STOCK lotus exhaust and made 247.7hp/167tq at the WHEEL HUB. That translates into about 275-280 crank hp. All N/A. All Honda engine, less the exhaust. That power combined with they claim 1640lbs of car, that makes the power to weight ratio ~ 5.96lbs/hp. That is a better power/weight than a SRT-10 Viper or C6 Z06 for comparison.

But that'snot a K-Series...am I missing something? lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I'll have to admit, the euro K series came first. But, I think we both can agree Honda's K series engine is much better. You can't argue with 230-240hp stock on a 2.0L I4 with no forced induction. :thumbs:

But the K-Series is a Rover engine, right?.....so you guys have a different version then... :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Honda's K series engine has nothing to do with Rovers. The Honda K series (which is comes in most basic forms of K20 and K24 2.0L and 2.4L engines) came out in the 2002 RSX/Civic Si and RSX-S. With a 160hp K20a3 and a 200hp K20a2 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC 16v fours.

Must have our wires crossed somewhere lol...you guys over there use alot of cosing for your engines....here, we tend to only use codes on certain engines...on most occasions anyway..Our K-Series is just that...a K-Series lol, it comes in 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0litre guise and tends to be a crap engine overal lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

You guys get Honda's K series, ever seen one of these scootin around?

http://www.japcar.ru/autowallpapers/honda/honda_civictyper_1024x768_6.jpg

That's what you guys got and us United States'ers' missed out on. The 2002-2005 Civic Type-R. Had a 220ps K20a 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC I4 w/6spd in it.

LOL...I know what you're saying, but what I'm attempting to say, is that you guys call it the K-Series because it has the letter 'K' at the begining of the engine code....Rovers K-Series is such, because that's what it's called....nothing to do with coding lol. I dont doubt we get that engine, but we just tend not to use engine codes unless ordering parts etc... :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Hope thats red leather

posted by  ilove///amg

You'd be wrong. It's a performance sports machine, with cloth racing seats. Real heated leather power adjusting seats add too much weight :mrgreen:

aww dangit. :evil:

posted by  ilove///amg

Your Message