good and cheap?

Home  \  European Imports  \  good and cheap?

im looking to buy a new car that is good on gas and cheap, i was thinking of a jetta because iv heard they are awesome on gas and are pretty cheap to buy, im not looking for a new one I dont have alot of money so it would be used, can someone tell me if this is a good car to buy

posted by  shaun1608

Hello, look this web (european cars).

http://www.mobile.de/cgi-bin/searchPublic.pl?bereich=pkw&sprache=2&new=1&sr _qual=G

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1246/36cd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

posted by  Euspa

jettas are okay, obvioulsy you have more jettas in the states than we have over here... golfs are smaller if you're looking to stick with the veedub. also vw are pretty reliable in my experience. Dont expect vw's to be that fast either, i suppose for the money, you MIGHT find a golf gti, mk3 or 4 for reliablilty... dont expect anything special for the money though!! :thumbs:

posted by  Mk3golfer

If you really want European the Jetta would be your best bet; however, if you want something that should be more reliable I would suggest a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic. Both would give you outstanding reliability (cheaper) and good MPG. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

I didnt really know it was possible to have a good AND cheap car at the same time.

posted by  newyorker

It is.

posted by  Pythias

So then what is a Neon in your eyes? Isnt it (in your opinion) a good car and a cheap one? Using your logic the Neon cannot be both. (And it is a cheap car... :laughing: )

posted by  StiMan

Its cheap. Its not good, but it will suffice me enough to get my savings up there.

posted by  newyorker

Then why do you constantly fight for respect for a car that you yourself deem to be "not good"? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

I meant that its not good but its not bad either. And because of the fact that its my car and a lot of people that just somehow have it better, dont need to insult it.

posted by  newyorker

Umm.... I am quite confused by this statement. Do you mean:
"People do not need to insult the Neon simply because it is my car or because they think that it is a bad car; because it is my car I wish to support it."

posted by  StiMan

Somethin along those lines.

posted by  newyorker

it's because he loves getting 18mpg

posted by  95civicdima

And eating civics all day. I say its worth it. By the way im getting my 24 miles now.

posted by  newyorker

you wanna try racing in my area... unless you wanna race old people in civics and neons, you have to race the type R's and the R32's... :mrgreen:

posted by  Mk3golfer

whine whine whine
all i ever see is whining in here
wtf people???

posted by  windman

im not moaning... street racing is stupid in my view, but thats only my opinion!

posted by  Mk3golfer

i wasnt talking about you your one of the ones that actually has something relevent to say once in a while
i was talking more about the idiots like new yourker who feel the need to type when he himself knows he knows jack shit about anything
but he's not alone
theres lots in here
i wont be back
this is just a whiners and horn blowers hangout

posted by  windman

Well, thanx for that, I'd like to say you'll be missed.......but ya wont :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Lol... hypocrite. Think about it. Using your own logic by hanging out here, you yourself are a "whiner and horn blower." Plus you feel the need to whine by stating that you are leaving because of the common styles of members of this forum. If you want to say that you are not a "whiner and horn blower" because you are leaving now, you need to realise that your post count (200+) shows that you obviously found something here that was worth your time to stay and devote some amount of your time to posting.

Anyways... good bye!

posted by  StiMan

Yes because "eating civics" is such an amazing feat. :clap:

posted by  Pythias

i know, stock civics are such speed demons, i see one and i start running, but then i realize when he floors it he cant catch up to me, so i slow down to a brisque walk

posted by  ride3k

Well as shitty as you make my neon out to be, i suppose it IS a bit of an accomplishment.

posted by  newyorker

My point was you shouldn't talk about "eating civics" lol That just sounds sad. And when I have I ever made your neon out to be "that shitty" I don't like neons that much, infact I would never own one. But I know its ratings, its weight, and how the civic is slower than it so.

posted by  Pythias

I didnt mean you I meant the forum. Sorry for the confusion.

posted by  newyorker

Oh ok. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

But you also have had your fair share of turns at it. :banghead: :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Had is the key word, and not for quite some-time I believe. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

So are Civics tasty then? :ohcrap: :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message