06 Gli

Home  \  European Imports  \  06 Gli

Well we might be getting a new collection to the family of silver and a lone black truck :mrgreen: (on my car enthusiast side of the family), my dad is looking at an 06 GLI thats the grey color I believe, I went with him to the VW dealership and sat in this thing and just the interior, steering wheel and the way the gears shifted into place were just phenomenal, even though I haven't been driving for a long time I've had the privilage to drive some BMW's and VW's and if you've ever driven a German made vehicle, theres just a difference between how they drive, handle, shift, and equal out the power to weight, I love em. So yeah just venting out my thoughts with ya'll, let me know what ya'll think bout the car!

posted by  99integra

I agree, I love the build quality of German cars, everything's so precise and fits together perfectly!....love the blue dash illuminations on VW's too! :drool:

posted by  Cliffy

Oh god yes, he was also looking at a GTI because he used to have an old 80's one but he thought since he's gettin older he needs a sedan :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I like the sedans better......atleast the new ones anyway!

posted by  Cliffy

German cars do look pretty nice, and are generally reliable, it's fun just sitting in them :mrgreen:

:2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

I think it costs too much for what you get. I dont like the route VW is going with their prices...there is really no such thing an affordable good VW anymore.

For the price there are several other cars I'd get over the GLI. A TSX is my top choice as it is basically a European car (handling), with reliabiliyu and Honda fun power to boot. The 6spd manual in it is almost unrivaled!

posted by  thunderbird1100

Fat!! Awesome torque curve though.

posted by  VG30DE

Yeah doesnt the GLI weigh over 3500lbs?!?!

posted by  thunderbird1100

3308 manual. 3352 auto. Now I am confused. Is the manual a manual and the DSG considered the auto, or is the DSG the manual and a traditional auto used for auto.

posted by  VG30DE

Your Message