The New BMW 1 Series

Home  \  European Imports  \  The New BMW 1 Series

BMW have published pictures of its new One Series today. The little ugly duckling of the family officially breaks cover for the first time. Prices for the all-new 1-Series will be announced later in the Spring.

* PHOTOS (http://automotorundsport.de/d/56483) *

posted by  Unfedfat

:puke:

Not iDrive!!!!!nooooooooooo :banghead:

conclusion: :guns: Chris Bangle.

posted by  SuperJew

I think that the front end looks good but...............the rear end looks like a golf I heard that it will be pretty cheap for a bmw. But it doest seem to stay true to bmw's roots. (sports car)

posted by  BAVARIANM5WORKS

??? BMW's roots are NOT sports cars. :tomato:

posted by  SuperJew

I like the look of that...I think it's about time BMW made a car to rival cars like the Vauxhall (Opel) Astra and Ford Focus....and SJ's right, BMW may have made a few Sportier cars in recent times but I wouldn't really say that's where their roots lie! oh..and didn't Chris Bangle resign?

posted by  Cliffy

not sure about that...where did you hear it? because if it's true then it will truly be a day to rejoice. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

I think I read it, along with a review of the new 5 Series in 'Auto Express' magazine some time ago..I could be wrong though, It wouldn't be the first time a motoring magazine has got it wrong :banghead: . And I agree, it would certainly be Fosters all round if old Mr.Bangle has left BMW's design in more 'skillfull' hands lol

posted by  Cliffy

I don't like 1Series at all. There are many other middle sized cars thar are more beautiful than this one.

ps: edited to correct grammar

posted by  karburator

sorry their roots are airplanes but some of the first cars that they made where for the race track

posted by  BAVARIANM5WORKS

Ummm, not really. BMW's first car production car was the Dixi in 1928. It had a whopping 18 hp and a top speed of around 50 mph. As you can see from the picture it's not exactly a hot rod.

http://www.bmwworld.com/images/cars/vintage/da4a.jpg

From there, their next production car was the 3/20 of 1932. With a huge increase in power to 20 hp it was the first car designed entirely in house by BMW.

http://www.bmwworld.com/bmw/history/1932.gif

We have to go all the way to 1936 to find a car worthy of the race track. That would be the 328 which is considered to be the most successful racing car of the thirties.

http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/vintage/0328_832.jpg

So, as you can see it took BMW eight years to go from starting to produce cars to building a car deserving of the moniker "sports car".

posted by  vwhobo

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s23/smilies-11406.png

posted by  SuperJew

I recently had another looksy at the 1-Series and the more I do so, the more I cant stand it...infact, now I hate it.. :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

I think it's alright looking, but it's hard to believe it's even BMW.

posted by  abless

chris bunghole needs to be shot, stabbed, poisoned, eviscerated, run over, squished, and smote by god. and then i'ma kill him.

posted by  enron fever

Yessh... well I like it... you all get all the "cool" Euro cars... we here need some... by the by... they are right about the roots... it aint sports cars... :thumbs: :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

Well, very very slow for a BMW. doesnt really look the part. will it damage the brand?

has any one seen the city rover btw its horid.

posted by  cinqyg

whoa, i heard bout the 6 series but not this. ANd its butt ugly :sleep:

posted by  importluva

*Thinks you may have watched Top Gear*

posted by  Cliffy

Well yeah, but i got some literature though the post last monday fron MG rover, cuz one of my crinkles used to work for Austin. It looked butt ugly in that but, i was impresed it had a 1.4. after top gear i think a good stereo would be adviseable. but i think i would by the panda instad. ive got a cinquecento for running around in, well its got no clutch at the precise second but you get the idea.

posted by  cinqyg

I like the styling of the new 6....

posted by  StiMan

i dunno man, i think bmw's new 6 and 7 series styling in general is :sleep: . Driving experience and feel is prolly unrivaled, but the designs are getting ugly. I much prefer the exterior styling of the 3 and 5 series, the lesser of two evils imo.

posted by  importluva

I agree, although the 'toned down' version of the 7-Series is alot friendlier on the eye :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Umm the TR6 is happening all over again. That was the last time the german pen sliped and it looked like the had sawn the end off the car.

posted by  cinqyg

Yes... the toned down 7 is much better... I like the styling on the new 5-Series, and the old 3-Series styling... very nice stuff... I also liked the old 5-Series.... good stuff... :thumbs: :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

I think the new 1 Serie is a 180 Turn of the BMW Company. I hope they will not go even smaller.
But did you know. It'll be not sold in the US.

Ich denke die 1 Serie ist eine 180 Grad drehungvon BMW. Ich hoffe sie werden es nicht noch kleiner versuchen. Wusstet ihr eigentlich das er nicht in den USA verkauft wird?

posted by  tdallas

You wouldnt fit an american in it:p

posted by  cinqyg

I think he would know about a German Car Company since he is Deuch (German...)....(did I spell that right... o well...)

posted by  StiMan

that was my point! (deutch)

posted by  cinqyg

Deutsch = German :)

posted by  tdallas

Ya... I knew that...

posted by  StiMan

I think the i series looks cool, not sure how it'll drive, and yeah, it does look a little like the golf, and the front does look cool.

And yea, BMW started with aeroplanes. . . hench the BMW symbol. . it's the propellers of the plane. . (the blue and white..)

posted by  MJ007

*Cough* Introduce yourself! *Cough*

posted by  StiMan

no...the people we mandate an introduction from are people who's first post is a plea for help. one can simply blend into conversation without an intro.

posted by  SuperJew

Ahh... sorry...

posted by  StiMan

The steering wheel and cluster are reminiscent of the 03 Tiburon.

03 Tiburon Interior Pic (http://www.bigglook.com/biggauto/yenimodeller/images/6hyundaib.jpg)

EDIT: Probably 20 other cars too

posted by  PciMaster

Ok... but that looks like alot of other things too...

posted by  StiMan

I've been thinking yet again..(geez I must stop with that thinking lark!) and came to the conclusion that the 1-Series is just a slower 3-Series compact :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I think it looks pretty good for its market segment. I'd much rather take it than, say, a Civic, but then again the price difference renders it an apples/oranges discussion. :)

Any idea on the performance specs?

posted by  95sn95

From what I can see, the 1-series is horribly overpriced, so it competes with the horribly overpriced Audi A3, and the similar horribly overpriced Mercedes A-Class.

Fortunately, there are enough idiots out there with more money than taste to buy these things AND keep the residuals up. The 1.6 1-Series is nearly 16 grand, and doesn't even come with aircon or alloys!

You could stick a BMW badge on a bag of sick, and someone would want one.

posted by  heebee

I was wondering, are Mercedes and Audi both planning on selling the A-series and A3 in America?

posted by  moostang104314

Car looks good! Lose the iDrive, tho. Good design!

posted by  Hooligan

I know the A3 is coming here in a little while... as to the A-Series: I have no idea...

posted by  StiMan

Your Message