m3 or not to m3

Home  \  European Imports  \  m3 or not to m3

please please please, can someone give some impartial advice on this car, I am thinking of getting one, but the shite you get from the owners club, it make nazi propaganda seem healthy :thumbs:

posted by  jon348

M3!

posted by  BavarianWheels

well, i think bav says it the best

M3!!!

posted by  mazda6man

is there much difference in performance between the m3 and a 330i or csl type bmw of the same year ex 99-01?

posted by  jon348

The CSL is the quickest mainly because it's lighter than the standard M3, and the 330i isn't nearly as quick as either the standard M3 or the M3 CSL, as an estimate I recon the 330i covers the 0-62 sprint in around 7secs..the standard M3 does it in around 5.3secs and the CSL in about 4.9secs...BMW will also derestrict the CSL if you have a racing license to do around 185mph! otherwise all three are electronically retricted to 155mph (they are in UK anyways :thumbs: ) but that's plenty fast enough lol...I'd go for the CSL myself! oh yeah and the CSL has launch control too :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

The csl definitely performs better than a normal m3 but i wouldnt get it. It costs a lot more than an normal m3 and you get a lot less. It has most of the creature coforts removed which is ok. But the fact that you are paying more for less stuff would make me stick with the m3.

posted by  wishihada911

Lol..Almost...!
330ci 0-60 in 6.5
M3 coupe 0-60 in 5.2
M3 CSL 0-60 in 4.9
You were completely correct about the top speeds though. BMW will de-restrict the M3 coupe too if you have a track lisence... :thumbs: In the end the M3 is a supurb car, a practical coupe and very desirable and holds its retail value well too. :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

You don't mind if I move this post, do you? :laughing:

posted by  Unfedfat

To where? The area of bad spelling? :orglaugh: :laughing: :orglaugh: :laughing: :orglaugh:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Wahoo, I knew the performance figures were something like those...I knew them well enough not to do a Google search anyway (usually I refer to Google), and yes, depreciation is always good on a beemer!

Yes that's right too, I forgot to mention that...maybe £60,000 is a bit too much to spend on a car with few creature comforts :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I would go with the M3 CSL...but that isnt in the states, so here the M3....If I Had to get the 330 I would get the 330xi....

posted by  StiMan

go for the normal M3... :2cents:

posted by  SuperJew

cheers for the help, decided i have broken enough jap imports!, thought i would go for a german this time

m3 sounds good,

and before any one goes all paris hilton orange county rich people blah, its gonna be second hand lol :thumbs:

ps why is paris hilton famous :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

posted by  jon348

If you can, buy it before the weather get better because the prices will start to rise and if you can, go "oop" north to buy it, i have found that some cars can be 25/30% cheaper up there due to the lack in demand and especially on a car like the M3.. Get looking m8 and tell us if you have any issues..! :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Congrats!
Ru serious about Paris Hilton?

posted by  StiMan

about the Paris Hilton remark...

all i can think of is that she f*cked some famous people and they pulled some strings...

but seriously...wasnt she a professional model or something? then the sex video came out and yeah....

posted by  SuperJew

Nope just rich!

posted by  StiMan

She makes all her money from the dodgy, spam emails she sends :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Her Daddy owns Hilton Hotels, which simply makes her celebrity status the spoiled daughter of a multimillionaire. Some people like to refer to her an "heiress" but I still prefer to say the spoiled daughter of a multimillionaire.

posted by  snoopewite

That and she is slutty when it comes to it...she'll do anyone at anytime!

posted by  StiMan

Woo woo woo! Even me?

http://www.amishdonkey.com/media/potd/bean.gif

posted by  vwhobo

Yes even you Mr. Bean...if the price was right!

posted by  StiMan

Suprisingly she was a runway model before hand.....don't even think she is that attractive.....probably only a model because of her daddy.... :clap:

posted by  jmyers0341

Hey vwhobo..have you ever been compared to Rowan Atkinson before now? :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

The only thing I have against the M3, is that my 60 year-old principal drives one!!! (A convertible too!) I wouldn't really want a car a lady much older than me drives herself! Kinda creepy!!!

posted by  moostang104314

Well if I was going to buy any M3 I wouldnt. I would buy a Noble M12 400R :smoke:

posted by  Car Nirvana

M3, i have been looking into them lately too. Dont get a 2001 tho. I heard they had a 5th gear problem (something got gunked up way too easliy, making shifting a little... rough) and i dont wanna take apart my tranny every month to scrape it clean.

posted by  Wonderbread7608

I would prefer a competitioner like a C Benz AMG, 4 doors, same performance and with a Brabus exhaust the sound's good.

posted by  lutz

Your Message