What is the Sportiest VW Golf?

Home  \  European Imports  \  What is the Sportiest VW Golf?

I don't want to get too particular about which golf is the best at what thing, but I was wondering what do YOU think is the sportiest version of the golf? My money would be on the VR6, or the GTI. Any oppinions? Sporty meaning, quick, and agile.

posted by  Integra_LS

the R32, has got to be one of the best models of golf that can be found ive heard it refered to as "the replacement corrado" in vw line up

posted by  Killer_Cabrio

By today's standards the R32 is without doubt the best alround performance Golf due to the fact that it sports a 3.2litre V6 engine and AWD, however, you just cant beat the good old mk1 GTI :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

The Mk1 and Mk 2 Golf’s win in the handling categories because of their agility but the Mk 3 and Mk 4 Golf’s win for power because of their newer, more athletic engines. Over all the new Mk 5 is probably the best, especially the R32 with its DSG gearbox. :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Another question. Are the r32 golfs available in the US?

posted by  Integra_LS

Very soon.

Mark I GTI. Light, fast, cheap. When you drive one they scream to you 'beat me, f*ck me, make me write bad checks'. Just a hoot to drive.

http://members.aol.com/DWELTY99/MarksGTI.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

I was looking into buying one as I posted before, but It won't be for awhile. Are any of the models available under 10,000 used?

posted by  Integra_LS

You can find primo Mark I's for under $5k. There just aren't too many left out there.

posted by  vwhobo

Also, I'm looking for a newwer one, 96+. Thank you.

posted by  Integra_LS

Your Message