AUDI vs BMW

Home  \  European Imports  \  AUDI vs BMW

But m series BMW do not have quattro system. And what could be better then AUDI quattro with touch from porsche on it.
The result: :twisted: RS6 :twisted: ---> fastest family car.

And what happens with M3 or M5 on a rainy day or in winter when snow has fallen.

posted by  bgm

Hi, what would you better prefer AUDI or BMW. I definitely prefer AUDI quattro. For example RS6 :twisted: :twisted:

posted by  bgm

personally, i'd go with bmw, like the M series. it's some of the best stuff out there on the road! ;)

posted by  ferrarichika

go beamer!

posted by  mazda6man

bimmer all the way. an e36 m3 could out handle and flat out out perfrom an s4 quatro any day. and as for the snow... thats when i bring out the x5. i live in southern california so i dont have to worry about snow anyways.

posted by  DTMBaller

to tell u the truth Audi simply because of their better styling. chrus bangle sucks! and theyre just comparible power-wise, one isnt more powerful than the next....ok maybe they r but still....its also dependent on where u live. if u live where theres zero snow and little rain the BMW will be ideal, but for where i live where theres a good amount of both, the Audi will be ideal.

posted by  SuperJew

I say go with the bmw. The quattro system is nice for getting more traction, but you lose a lot of power to the drive-train, not to mention the fact that AWD systems way a quite a bit more than 2WD ones.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

what kind of audi?, i think the new audi rs 6 can beat the mercedes benz e55 AMG.

posted by  S2000Boy

BEAMER...eventhough I drive a VW which is made by Audi, and I drive a VW. I don't really like the looks of Audi except for the TT. Beamer has luxury, and speed!

posted by  JettaChiC20

Beamer :twisted:

posted by  DamerBullet

Audi RS6 is a nice car.. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. Thats as fast as HKS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

posted by  S2000Boy

nah E55 just barely edges out the RS6.....

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=1816

and the RS6 isnt gonna be in production for '04.... :(

posted by  SuperJew

You leave the M5 in the garage and pull out the X5...no sense in risking your life on wet roads to prove a useless point...unless there are numbers stuck to the side of your car. ;)

EDIT::

oops...didn't read farther down before posting. ::agrees::

posted by  BavarianWheels

As my name says Bimmer for life, although Audi makes some real great cars, and has been for a long time, the only one I would get is the TT drop top, way cool car :D

posted by  MrBMW

I would go with the M3 any day... course i just love BMW!

posted by  theunbelivaBULL

Personally i think i would much rather have any bmw over an audi any day. don't get me wrong but i think a bmw would waste an audi. :)

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Vw isn't made by Audi!
Volkswagen just owns audi!

posted by  vwmaniac

i prefer audi tt over any b.m.w wolkswagon,or porche i like the comfort the engine(3.9)and the looks if anyone has anything better in b.m.w,porche or any other car reply me

p.s. not including lamborgini,ferrary etc.

posted by  gadydabest

Personally I prefer the comfort of the seats. Please tell me where I can purchase a TT with a 3.9 liter engine. Thank you.

Oh yeah, I'll take an Audi over a BMW anyday just because I prefer the styling and driving experience. That and I don't have any gold chains to wear around my neck.

Here's a funny thought. Ya know what the techs at the BMW dealership I worked at in Germany said BMW stands for? Broke More than Works. Cool, huh?

posted by  vwhobo

Technically, that would be BMTW... ;)

Technically I didn't capitolize the "T".

posted by  vwhobo

hey vw....kinda a bad welcoming back thing but the newest TT has a 3.2, not a 3.9 liter V6

posted by  SuperJew

I know dude, read the post I was responding to. Now that two of us know the secret it'll get out all over the place. 8)

posted by  vwhobo

oops....stupid me! :D

posted by  SuperJew

No sir, you're definately in the majority. Wanna hear another politically incorrect joke?

posted by  vwhobo

sure. i love political incorrectness. 8)

posted by  SuperJew

Okey dokey, since you asked.

The manager of a prosperous whorehouse in Warsaw one night found to his dismay that he was short of girls for the evening's entertainment. Thinking quickly, he dashed out and bought several blow-up dolls, figuring that, given his average clientele, no one would know the difference.

Soon he ushered a customer into a room that housed one of the new lovelies, assuring him that he was in for an especially good time. When the customer came out of the room a little while later, the manager was waiting eagerly in the hallway.

He winked at him and asked, "Well? How'd you like her?"

"I don't know what happened," said the customer, shaking his head. "I bit her on the tit, she farted, and flew out the window."

posted by  vwhobo

hahahahahahahah thats a good one- ive got one. tho its not polish.

ok so a rabbi, priest, and a duck walk into a bar. the bartender then says "what is this, a joke?"

:D

posted by  SuperJew

:thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

So now between the two of us we've offended Pole's, Catholic's, Jew's and waterfowl (possibly PETA). All in just one day. Cool! :D

posted by  vwhobo

lol.Even though you offended me, the joke was actually a very good one.

posted by  vwmaniac

Here's the wonderful thing about humor. To be funny it always has to offend someone. Unfortunately not enough people can laugh at themselves or stereotypes about them.

Q: How can you tell a Polish pirate?
A: He has a patch over both eyes.

posted by  vwhobo

LOLOLOL.

posted by  vwmaniac

hey superjew is that how a good yeshiva bochur talks ?
u must b chasidesh no,saying these mamash giloy arayos jokes ?
u wernt on jewishstreet latly y is that?
neway
MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have a 3.2 engine even though my cusin told me its 3.9
SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its still a nice car

gady
p.s.sorry everyone im talking a difrent language to superjew he is mamash a shaigetz

posted by  gadydabest

ok i hate to say it i dont understand a word you said. how about you try to IM me with a coherent response before I make any judgement on what you said senor confusing.

posted by  SuperJew

He wants to know why a smart Jewish boy like you is telling jokes like that.

posted by  vwhobo

that too but theres like a poor attempt at transcribing hebrew in there....

posted by  SuperJew

Very Intresting, i`m an Audi person my self..... I`v owned an S4, and currently my dad up north has a RS6 because Lake Tahoe California has the snow lol so the All Wheel Drive is very handy up there :D

posted by  carlover

AUDI or BMW??? dude everyone knows BMW is once of da best manufacture on earth beside mercedes benz.... :twisted: :twisted: :D 1st=Mercedes 2nd=BMW 3rd=Audi and da cheapiest european car is da volkswagen!

posted by  BigBadBrat

Bav, look. The planets have aligned and brought you a friend. You guys can talk Bimmers all day long, in ebonics no less. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

Hey Hobo, just goes to show you, there is a God :D

posted by  lectroid

Thanks vwhobo. Judging from grammar...young and inexperienced. ;)

Nah, do ya think? He uses three syllable words like "suckiest" so I thought he must be a PhD. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

or maybe even a DMD! :D :rolleyes:

posted by  SuperJew

BMW any day i dont even know what to say i like audi but a BMW well all you bmw fans know what i am talking about i just cant put it in words

posted by  BAVARIANM5WORKS

Do they have punctuation where you live at? Just wondering.

posted by  vwhobo

The BMW M3 has always been one of my favorite cars...but i would probably go with and Audi S or RS, just because they are more sophisticated in style and they just look so much nicer, and they have Quattro, which is very useful!...however the new M5 does look quite tasty even though i dont really agree with the styling, a V10 with 500bhp!!!!!!!!!!!!that is wicked!

posted by  Flying_Dane

I don't know about more "sophisticated" style, however I wouldn't disagree that the Audi is a good looking car and their reputation has been climbing higher.

Having said that...I'm still partial to the BMW's...no surprise there. :thumbs:

I've got a '91 325IC sitting here that I just picked up yesterday. I'll sell it to ya when I'm done with it... cheap!

posted by  vwhobo

What's it in for? Condition? Clear title? Mileage? Pics?

1. Gross neglect by the former owner. The first owner had it for 10 years and took excellent care of it. It's been ridden hard, put away wet and generally abused for the last 2 years. The things I know for sure it needs are brakes all the way, intake gasket (lucky me) and probably an airflow sensor.

2. It looks great but... The former owner was expert with the cleaning equipment but mechanically it was afro-engineered.

3. No, the title is opaque. However it's not a salvage or anything.

4. At least 194k. The odometer is inop, my guess is closer to 250k.

5. Not yet and probably won't take any. Since I posted my admittedly smart ass last post, some bozo came by and offered me $8500 for it with a $1000 non-refundable deposit. That'll almost triple my money and I've only had it since Saturday.:2cents: Ain't capitalism and the American way of life great.

Maybe instead if the Bimmer I could interest you in one of these. It's sorta like what we talked about previously.
http://www.zoospeed.com/images/photo004.jpg

http://www.zoospeed.com/

posted by  vwhobo

6k - 7.5k? Good grief...!! :banghead: <---I love this one!!

Good for you on the 325ic!! Sell, sell, sell... :clap:

yes they do but i dont really care!!!!!!!!!!! i dont need to please other people

yeah you dont need to please other people....you need to make yourself clear so that we can understand what you are trying to say. people cannot understand this:

because it does not have punctuation. you need punctuation
to make it so people get what you are saying. am i getting through to you? :banghead:

posted by  SuperJew

no im sorry could you explain some more

There is a little known word (apparently). This word is accuracy.

Accuracy comes with practice and practice comes from discipline. By your apparent indifference to both, it only makes you out as irresponsible, undisciplined, unreliable, and simply untrustworthy...among others.

Take some pride.

Bav, I need to correct your otherwise outstanding list by making an addition. UNEMPLOYABLE.

posted by  vwhobo

:doh: I missed the clincher!! :banghead:

Good to see a forum that can dispel urban myths and give the public the information it needs to make ..... a BETTER choice.

Never Follow

http://www.ssip.net/images/audi_rs62.jpg

posted by  Never Follow

We have Posers,

...... and we have Drivers.

Never Follow

posted by  Never Follow

lol that was good super jew

I thought this was a car forum website aren't we supposed to be talking about cars right? It seems to me that alot of the people using this website are pretty anal.

Anywaise isn't audi made by Volkswagen? just wondering i cant remember?

Why is it always one or the other? Cars that are relatively equal in the grand scheme of things. Both companies have made some outstanding performance cars, and some excellent luxury cars, as well as a few stinkers. But so many people act like one is vastly better than the other (on both sides of the fence).

Absolutely ridiculous how people have to cut down on the competition to their favorite cars. As though liking one automatically means you don't have the brainpower to like the other (or ANY other...).

I'll take my 6 series BMW, a Sport Quattro, a 2002 Tii, an IMSA 5000TQ, a 740i Sport, and a 4000SQ, and have a great time. A new M3 and Z4, and a new RS4 would round the group out nicely.

posted by  ChrisV

Yes it is. VolksWagen Group is integred by VW, Audi, SEAT and Skoda.

posted by  karburator

Maybe you'r forgetting Volvo and Saab in your list. I think both are as good as Audi.

posted by  karburator

I was just wondering if anyone has had good or bad expirences buying cars off ebay like me?
I got the Audi A6 2000 before Xmas and I'm very satisfied with my new toy.
It's pretty much flawless inside and outside from what i can tell
Has anyone or does anyone know someone who bought a car on ebay also?
>link infected with trojan horse<

posted by  audia6fan

My Dad had a 91' Audi 100 they are called the A6 now. Anyways he had it low suspension and sports tires it was a beauty. Audi and Volvo are my fav cars. :thumbs:

posted by  joey

yes nice 1 superjew
it was good in car fanatics aswell :ohcrap: :ohcrap: :screwy: :sleep: :thumbs:

posted by  407_forever

Hummm....BMW's are nice cars for (usually) the older age group who buy for the name even though they are expensive....Audi's are for the younger people who just want a little luxury and a lot of performance for a low price (on average)...

posted by  StiMan

Older? I happen to be a '30 something' BMW owner x3...and from what I see (apart from the 7 series owners) I'm on the old side of the owners.

Where did you get your statistics for the statement above?

yes

the vw group :
-vw
-audi
-seat
-skoda
-bentley
-bugatti

but ther's a problem for bugatti.....

for moment is only a prototype........ the bugatti veyron.... that stà having of the problems in phase of test

http://www.infomotori.com/foto/art_820_2_bugatti%201.jpg

but it does not appeal to a lot to me

posted by  fabvio

Sorry! I meant on the most part the 5s and 7s (not M5) are owned by older folks. The 7s are usually retired folks and the 5s are usually parents...the 3 is usually used by people in your age group. From where I am I see mostly younger people in the Audis and the older people in the BMWs...

posted by  StiMan

I own a 3 series, a 5 series, and a 7 series...where do I fit in?

:thumbs: the enzo rules :banghead:

posted by  407_forever

Sorry...you have broken my stereo type...I wish I was you...

posted by  StiMan

Audi's are a much better value than BMW's. Both companies make fantastic cars which offer superior performance, excellent styling, and status. I would not be embarrassed to pull into the office driving a car from either company. I am 26(new money) and work in the Philadelphia area. I recently decided to purchase an A4 over a 328i for a number of reasons.

I test drove 328's at multiple locations in the Philly area and encountered the same problems at each location. First of all, BMW sales people are pretentious pricks who think they are doing you a favor by letting you test drive a BMW. Second, none of the dealerships I went to had 6 speed 328's to test drive. I was shocked when the salesperson told me this, and demanded an explanation. "Well, we find the majority of people buying BMW's these days PREFER automatic transmissions". We were surprised by this considering BMW's reputation of making cars for "drivers". It appears that BMW has fallen out of favor with the drivers, and is now popular among high school girls and soccer moms.

Since we were at the dealership, we decided to test drive the automatic. The interior was very cheap looking. My confusion grew because I also thought BMW's were luxury cars. As i pull away from the dealership in my automatic 328 with the underwhelming interior, I notice a complete lack of acceleration. The ride gets worse on the back roads because the 328 feels incredibly heavy and unresponsive around curves. After being totally disappointed by the car, the prick salesmen offers me 43k for a 6 speed 328i with leather seats. We rejected his offer and made our way for the door. He asked us what else we were looking at and assured us that he couldn't match an offer made by Audi. He was right.

The A4 felt much more nimble than the 328i, and they actually had 6 speeds on the lot to test drive. Apparently 80% of Audi owners don't drive automatic....The general manager offered 30k even for an A4 with quattro, leather, cold weather, sport suspension and NAV. We bought the car without negotiating. The 328i may test better on the track, but it comes at a 14k premium in some parts of the country. Did i mention you can't drive the BMW in heavy rain or in the snow?

No comparison between these two companies. BMW has become a complete status symbol car and Audi is recognized as a great value, performance cars for intelligent men. The women can keep the beamer.

posted by  mr. plow

Guess I'll be a woman...I simply prefer the BMW...although I have not gone in to see the new ones. 328's are the "touring" model of the 3 series...if you want better performance, you should at least look at the 335's, a difference of 70hp.

As far as service goes, I will say, as I've mentioned a few times here, BMW service is not as good as one might expect from a luxury/sports car factory. I've never been to an Audi dealer for service...never owned an Audi, but from what I have owned, Lexus is the leader by FAR on service!

lol...just a few years old this thread is...lol.

Whoa, and you're gonna call people out for being pretentious pricks?

posted by  jedimario

I don't like BMW's 3series...either performance or design, so, Audi.

5series are different, but still prefer Audi A6. Same for 7series and A8.

Now for performance, Mseries and TT'n'RS6...i go for BMW instead...it's the rear traction, gives me goosebumps :mrgreen:

posted by  johnnykidlx

A perfect opportunity for me to start here in the community, in a decades old thread. http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/lsixer/emoticons/hehe.gif

So Johnny, you dislike 3 series? If I may ask, do you dislike the entire evolution of them? Including the e30, e36, e46, etc .... ?

As for the performance, since you dislike that as well, as you currently driving a ferrari then?

I am happy with both my audi and bimmer.

posted by  LSixer

^^You just joined to eh? I'm Audii btw, my fanboyism got toned down on SCF so I didn't want that name anymore.

I'm more for Audi, I don't like the Styling of new BMW's, the old ones look really great tho. The styling of new Audi's is just magnificent, no weak spots IMO.

posted by  Flatsix

Your Message