1988 Mercedes 260E radio cut off

Home  \  European Imports  \  1988 Mercedes 260E radio cut off

My 1988 260E has a weird radio problem.

The radio will shut off if I open or close the power sunroof, and sometimes the power windows will do the same thing.

Is the radio somehow bad?, or what gives???:confused:

posted by  sstk100

It's threads like this that really Piss me off, everyone else here knows what I mean, it wasn't JUST the fact that you failed to introduce yourself in the relevent section or even wrote this thread in the wrong place, but that you did't even say please of thank you... :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Sorry I didn't make your day.

I read through all the various information in this web site, and don't see any guide lines on how to write threads.

I was just looking for infomation, and since this site seems more inclinded to ridicule, rather than help, I'll say good bye.

posted by  sstk100

I guess you missed this: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200

posted by  DodgeRida67

Hey, you made my day. Nothing wrong with the radio or windows. You must have missed the thread on ignition keys. If you have a grinder with a wire wheel, or if you don't, (you can go to any hardware store) just run the key through a couple of times to take the burrs off. Works almost every time. If this doesn't work,stick the wire wheel up your butt, that will take the burrs off. Good Bye :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Your Message