New Bentley Arnage

Home  \  European Imports  \  New Bentley Arnage

looks great, more refinement and a better engine!
id like one soooo much (the arnage T anyway) :laughing:
what do you think?

a 6.75litre V8,
a pushrod, 2 valves per cylinder design,
500BHP, 1000Nm of torque,
179mph top speed,
0-60 mph in 5.5 secs,
new ZF six speed auto,
twin mitsubishi turbochargers,
all for £175,000, not cheap!
http://stb.msn.com/i/6B/8BB45E94494917BE298BC576AE85B.jpg
http://stb.msn.com/i/61/603675D04EBD794D2FAE1F406A064.jpg
http://stb.msn.com/i/36/968072CE6923C4B448816A075D4.jpg
http://stb.msn.com/i/19/B579D7702B48DFD46D9D239FDDA3DE.jpg

i think its a damn fine car indeed!:thumbs:

posted by  True_Brit

I likw it's styling and how it's stayed conservative in true Bently fasion!

posted by  Cliffy

yes, true, and the best looking bentley yet!!!
nice in black, but id have it in dark metallic blue, or silver

posted by  True_Brit

I dunno, I have this thing for luxury cars in white....very sexy! :drool:

I bet you can have any colour you want, too!

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, if you can afford the car, no doubt you can afford to paint it.

posted by  jedimario

One Bentley I won't get to drive :(

posted by  Mathew

where i work, the owner of the business estate owns a blue
Bentley Flying Spur, it looks ugly on picture but walking up to it and looking inside it, it does look good, but i still think the arnage rules!!!

posted by  True_Brit

That Bentley styling is just starting to look like an old-hag car. I was enjoying what they did with the bentley continental gt coupe and was looking for more new bentleys like that. Almost like they don't understand the concept of cars adapting to newer trends of society for more appeal.

Anyways I am sure if I was inside one the last thing I'd be thinking about is the styling.

posted by  Bronxie

its called keeping it conservitive, the last thing they want to do to the arnage is completely change the looks! all the bentleys look different apart from the arnage, its been like that for donkeys years, like the land rover defender!!!!

posted by  True_Brit

I think a company with so much history and prestige has every right to make its own trends and not follow the current style.

posted by  Mathew

You talk about it as if it's a person. This is, as you said, a "company", meaning it provides a service for people, and it has to market things to people. Your company can do whatever the darn hell it wants, but at the end of the day, it still has to sell things to people, and if people aren't satisfied, they might go elsewhere.

What kind of statement is that?

But at least they have a wider range of models, and from a business perspective, that's probably the best way to utilize their "history and prestige".

posted by  Bronxie

yes, keep it within history and your bound to sell! never mind the influences on styling from vw etv, keep it classic

posted by  True_Brit

So what do you think about the continental gt then?

http://www.automotivechronicles.com/articles/2005/mar/02/images/b33089-bent ley-continental-gt.jpg

posted by  Bronxie

not my favourite in styling!!! but i wouldnt say no! like anyone else, but its too VW ish, the w12 engine etc, might sound weird but i prefer the flying spur to the continental gt
http://www.hallekis.com/arkiv/xx050202-bentley.jpg

posted by  True_Brit

I feel like it's one of the few bentleys you could drive without having to hire a driver lol

posted by  Bronxie

A "company" is made up of many "persons".

Bentley's are marketed toward the extremely successful person who wishes to reward him or herself with the ultimate luxury car. Why the hell would that person want a Ford Taurus shaped piece of shit?

Do you actually think Bentley would be better off following the market trend? Use your head.:banghead:

posted by  Mathew

whats new about it? looks exactly the same as last year... ive driven tons of those... theyre nice. v12 twin turbo... very fast for waying ten tons... they dont sell very well though. the salespeople at my dealership hated when they got them in, cuz they would take months to sell, unlike the continental gt coupe and sedan. (not to be confused with the continental T or R... which is the sexiest production bently ever...)

thats actually the whole point of bentely... owner drives the bentley
whereas you have a driver for a rollsroyce

posted by  mazda6man

provides a service for the people? it does just that. as mathew said, people like to reward themselves, and what better way than a bentley...

what you dotn understand, apparently, not everyone wants a sportscar. bentley, honestly, doesnt care about what YOU, or myself for that matter, think... why? oure nopt buying their prducts, you probably wont ever. but those CEOs that make millions a year, some of them like to have a nice roomy, luxurious sedan... as for marketing trends, they follow them... bentleys are in a whole nother league... where else are those people going to go? rolls royce? same company, does things the same. maseratti quattroporte, perhaps. lexus? hell no. think about

posted by  mazda6man

Bently obviously summed up what it's customers want from its cars in some way or another, there is alot that goes into designing a new car...

posted by  Cliffy

and alot into updating a current model etc

posted by  True_Brit

They don't care about what I want, which is why I am pointing it out, genius. I am a potential consumer. Every person in the world is.

So yes, it does make a difference what I would want.

But I already commended bentley for having a wider range of vehicles now, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

posted by  Bronxie

the "culture" for that class is a little different... sure, yes, every person IS a potential customer... but until they you the money to be a customer, they dont give a rats ass about you... trust me, ive seen it... and it doesnt matter if they dont follow market trends, cuz its not like theyre really losing money...

posted by  mazda6man

No, you've seen it from a sales person perspective, which is alot different from a drawing board perspective. What I mean is that when they are updating the model they will take possible customers into account, it's only when you come to buy one that arrogance gets the better of some sales people!

I meant to say that too, honest, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message