Porsche 997

Home  \  European Imports  \  Porsche 997

For anyone interested in the next generation.These are the best quality pictures I have seen so far. :thumbs:

http://www.hadel.net/autos/html/d_pkw_porsche_997_erlkonig.html

posted by  Unfedfat

Nice to see that the Porsche lines have remained and they have just brought subtle changes to the car to freshen it up rather that giving it a whole new look... :2cents:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Good pics, but those wheels SUCK, looks like a match box car wheel. :orglaugh:

posted by  lectroid

Ya those rims do look kind of out of place...... anyways thanks for the pics. Anyone know what the base price is on this car? $140,000?

posted by  Voda48

is simply a restyling.....

null of particular before the 997 the porsche it has made rstyling for 25 years
creed but that the times are changes to you

posted by  fabvio

That should be the least of your worries! :mrgreen: The whole car seems to be held together with duck tape...! :screwy: :hi: There will be other wheels avalible when the car is sold so no need to worry!!! :thumbs: :mrgreen:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

I quite like the wheels, although I'll admit they do look a bit aftermarket, and as R34etcetcetc says, it's an expensive car so I'm sure there will be more available when the car goes on sale! other than that, the whole car looks pretty nice to me :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

The car looks good. The wheels look like shit. Different strokes for different folks. That's what makes the world go round & ound & und & nd & d an so on. :mrgreen:

posted by  lectroid

^^^^^:hi:Had to laugh at that...Yes, quite right, differing opinion 'n all that

Edit: Wahooo at 500 posts!!!...I'm now officially a freak! :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

NEWS

You were a freak before you joined the forum. :smoke: Congrats :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

thanx..and Yes..I was a freak before I joined it just wasn't official then :hi: :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

i heard the porsche engine will be moving up from 3.6 liters to 3.8 i believe it will happen when the 997 comes out.

posted by  wishihada911

i agree with R34 - i'm happy the only major change was the headlights. i like it. good move Porsche :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

my only question... whats with the tape around the lights?

posted by  mazda6man

It is most commonly used when testing a car to stop the wind entering the gap between the headlight and its housing, it reduces drag and also covers up the lines of the car.. No doubt that Porsche want to keep it a little secret.. :mrgreen:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

He he he.. :smoke: :hi: arn't i the popular one.. :orglaugh: :joking: :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

that makes sense

posted by  mazda6man

Also it is used on the rest of the car during high speed testing, such as aroung the passenger door, the bonnet and boot (hood and trunk) and any other gaps there may be... :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

I can almost certainly garentee that the white tape around the headlights is there for disguise, if you look closely you'll notice that the way in which the tape is possitioned makes the lights look identical to those of the 911...that's what I'd say it was for anyway :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message