Need Advice

Home  \  European Imports  \  Need Advice

Hey, I need some good advice on what to do with this situation...

So I've come across a Saab 900s 1984 coupe, its got a bunch of cool features and its in pretty good int/ext condition. The problem is that it needs a new starter, and under some unusual conditions I have to buy it before the starter is installed. The deadline is monday, so its coming pretty quick. The guy im buying it from is an auto-tech teacher who believes that it will work fine after the starter is installed, but dosn't want to guarentee anything. Becuase it's from a school, he will sell it for around 450 can. which is an amazing deal. I'm just not too sure if i want to spend the money before I am 100% sure that the car will work. It's only got 170,000 kms on it (105,000 miles) so thats a pretty good sign.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

posted by  Fred Smalls

It sounds good to me, and if you know the bloke who's selling her is a tutor, he clearly knows what he's talking about. Maybe he doesn't want to guarentee anything due to it meing torn apart by college students? I assume that's where you're coming from anyway?

posted by  Cliffy

Yea that would be correct

posted by  Fred Smalls

Any more input would be great...

posted by  Fred Smalls

For 450 Canadian, I think it's worth it to take a risk. Worst case scenario: it doesn't run at all and you sell it to a junkyard. If you really like the car you're going to kick yourself for not getting it later on.:2cents:

posted by  giant016

Too late now sweet heart :wink2:

posted by  Bronxie

Why? unless I'm missing something? :thumbs: ......He probably wont be back anyway though, I guess....:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message