Smart Forfun2

Home  \  European Imports  \  Smart Forfun2

meet the Smart Forfun2, pronounced the Smart forfun to the second
http://www.askaprice.com/images/news/inhouse/2215-03.jpg
powered by a 85hp 6cyl 5.7litre engine from the mercedes Unimog, id say this would be fun to drive!!!
http://www.askaprice.com/torque-article.asp?article=Meet_the_one-off_%C2%B4 smart_forfun%C2%B4&item=2215

posted by  True_Brit

84 horsepower?!?! How does it move? lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I guessed that was a mistake, lol.....those things usually have higher outputs...they're diesel too, I believe!

Edit: I've just read the artical, apparently there's no mistake, lol. However, there's no mention of torque, which is what that engine is built for!

posted by  Cliffy

I checked the article too lol...Apparently, the engine puts out 191 lb-ft of torque...Is there a point to that engine? lol...

posted by  chris_knows

the unimog is one of the most well known commercial off roader in the world! great for towing, pulling etc even if the hp/torque is pretty low!
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/dennis/20060306/16/3653743243.jpg

posted by  True_Brit

After googling it, the Ford F150 with 300hp and 300lb-ft of torque can tow up to 16,000 lbs, but the Unimog, with the right hitch tows 45,000lbs...I call shenanigans on you and your British technological magic lol.

posted by  chris_knows

british??? its german! mercedes-smart!!!!

posted by  True_Brit

Ohh right lol...That explains it then...It's probably got some space-shuttle technology or something in there lol.

posted by  chris_knows

it is very technological but very simple too! its ment to be mercedes answer to a farm tractor

posted by  True_Brit

A tractor that can tow a tank!! lol.

posted by  chris_knows

yes, the german army work horse!:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

Smart began in switzerland.

Daimlerchrysler now owns it.

posted by  Bronxie

smart also make the smallest production diesel engine in the world!
(which is featured in european only Smart cars!)

posted by  True_Brit

my dealership may start selling these... one thing i learned about these you can actually buy new panels for it. so you can change its appearance withouw paint

posted by  mazda6man

and the seats!
pizza hut use them as delivery cars round here instead of the normal spotty teen in a rusty banger!
theyre quick too!

posted by  True_Brit

That's pretty cool looking, although kind of sad output for such a big engine. I have a 5.7L engine in my truck, but it puts out a lot more than 85hp.. and it's a V8.

posted by  car_crazy89

but, as it proves, its not all about power/torque etc, as chris_knows stated, its capable of pulling more weight than a Ford F150, with lots more power!

posted by  True_Brit

That's true.. and is quite surprising when you really think about it. It's just the thought of such a big engine size yet a rather small number for the performance stats.

posted by  car_crazy89

i agree with you, mercedes could have planted at least 200+bhp in that thing, after all, it is a large engine

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message