Bristol Fighter T

Home  \  European Imports  \  Bristol Fighter T

if this car was delimeted, the Bugatti has a competitor!!!!
http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=1232425
http://stb.msn.com/i/8C/21A46692B2A3DE59C4C693CDE92E6.jpg
one hell of a car id like to buy, but how would you get one when the company have no dealerships, no distributors and no salesman???

posted by  True_Brit

Lovely looking car. I've never been a fan of Brit cars, but obviously that's something quite special! I can't see more than a couple being made per year though!

posted by  Cliffy

if any at all, ive heard its one of the most aerodynamic cars of all time and thanks to the 8litre dodge v10, fast aswell!!!

posted by  True_Brit

Why is it the SSC Ultimate Aero TT and Koenigsegg ccR never get any love...just the bugatti?

posted by  Bronxie

I'm not sure I like the styling, but any idea if it's priced like a Bugatti Veyron?

posted by  elchango36

the Bristol S will go for around £255,000 GBP (i dont know what that is in USD?)
Wikipedia, Bristol Fighter T (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Fighter_%28car%29)

posted by  True_Brit

The SSC Ultimate Aero TT isn't finished yet, so it hasn't proven anything. The prototypes that have been tested have gotten terrible reviews.

The CCR isn't as fast or as extravagant as the Bugatti...nor is it backed by a big company who can lend out many test examples or do other promotional things for a car that big money can get. The CCR or SSC doesn't have the Veyron's awesome transmission either. Also, there has been some form of the Koenigsegg out since 1998 I believe. It has become old news to some, while the Veyron is a completely new vehicle.

The Bristol Fighter T looks ugly. You should show more angles to show everyone the horribly boring looking shape. It isn't elegant or lovely at all...to me at least. But I am GOLDEN.

posted by  My Life, My Era

http://www.classicdriver.com/upload/images/_uk/13180/img01.jpg
http://www2.auto.t-online.de/dyn/c/51/47/20/5147200,tid=i.jpg
http://www.autoblog.nl/images/wp/Bristol%20Fighter.jpg
and this is where it started!
http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/fam/images/BXHM0019t.jpg
I think its great looking car! although very bulbous, it is one of the most aerodynamic cars around with a drag co-efficient of 0.25! the old Audi 100 estate had less drag than that though! (just a random fact)
the top car is a fighter T, the others are standard fighters

posted by  True_Brit

I thought the Audi 100 estate had a .30 cd.

maybe it did!:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

The koenigsegg ccr set the speed record in 2005 at 249.3 mph, BEFORE the veyron and it did it on a CIRCULAR TRACK while the veyron did it on a 9km straightaway.

I take the CCR any day over the veyron, and for much less $$

BTW: The SSC looks bad in the sense that it has like a 42/58 weight distribution, but in terms of raw power...what compares?

posted by  Bronxie

Everyone knew the Veyron was coming to break the record, and it did like a month later....so no one respected the Koenigsegg's record.

Rear-biased weight distribution is ideal. ALL of the great supercars have a weight distribution close to 40/60. 50/50 isn't considered to be the best by high performance car designers.

id prefer a heavier rear! a little more grip for the back tires then!!!

posted by  True_Brit

That's ok you can stick my fat ass in the front and bring it back up to 50/50

posted by  Bronxie

In what car? In a car such as the Koenigsegsegsegsgegsggegsgsggsg or Veyron, you don't really need much more weight at the rear due to the engine layout and would need more at the front where possible. Of course it would be a bit different in a car with the engine at the front. Oh, and we spell 'tires' as tyres, lol. :laughing:

Love the sig by the way, Jamie/Gregg....It took me a while to notice the sidelights, lol

posted by  Cliffy

you have the trouble to spell the k......swede invention too!!!:laughing:
in a car like the fighter (front engine, RWD id prefer a heavier rear than a near 50 50) and i spelt 'tires' so the foriegners can understand:laughing:
oh and thanks for commenting on the sig!

posted by  True_Brit

I see where you're coming from with that setup in that case! It wasn't so much as I couldn't spell it (although I can't, from memory, lol), it was more of a piss take on TG, and the fact that I couldn't be bothered to check its spelling, lol

posted by  Cliffy

the more 1000hp cars are released, the more i wonder how many will have gotten into crashes. what the motor industry doesnt seem to understand is that most people who buy these monsters dont know how to drive them properly. the Ferrari Enzo already has a reputation, at least 3 have been crashed at high speeds that i know of. and that only had 650 hp

posted by  omegaV12

if you want a Bristol, the people at Bristol cars vet you before ou buy one! hey will say wether you can handle one or not, because on their records, in their existence in car manufacture, none of their cars have crashed!

posted by  True_Brit

I believe to own an Enzo (heard it somewhere?), one would have to posses a racing license....which would infact say that these individuals do infact know how to drive :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I don't know about the racing license thing...but...Ferrari chose who they sold the Enzo to.

....Ferrari chose who they sold the Enzo to. I assume that most of the Enzo customers are experienced supercar drivers. An automobile accident can happen to anyone. Also, most of these supercar manufacturers give a brief lesson on how to handle the car...so their customers aren't completely in the blind, even though I believe that most people interested in buying a SUPERcar have some experience with powerful vehicles. Supercar crashes are over exposed and the frequency of the crashes is probably exaggerated because of the amount of press a supercar crash gets. Everytime an Enzo has crashed, I've read about it. I haven't heard of any Veyron crashes.

I don't know what you expect of these supercar companies. How do you expect these companies to stay profitable AND build un-crashable supercars? Do you want them to screen their customers? What if you got rich, wanted a Lambo, and they told you..."nah, you ain't no f*ckin' Schumacher, we only sell to folks with a Schumacher-like background....". I don't know what you expect of these people, but whatever it is, it is ridiculous.

Oh, and power isn't the only factor that contributes to a dangerous car. I'm pretty sure that most people are less like to crash in a Veyron or an Enzo than in a Ferrari F40 or Lamborghini Countach. There were probably way more F40 and Countach crashes than Enzo and Veyron crashes combined...but back then they didn't have "exotic-car-crashes.com" to show you EVERY ****ING ONE.

Sissy.

Prince Naseem completely wrote off his SLR McLaren, he was branded suicidal by the judge who sentenced him for 15months!

posted by  True_Brit

I'm confused. What does this mean in respect to the topic? I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to know.

Also, why do you write like this!!!!

!!!
!!!!!!
!

just the fact that you were on about some people who do/dont know how to handle their supercars etc etc!
and i dont really know why i write with so many '!!!'..........!
i didnt think it would bother anyone to say the least.
:mrgreen:

posted by  True_Brit

When you were selected to buy an enzo or an f50, it wasn't like they just sent one to your house.

They took you on this huge factory trip and let you drive the car on european roads and I'm sure they offered driving lessons.

I believe a requirement was that you had to own other ferraris.

posted by  Bronxie

Your Message