83 BMW 533i

Home  \  European Imports  \  83 BMW 533i

I have one sitting in my driveway...my dad wants to sell it though, but I don't want to:banghead:

posted by  jollyroger

...Umm...Why are you telling us this?

posted by  chris_knows

I forgot to ask if anyone knows anything about this car stupid me forgetting and all:banghead:

posted by  jollyroger

your dad owns it,,,ask him!
to start off, its a nasty colour if its the one in your sig?

posted by  True_Brit

What do you need to know?

posted by  Mathew

Don't worry, no one will buy that piece of sh*t BEATER.

posted by  My Life, My Era

:orglaugh:thats all i can think of!

posted by  True_Brit

I would TRY to care what you say...but I didn't think dicks were able to talk

posted by  jollyroger

He isn't really being a dick though, those cars sell for about $2,000...

posted by  chris_knows

price doesn't matter dude... have you people ever even been in one of these cars? these things can destroy at least 85% of these damn jap cars you see...and they can beat any american car...sure, not on a starightaway but if they race on a track with alot of turns, fords,chevys,toyotas,nissans,mitsubushis,,and subarus won't even come close...ahh **** it damn ricers have to be in one or get beat by one to understand...why do you thing jap cars are around $25,000 new and BMW's are around $50,000 new? yeah what now lol

posted by  jollyroger

Fixed (grammatically).

85% of the Japanese cars we see? The most common Japanese cars include the Camry, Civic, Accord, etc. Some (Not all) would be able to beat that car on a track. The BMW had about 180hp I believe, most of the $35,000 (Not $50,000) paid for it went towards the interior, which does look nice. From what I understand, the car had weaker low-end acceleration, but did pretty well at higher speeds (Past 50mph). I believe you that it would handle better (BMW's generally have good weight distribution).

However, for arguments sake, if you were to put it against a mid to early 1980s Ford Mustang GT, which would cost about the same, the race would be pretty close (Not sure which would win). The Mustang was also a lot cheaper new. I agree that the car was great, but maintenance on it still isn't very cheap and it's somewhat not reliable. The main benefit, that I see, to a 24 year old car is that it is done depreciating. Toyota doesn't make many racing cars, but an old Supra, from 1985 for example, could probably beat the BMW. A Nissan 240SX or Subaru Impreza, again for around the same price, would be pretty close too, with MSRPs much lower than the BMW. I don't think Mitsubishi has any cars that can compete though. There are many cars that can beat it, but it wasn't made for racing, it was made for luxury.

posted by  chris_knows

funny thing is, every ricer we raced on the highway (mostly nissans) and every truck (v-8 rams hemi's) always got smoked...then we got a new radio,and thats when 'the incident' happened when we went to race a honda and an impala.the impala got smoked. the car we were in (the bmw) had so much torque that the radio was sliding out of its slot. our mechanic (theo, R.I.P.) lost the peice for it, so I had to hold the radio in place, and THEN my dad beat thehonda. the car is NOT a peice of shit. funny thing is, its mostly stock. we got a performance differential in it, a K&N air filter,bilstein shocks, and racing dynamics sway bars. it is NOT a peice of sh*t beater

posted by  jollyroger

Your argument might be more persuasive if you used proper spelling and punctuation, and didn't finish your posts with ":fu:".

posted by  chris_knows

so now you're taking away my rights as an american? i got 3 words for ya' freedon of speech. you can't tell me how to talk(actually u can I don't have to listen though) and I can't tell you. the way I'm seeing things here, you some of you people wouldn't know a good car even if it gave you a swift kick in the ass!!! and because you can't control what I click on with my mouse

posted by  jollyroger

What the f*ck are you talking about? Where did I say not to type like that? Point it out. Who the f*ck do you think I am to take away anyone's rights? What I did say is that it would be much better if you typed properly, because people might actually consider reading what you spew. I think you're abusing your right to freedom of speech.
What I'm saying is that when you type like that, you seem imbecilic. There is a difference between freedom of speech and common courtesy. Also, rumour on these forums has it that every ":fu:" emoticon you use, your IQ drops 3 points. Just from this thread, you're down to the low 50's.

posted by  chris_knows

There ya go, I fixed it for you....No more ":fu:'s ". Now shut the hell up, knobhead.

posted by  Cliffy

ha ha,,, knobhead:orglaugh:

posted by  True_Brit

What did you edit in my post? I can't notice any differences lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Probably just the quote of our friends post that contained the FU smillie, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Ohh lol thanks.

posted by  chris_knows

oh no, I'm so afraid of losing my IQ *shakes in boots* I'm allowed to type whatever I want to type, and remember, when you judge people, you got ALOT more people judging you right back...and oh yeah,:fu:

posted by  jollyroger

I don't care what people think of me...I care when people piss me off and try to act like they know everything when they can't spell two consecutive words correctly.

posted by  chris_knows

Erm no, that's where you're wrong. No matter what you think, or what ever anybody else tells you, you have to abide by certain rules, even if they're 'unwritten rules' that are more common sense based than anything else. When driving your "car" do you do 100mph and say "hey, I can do what ever I like...It's my car"? No, you don't, because with that attitude you wouldn't have your license for very long. Now, do yourself a favour and reflect on your actions here at CF. Forget about what everybody else has said to you here, I understand that 'My Life, My Era' provoked you somewhat in this thread, but you are not without fault, and your atitude with regards to using a certain smillie could also be seen as provocative.

posted by  Cliffy

Worst. Thread. Ever.

posted by  Zalight

If a cop pulls me over(or tries!!!) he'd have a REAL hard time catching me cuz they tried to get my dad once...and they failed,BIGTIME!!! I also dont give a shit what poeple think of me...JUST in case you haven't noticed...

posted by  jollyroger

Ok, I've tried to be nice. You're clearly one of those "12yr olds" who thinks that daddy's car is the muts nuts and that they're immune to any laws or rules of the road. You just keep on thinking that. You obviously come from a criminal background, and mummy and daddy clearly haven't brought you up well. Congrats to them.

posted by  Cliffy

I dont think theyd have a very hard time catching you in that peice of shit BMW.

posted by  Enthusiast

You know what I hate? People that insult cars because their owners or fans are retards. The older 5 series can be great cars. Ask Bav.

http://www.e34.szm.sk/files/nasubi02.jpg

http://www.bmworg.ru/img/cars/e28_misc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/MeSs/518/26%20Mai/IMG_1570.jpg

Not just outstanding sedans in their day, they are great used car bargains today, and still capable as performance sedans in M5 and 533i/535i forms. A lot of owners regularly track their cars, and they are still successful competitors.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2214/imag00131ks.jpg

Just because this guy acts like an ignorant douche is no reason to be insulting about those cars in general. NO reason.

posted by  ChrisV

Wasnt insulting the line just this one, it looks liek shit.
I like them especiall the one in bavs signature, I do beleive it runs a BMW V12.
I like the old BMWs. Wyatt a friend of mine was talking about buyin an older M# (e29 maybe BMWS and their damn numbers) To turn solely into a track car.

If I had one though Id shop the top just a little but some. Those damn windows are HUGE!

posted by  Enthusiast

You are only going by a tiny frontal pic in his avatar. How do we know what it's like all around? Did he post large pics somewhere I haven't seen? It's his dad's car, after all. It might be in great shape. Unless it's beat up, dented, and rusted, it's not worth insulting the car.

And you weren't the only one. This is a pet peeve of mine.

:smoke:

posted by  ChrisV

I thought I remebered him posting pics up and it was like a brown or dark dark maroon, and it looked like shit, maybe Im thinking wrong forum.

posted by  Enthusiast

You know what I hate? People who argue against another person's opinion. There was this dude once that swore to God no one really likes manual transmissions...

posted by  What

I really like manual transmissions.

posted by  Enthusiast

Know what else I hate, people like you that don't even get the message right. I never said anything like that; if that's what you took from it, it proves you only have two brain cells to put together.

Get a f &*^% clue, moron.

posted by  ChrisV

BTW, you argue against people's opinions all the time when you tell them they are wrong. Hell, you argued against jollyroger's opinion earlier in the thread. And you didn't bitch about ANYONE in this thread arguing against his opinion. Only when someone argued against YOUR opinion. Hmmm.... not JUST a moron, you are also a hypocritical one.

STFU, asswipe.

posted by  ChrisV

You must be that dude.

I didn't argue against his opinion, I said that he shouldn't worry about his car being sold because it is likely that no one will buy the piece of sh*t. That wasn't, like, arguing...that was, like, me giving my opinion. Well maybe it could be taken as me arguing against his belief that his car would be sold. But clearly, I didn't take it to your level of disagreement that manual transmission cars aren't as satisfactory as the people on this forum believe it to be.

posted by  What

No, you just plain out insulted him.:screwy:

posted by  newyorker

Who are you? Why do you feel like you can speak to me?

posted by  What

know what I hate? people who get in moot arguments over the internet and take up my time wading through 14 year old bs to get to the actual substance of the post

posted by  chillin92386

Oh...so who in your household is making you visit CF?...I was under the impression that if you don't want to be here, you don't have to be....:screwy:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message