2008 911 gt2

Home  \  European Imports  \  2008 911 gt2

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2008-porsche-911-gt2-997-future.html

For those who don't know what a GT2 is, it's basically a 911 turbo w/ RWD and tuned for more hp than the Turbo.

The 996 (last gen.) gt2 made 477hp, weighed about 1440kg, but cost almost $200k!

It looks similar to the Turbo except minor changes in the front fascia and the distinct rear spoiler.

Funny that they try to camo the Porsche badge...like it makes a difference.

posted by  Bronxie

on the new GT3 RS, the badges are stickers to save on weight!
but i dislike porsches except for the GT3!
(or the similar RUF RGT)

posted by  True_Brit

As much as I like that car....It just seems to be more of the same where Porsche is concerned. :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I can see big things happening between this, the supercharged vette of tomorrow, and the new viper

funny how this might be just as fast but ittl be twice as expensive
not trying to sound like I dont like porsche's (I actually plan on owning a 80's 911 sometime)

posted by  nighthawk

Yeah, but Dodge and Chevy admittedly cut corners to keep the price down.

Those vehicles are intended to be at a lower price, otherwise you would be seeing a 4 valve per cylinder Viper engine w/ some nice electronic driving aids :)

Of course, I'm sure Porsche jacks up the price a bit because they can.

It's basically a RWD 911 turbo...probably ever Porsche guy's dream.

posted by  Car hippie

i saw a nice car yesterday (race car really), someone converted an old beetle and put a 911 Carrera S engine in it!!! it sounded nice, and was astonishingly quick!!!
(where i work, theres a long stretch of road, about 1/2 to 3/4 mile long and road users use it like a drag strip :laughing: )

posted by  True_Brit

when i lived in scottsdale AZ,i got a chance to drive a gt2, think it was an o5. very very fun, and it sounded amazing. it was probably the most yellow thing i have ever seen. that porshce yellow is hawt. we also had a blue one at my work

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message