Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Home  \  European Imports  \  Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Is the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder's body made of carbon fibre? If so, would it be able to not have a Lamborghini not painted, just the canbonfibre showing?

posted by  Astino

the body isn't made of carbon fiber..... the only car that comes to mind that has the body made from Carbon Fiber is the Porsche Carrera GT. I have no clue about the paint thing though... Probably possible with a special order.

posted by  V-Tec

the ferrari F40 doesnt come into mind then??? the paint on that was so thin you can see the carbon fibre!

posted by  True_Brit

While the Gallardo Superleggera isn't entirely made of carbon fiber, it's got plenty of body parts that are.

Click for news article (http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera.html)

posted by  elchango36

i dont know that much about the F40...

posted by  V-Tec

neither do i, i dont like ferrari! not even lambo but the gallardo spyder really takes my liking for it (in the light blue they have:drool: )

http://www.timpelen.com/images/cars/gallardo_spyder_img05.jpg

posted by  True_Brit

I dont like the look of the Ferrari F40. the ugly rear wing, and it isnt sleek like new exotics.

posted by  Astino

The car wasn't meant to look nice. It was meant to be a light sports car. They were so concerned with weight that there's no door handle even! lol.

BTW I think the F40 is pretty sexy.

posted by  chris_knows

thers no carpets either, or lining, not even a gator!
but i do know that the v10 in the gallardo is based on Audi's old straight-5 design. The engine was split again to become the straight-5 engine found in the new Volkswagen Jetta. The 5.0 L engine (basically the same engine featured in Audi's S6 and S8 models) is a current Audi 4.2 L V8 (featured in Audi's S4, A6, A8, and Q7 models) with two extra cylinders added and a slightly smaller bore diameter, apart from Gallardo named after the spanish fighting bull, it also means in spanish "Gallant"

posted by  True_Brit

If I ever made a car, I would make it sound like some powerful word, but in English. Something like Slaughter. There's a manly word :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

WHAT YOU CAN DO IS MAKE COPIES OF ALL THE STEEL BODY PANELS IN CARBON FIBRE AND PLACE THEM ON THE CAR , YOU NEED A PERSON WHO'S QUALIFIED TO MAKE CARBON FIBRE TO MAKE IT OR ELSE IT WONT BE AS STRONG , CARBON FIBRE IS 10X STRONGER THAN STEEL AND 3X LIGHTER (IN SOME SURCUMSTANCES) LIKE YOU NEED A PERSON WHO MAKES CARBON FIBRE BODY PANELS FOR THE F1 RACE CARS.
THE F1 INTERIOR SHELL CAN WITHSTAND A 200+MPH CRASH INTO A SOLID CONCRETE WALL AND IF ITS DONE RIGHT U CAN WALK AWAY WITH NO INJURIES. F1 CARS CAN GO FROM 0-100-0 IN A LITTLE OVER 4SECS THATS ZERO TO 100 AND BACK DOWN TO ZERO IN A LITTLE OVER 4 SECONDS ITS AMAZING. . .

posted by  HYLT00N

no.... you need someone capable to make it as strong. Qualifications don't always translate into skills. You might need someone qualified to make it LEGAL.

posted by  windsonian

Your Message