Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Home  \  European Imports  \  Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Just read a road test artical in a car mag about the revised Porche Cayenne Turbo, and it was shocking to say the least, I guess it'll never see any Off-Road conditions really, apart from maybe a gravel driveway, and the £74,659 price tag must mean this is something special! 0-60 takes 5.1-secs and the top speed is 171mph apparently! Following are some pics of it.

Pics (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=217294)

posted by  Cliffy

I don't see the point of an SUV that can do 170 and gets 12/20mpg...And why a soccer mom would need 500 horsepower lol.

posted by  chris_knows

It's an image thing I believe.....they don't want their kids to see the world when they grow up, lol. I actually don't think any manufaturer builds a vehicle for the purpose of going off road anymore....apart from maybe the likes of the Land Rover Defender and possibly the Mercedes G-wagon?......I guess that's why even we in the UK call them SUV's now....:2cents:

posted by  Cliffy

Some Jeeps are capable too, but not many people use them for that. Nobody wants to climb a mountain with their car (anymore) lol.

Another thing that pisses me off is cross-overs. Is it a car or an SUV? lol

EDIT: Subaru also makes some pretty practical off-road vehicles.

posted by  chris_knows

The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 performs slightly better than this thing for $40k and the 2006 Hennessey SRT600 Jeep SRT8 kills every SUV for $68,700.

But the Hennessey is a modified car and well...some would say "not fair". But real life tells me "fair". The mindframe of the enthusiast-forum member...

Motor Trend got the 600hp Hennessey Grand Cherokee to 60mph in 3.4 seconds.

http://images.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_0704_01l+2006_hennessey_srt6 00_jeep_srt8+front_side_view.jpg

posted by  What

that big deep bumper and the side skirts turns that into a soft roader, it doesnt have enough ground clearance!!!

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message