Ferrari SUV?!?

Home  \  European Imports  \  Ferrari SUV?!?

Apparently Ferrari are set to copy Porsche. Looks very similar, too! Yep, they plan on making an SUV. I have copy/pasted the following article from my usual source...

Clicky! (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=235992) for picy!

posted by  Cliffy

I'm not going to believe that until Ferrari says something about it.

It looks way too similar to the Cayenne, so I'm doubtful.

posted by  chris_knows

Stranger things have happened....Or have they? I have a sneaky feeling that if it is produced, there will be alot of part swapping going on! I'm not so sure about the AWD system though....I think Porsche would be a safer bet than Mercedes :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

I smell BS! Anybody can see that's nothing but a photoshopped 599 GTB Fiorano.

posted by  elchango36

It's not an official picture, and nobody said it was a photo....It's just what they predict it would look like if produced. I guess info is gained from insiders etc.

posted by  Cliffy

Ferrari will never make an SUV! Blasphemy!:cussing:

posted by  elchango36

Thats what Porsche said right before the Tuareg rolled out onto the assembly line and pre-sold like hotcakes. Don't ever you doubt the greedy intentions of wealthy businessmen. Its an unhealthy practice that will lead you to many years of sorrow and confusion.

But don't take it from me, go ahead and put your faith in the automobile market. Its as stable as can ever be....

posted by  DSMer

Did you know that ferrari made an estate wagon?? Only 2 of them I believe its called the 456 Estate

posted by  newyorker

Yes, this?

http://www.autozine.org/Misc/Article/brunei/Ferrari_456GT_estate.jpg

posted by  Cliffy

Looks to me like a Fiorano and a CX9 met.

Theyd have to do something revolutionary for an SUV for me to not loose complete faith in ferrari.

posted by  Enthusiast

I find it increasingly funny how you can have faith in a company's car structure of which non you have owned, nor have you probably ever driven. $250,000 sports cars are a le...hooooong way away from your beloved F-Body's.

I'll stake the odds that Ferrari could make a crappy SUV and still bounce back regardless to what the millions of peons think. Your "faith" in Ferrari. HAH! You have got to kidding me. Thats almost as erroneous as my faith in god...

On second thought, its more erroneous, at least I have a decent chance of being heard by someone it could actually effect. :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

Ive driven 2 ferraris both 360s and sadly I didnt get to drive either of them hard.

In its current and past state, I would never own a ferrari. I like them from a techinical standpoint but wouldnt want to deal with on.

I never said that what I thought of ferrari meant anything, you should You should take a class in reading comprehension.

Apparently by your standards, My comments mean nothing because a F-body and Ferrari are nothing alike. This means, everything you say should be taken as fact, given DSMs are probably the only car less reliable than a ferrari.

posted by  Enthusiast

You'd never own a Ferrari because you can't afford one. Don't get the facts twisted. GM F-Body's aren't the greatest cars ever created, but you still own one of them even though they can suffer from the same problems that any Ferrari can. Simply because you CAN afford one. They are just cars, nothing more... Again I stress, what would you know about the longevity of something you've never owned?

Your comment means nothing because you claimed that you could loose faith in a company that sells things you can't afford. I already stated this. It appears that my reading comprehension isn't subject to approval, rather it is you who needs the validation.

Everything I say should be taken as fact. You should know this seeing as that you're possibly the most knowledgeable person I've ever come in contact with. If and WHEN(theres the key word) I decide to buy a Ferrari, I will make it my greatest concern to contact you for your worthy and valid opinion.

posted by  DSMer

I never said my comment meant anything so get off it.

And yes my LT1 may be able to suffer from the same thing as ferrraris troublesome V8s, but they are much less likely too.
Go to 6speedonline and maybe you can get educated or shit go talk to people you know who own ferraris. They will all tell you ferraris ARE NOT RELIABLE.
When was the last time you saw a 200K mile original longblock ferrari that still ran like it was supposed to. Cause I can think of 3 local LT1s with that many miles on stock longblocks. All of these still run great. One of them we did a compression test and leakdown test on last year and it was great,aroud 210 psi across all 8 cylinders. Hes now been spraying a 150 wet shot for something like 11K miles and still kickin.

Whens the last time a ferrari did that. And Im aware they arent driven as much, but you know as well as all of us, they dont last if driven. Lamborghinis at least there V10 are much more maintenace free.

I never claimed my F-body was the greatest car ever created. I like it, thats why I drive it.

posted by  Enthusiast

This is the beginning of the end for Ferrari. What's next Ferrari Estate???

posted by  m0n0x!de

Your Message