Ferrari Enzo

Home  \  European Imports  \  Ferrari Enzo

I've been looking at random pictures of this car, and for the life of me, every picture of the Enzo that I have found has been an automatic... I cannot manage to find an Enzo stick shift. One would think there would be very few automatic ferrari's, and mostly manuals.. but I cant seem to find an interior picture of an Enzo showing the shifter or the clutch pedal...

posted by  lvshorty610

That's mainly because, as the Enzo is a super car it will have either a Semi-Automatic with paddle shift (F1 style) or a full auto. I think it'll stil have a manual option though! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I think that it either has the fully auto or the paddles...

posted by  StiMan

an auto enzo will out perform pretty much most super tricked manual cars. I don't think they are available with manual, you eather get a paddle shifter or full auto. and for 500k-600k you should not have to shift.

posted by  Jason

I saw an Enzo in person this past spring break in Ft. Lauderdale FL. They have paddle shifters (at least the one I saw did).

By the way if anyone gets Car and Driver(p33), The annual Supercar challenge in MI on June 27 is looking for one of the 100 people in the US with a Enzo to "step forward". They want to pit it against the other high performance superscars out there. I told them that I was having mine washed and waxed that weekend.

posted by  Voda48

Try a cool million here in the states!

posted by  Voda48

Didnt I just say that?

posted by  StiMan

Yeah, it looks like these cars have the paddle shifters... even so, Im thinking I'd still like to drive a full manual transmission. With a car like that, can you paddle shift into neutral? The one thing about cars with stick shifts, is you you want to race it, or test its acceleration, you can floor the gas pedal in first gear with the clutch in, and then just let go of the clutch and you'll go flying out of there.

Since I dont know too much about how the paddle shifts work, can you do something similar to that with a paddle shift?

I really love this car, so im throwing in lots of pictures:
The Enzo:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_23_ful l.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_24_ful l.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_25_ful l.jpg

The WIDE car
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_26_ful l.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_20_ful l.jpg

The V12, 660 horsepower. Check out the shocks on the engine :hi:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_11_ful l.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_12_ful l.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/376000-376999/376457_30_ful l.jpg

posted by  lvshorty610

I've never driven a car with a paddle shift before, however, if it's anything like a semi-auto, you wont be able to do what you can with a manual. With a standard auto, if in drive, the car will move by itself with your foot off the brake peddle, with a semi-auto, to car wont move untill you apply some gas. Also, the shifts are smoother than that of an automatic. The only downside to a paddle shift that I know of is that the car tends to lurch when down shifting...I'd still prefer a manual though :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

THAT ENZO HAS TEXAS PLATES! Must find it using DMV records...
(thinks to self: who in Texas can really pay for such a vehicle?)

posted by  StiMan

<-----hates the styling of the Enzo...prefers the Carrera GT. :drool:

posted by  SuperJew

Paddle Shift?

I don't like the Enzo :screwy:

posted by  DodgeRida67

<---------drools over the styling of both Enzo and Carrera GT.

posted by  vwmaniac

<------------ agrees with SJ but would still take the Enzo for free :mrgreen:

posted by  Voda48

I like the styling on both the enzo and the gt... I also love da paddles! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

the guy who owns that enzo commented on something to the effect of the fact that he didnt bother editing out the lisence plates, because it isnt registered under their name. He keeps it registered under his business, and so does pretty much everyone else who drives an enzo. They register under their business for privacy purposes... and if you trace the car, youll only trace it to the business the guy works at. You can't find out where the guy lives that way...

posted by  lvshorty610

Yuc....paddles should stay where they belong........on boats :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

so are you saying you wouldn't take one if offered??

posted by  Voda48

Of cause I'd take one if offered....I said I didn't like the paddles, I've no objections to the car...just the paddles :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

good........i was wondering about your sanity there for a minute. :wink2:

posted by  Voda48

I never said I was sane... :tard: :guns: :ticking:= :ohcrap: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

just to show that you can find anything on eBay:

Enzo 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18180&item=24764825 59&rd=1)
damn over 2 million.

Enzo 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2477712 195&category=6212)
This one is Saudi Arabia. Lucky oil baron.

posted by  Voda48

Wow...good old Ebay huh :thumbs: ...I wonder how long that would last outside my house.....not very long, believe me lol :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

I wouldnt want it. Anyone who pays over 2 million for a car has a sign over their head and it reads "Dumbass". I could think of craploads of better things to spend it on.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Well it is the quickest car in the world. (That is that I know of... perhaps that Konisegg that yall know of can beat a 3.2 0-60)

posted by  StiMan

It does haul ass that is a fact! I know that car would have to have a hidden entrance like the batcave or else people would be camping outside the gararge waiting for the door to open so they could catch a glimpse.

posted by  Voda48

yeah... the koenigsegg does 0-100 km/h in 3.2 and the enzo does 0-60 in 3.3.

i don't know the exact differences between the distances, but that's pretty damn close. From what i have read, the koenigsegg is way more powerful (806 bhp vs 660) and about 200 kg lighter... idk why it wouldn't beat the enzo hands down... but, obviously there's some reason

at any rate, super cars are ridiculous... :2cents:

posted by  JeffGodOfBiskut

gotta love that interior in the enzo :puke:

posted by  importluva

I read in some car magazine a few months ago and was looking at the stats on a Corvette and it said 0-60: 2.0

posted by  DodgeRida67

i think what you must have read was somethin like a corvette version of the hennesse (sp) viper, a super version of the car. The stock corvette only does like a 4.5 0-60 (only, lol) :2cents:

I never said it was a stock version. :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

2.0??? I don't believe it. I mean I have heard of many different kinds of Vettes, but I doubt one that goes 0-60 in 2 secs. Please try to find this article
The Twin-Turbo Callaway Corvette 4.44s
The Snake skinner 3.87s (my fav)
http://home.ripway.com/2004-3/84054/ss-2.jpg
There is even the Blue Devil, A SUPER C6 with 625hp at 2900lbs with the 427!!!
But I don't think that was 2.0 secs either

posted by  Voda48

Hey Dodge I am waiting. What is this 2.0s Corvette it has really got me intrested

posted by  Voda48

I meant stock cars....

posted by  StiMan

Not even that fast... it does it in 4.9 just like the STi....

posted by  StiMan

It's called the Sledgehammer, and makes 1200 hp. It's a beast. I think it's got something like an 8 liter engine or something.

EDIT: Actually I was wrong. It's just some guy who modified his vette to 1200 hp (normally aspirated). I could have sworn I heard something about it, but whatever. Anyway, here is a link to the 1200 hp vette. phil.tobin.net/Hoover/top.html

Edit by Cliffy: I just put that link in 'url' tabs for ya..so It's clickable, that's the 'edit' you see :thumbs:

posted by  abless

How can a 1200 hp car be a daily driver? :screwy: :screwy: :2cents: :thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Hey abless, does it go 0-60 in 2s? I mean that is fast as heck for a car with no NOS no Supercharger. Bet it odesn't do to well at the pump. How many miles to the gallon you think that thing gets?? A better estimate would be how many 1/4 miles to the gallon :laughing:

posted by  Voda48

i can't imagine that it could be as bad as that ridiculous bugatti veyron or w/e...
1.33 gallons per minute accoriding the the manufacturers. Talk about ridiculous.

i guess maybe that's reasonably descent if you are going 250 mph, but stilll ridiculous.

If you read thru the whole site one learns that infact it has NOS...

posted by  StiMan

Ya but it isn't going at that speed for long!

posted by  Voda48

What are you talking about. Right under the link for the time slips its says: "All Motor, No NOS, No Supercharger!" :screwy:

posted by  Voda48

NOS? Why do you keep calling it NOS? That's one of the orginal companies that made the systems. Lay off the Fast & Furious crap. :screwy:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Are they still sung the cable besed system or have they swichted over to electronic acutators?? the old padles were horid for rd driving.

posted by  cinqyg

Mark this day down, im going to agree with dodge! NO(2)

posted by  cinqyg

The f*ck? What am I some sort of damn joke to you people? :cussing: :banghead: :evil: :ticking:

posted by  DodgeRida67

LOL it would seem so. BY the way what is the Vette that goes 2s?

posted by  Voda48

yeah but so am i so ur among company, even if we dont get on all the time

posted by  cinqyg

It was in a magazine. Car & Driver or Road & Track. Probably Road & Track. Ill do some searching and get back to you.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Thanks I would appreciate that!

posted by  Voda48

It was Motor Trend. This is the one I believe.

And for the link...

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0304_fast/

posted by  DodgeRida67

Gregg I hate to do this, but:
From the site: "Full weight Daily Driver, No Boost, No Juice"
From the site again: "This was quick enough to beat brother’s Super Rammed 89 who immediately bough Nitrous Oxide. Naturally, I had to counter with my own Nitrous system, a wet plate system from NOS. Back to the track. This time Hoover cracked a 12.24 @ 114. That NOS sure works good!"

The "No Boost" I think refers to the lack of a Turbo...

posted by  StiMan

Yes u are...

posted by  StiMan

Huh I failed to see this on the site. Thanks for pointing it out!

posted by  Voda48

It's all good!

posted by  StiMan

yo Nitrous Oxide in symbol form isnt NO2...its N2O, because the "Nitrous" means the lowest oxidation state of -1, and an O atom has an oxidation state of +2. to make the oxidation states equal, there needs to be two molecules of N, therefore making N2O

posted by  SuperJew

Oh sh*t not Chemistry. Man I hate that subject. I do however like Organic Chem. Tell me how does that work? :screwy:

posted by  Voda48

beats me...i hate chem too. we had a brief unit on biochemistry in bio last year...thats all i know about organic chem.

posted by  SuperJew

oops typo buring a bit of the midnight oil at the time

posted by  cinqyg

:stupid:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ok... I am completely stumped....

posted by  StiMan

:stupid:

posted by  DodgeRida67

1) I have yet to have Chem
2) Will you stop using that icon?

posted by  StiMan

1) OK.
2) No.

posted by  DodgeRida67

he he he he

posted by  cinqyg

Post whores..... :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :tomato:

posted by  Cliffy

Ok Steveo, NOS is a company that makes a product that we know as Nitrous Oxide. Nitrous give the boost. Anyways how it breaks down is simply all molecules* follow the rule of octet. They want to have 8 valence electrons in their outer-most shell*. This is the most stable config. Oxygen (O) the element has 6 thus it is searching for 2 more to fill the requirement of 8. Thus Nitrogen (N) which has is looking for one more electron would need two N to balance out O. These molecules, 2 N and 1 O form Ionic bonds. it looks like

N:O:N essentially, two Nitrogen per one Oxygen

*this isnt always the case. It depends on what elements you are dealing w/, some only have s-shells and thus dont fulfill the rule of octet. IE other info that is stupid and made to mess students up

Hope I got that right. I started drinking a couple hours ago :mrgreen:

posted by  Voda48

[QUOTE=Voda48]Ok Steveo, NOS is a company that makes a product that we know as Nitrous Oxide. Nitrous give the boost. Anyways how it breaks down is simply all molecules* follow the rule of octet. They want to have 8 valence electrons in their outer-most shell*. This is the most stable config. Oxygen (O) the element has 6 thus it is searching for 2 more to fill the requirement of 8. Thus Nitrogen (N) which has is looking for one more electron would need two N to balance out O. These molecules, 2 N and 1 O form Ionic bonds. it looks like

N:O:N essentially, two Nitrogen per one Oxygen

*this isnt always the case. It depends on what elements you are dealing w/, some only have s-shells and thus dont fulfill the rule of octet. IE other info that is stupid and made to mess students up

Yeah ish but you didnt explain about the change in the molecules enviroment, ie temp, presure, light, concentration of a catlyst or exitance of an exitation agent, for that matter activation energy.

he he he, ferrari chemistry thred

posted by  cinqyg

Sooo lost....

posted by  StiMan

Here a picture from my collection - and always on the search for new pictures with hei?n cars and hei?n Girls! More pictures gives it in our forum of the left in addition is completely down - however you m?st you announce around all forums read to k?nen. Gru?Eisbeer

http://www.i-tuning.ru/img/galery/car%20and%20girls/53.jpg

posted by  Eisbeer

man, if i owned that car, i would b!tchslap that girl :evil: , and fix those wheels. otherwise, sweet sweet car.

posted by  importluva

well i adgree she shouldnt be doing that, but she is hot

posted by  cinqyg

Man, That girl can do whatever she wants to :drool:

posted by  Voda48

Lol... He he... The only problem I got with it is her feet doin something to the wax/ cover of the car... making foot prints and such...

posted by  StiMan

xactly. wtf is she doin anyway, cleaning her nails? :banghead:

posted by  importluva

Painting them I think... :2cents: :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Do you think her left hand is put there for any Reason :drool:

posted by  Car Nirvana

eh eh eh

posted by  Car Nirvana

Your Message