you have to admit, this is the sheer pinnacle of Britich engineering :mrgreen:

posted by  dommo

Speed and style,

Try the VX220/ Lotus Exige, best fun you can have for the price of a mundarno

posted by  cinqyg

Hows about a car from a non-American Car Company- owned- company? :banghead:
(Did that make any sense??)

posted by  StiMan

define american, if its were the company is registered for tax, then its american. but do you really care how car companies pay there tax?

DB9 oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh whos the daddy

posted by  cinqyg

http://ford.com/en/default.htm
I am talking about how when one goes to thier site you can simply click on Aston Martin BECAUSE IT IS OWNED BY FORD!!! TRY IT OUT IF YOU WISH.... THUS THE URL!!! :banghead: :cussing:

posted by  StiMan

rofl :laughing:

posted by  importluva

Who owes ford mateee? you and i and a load of pension companies. So if 2 oil shakes 51% or more does that make ford saudi arabian?

posted by  cinqyg

now i doubt that will ever happen (and i believe its sheik)
40% of ford is owned by Bill Ford. Then comes the line of ford executives that own quite a lot, so it should never come to that.

Having said that, if you really do own ford stock, maybe you should choose more wisely.

posted by  importluva

but you see my point. naaah dont own any of ford, who would really want to!

posted by  cinqyg

yes, you make a valid point.

posted by  importluva

Umm... what does "rofl" mean... ???

posted by  StiMan

Rolls On Floor Laughing...I believe :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

yea, cmon stiman, basic aim skillz>you

posted by  importluva

Yup...basic internet lingo....although I didn't know any of that this time last year either :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

well, may be we should have a internet lingo thred.

posted by  cinqyg

Ahh... I see... ok... umm... But this isnt AIM now is it? :screwy: :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

tru tru, but it doesnt hurt to be informed. i dunno how old you are, but even cliffy, being the old geezer that he is, knows a few. :mrgreen:

posted by  importluva

I expect he doesnt think of himself as a Geezer....

posted by  StiMan

this should be interesting :mrgreen:

posted by  importluva

Well he has yet to reply, so....

posted by  StiMan

Mat be some one needs to tell him

posted by  cinqyg

No.. he willl find it when he wants to...

posted by  StiMan

oh well, cliffy will read it eventually.

posted by  importluva

So what was this post about again? I forgot what the topic was here.

posted by  Voda48

lol.....eventually has arrived my friend....Um....geezer's ok....less of the old though please lol :thumbs: :hi: :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

when are you old?

Im 21 going on 47 so am i old?

posted by  cinqyg

Indeed you are, yes lol..I'm 21 going on 22 :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well so he comes....

posted by  StiMan

yeah hes old:p

posted by  cinqyg

aston martins are classy cars..built with real craftsmanship though not as fast as ferrari. I still think they look the business as this attachment proves.

posted by  fukwit

TVR is the only car company in Britain that is not partly or fully owned by a company from a different country. It's fully independent, and it makes some pretty sweet cars!
http://www.heimsnet.is/rj2/hi/car-tvr.jpg

posted by  moostang104314

TVR are just the blackpool best!!!. i love even the old Tuscan models :) they are the only cars that represent a true british sports car. im sorry but aston martins fail to impress me.. its just aristicratical ponce crap! bond james bond! :sleep: Yea ok ill take the TVR over an aston martin anyday. the build quality might not be the best. but as for styling power and generally what it is a pure breed car ill take the TVR.. plus they dont cost nearly as much.. and i think its more creditable to be in a TVR.

posted by  Lukaz

Ok news flash TVR are now owned buy a Russian millionaire :ohcrap:
and TVR were never the 'only car company in Britain that is not partly or fully owned by a company from a different country.' Just to list a few Marcos, Morgan, Noble, Caterham, Radical, Ariel and Palmer :thumbs:

posted by  Car Nirvana

Noble are very much like TVR. There both very quick on there Feet. both unfortunatly lack build quality badly!!! ive never been in a TVR but i have been in a Noble GTO n woooo So very very quick acceration and very impressive handling. Shame about the build quality still it really lets the car down.. n im still not to fond of mondeo lights

posted by  Lukaz

What about Morgan? Morgan is an English icon, but done a bit quiet now!?

posted by  lutz

I read Autocar and Evo and i have never read anything questioning the 'build quality' of a Noble, they do say the interior is a bit cheep for a £50,000 car but thats it. Also they have said loads about TVR's reliability but not the 'build quality'
Anyhow I would have any Aston Martin, TVR or Noble over the competition :thumbs:

Dont worry Lutz Morgan is still 100% british and are as strong as ever :wink2:

posted by  Car Nirvana

You guys are living in the past with the Noble. Get down on some DB7 Vanquish action. Now thats a car with true class, style, and performance; and I could care less if Bin Laden himself owned it. Its still a great car....

posted by  DSMer

Whats so 'in the past' about the Noble and if your comparing it with the DB7, WELL the DB7 uses the Jag XJS platform and the XJS dates from 1975. However dont get me wrong the DB7 is a fantastic car wether in L6 or V12 form. I would have it over a 355 or 360 anyday.
And by the way there is no such thing as a 'DB7 Vanquish' :thumbs:

http://www.alteredrealms.com/hotcars/images/aston_m_db7_gt_01.jpg

posted by  Car Nirvana

Sorry about that the V12 Vanquish and DB7 look so alike I just tend to mix the names up. I was referring to the V12 Vanquish.... I just consider the Vanquish to be far more futureistic than the GTO. They are both great cars I was just trying to steer this converstion back to Aston Martin...

posted by  DSMer

fair enough :smoke:

posted by  Car Nirvana

hi..this bit in forum is to do with aston martin..not the russain owned tvr or south africa assembled noble..both of which are really unreliable cars especially in this winter time... Aston martins are much more reliable.

To keep the aston martin moment..here is a pic of a virage and a db7..come on people u know u would rather own these cars

posted by  fukwit

Also you cant compair the DB7 with a M12 cos the DB7 is a GT and the M12 is A super/trackday car

posted by  Car Nirvana

Your Message