Installed Blacklines

Home  \  European Imports  \  Installed Blacklines

What do you think?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/102_1203.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/102_1202.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/102_1201.jpg

Excuse the rims and tires...its winter here in Utah.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Very subtle...but cool!

posted by  BavarianWheels

I think it makes a huge difference!! I love my rear end lol

...ah...nvm. :)

Ok, either this is BMW stuff, or I'm just lost. WTF are black lines?

posted by  Satty101

Yeah I'm totally lost too.:umh:

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

also count me in on the lost crowd? :confused:

posted by  corbett_auto

"Tailights on the E90 and E91 have a white line that edges them.

Black lines (or blacklines) have a black line instead."

Found that definition on another forum...No clue what it means, so I'll wait until Synthetic replies before throwing up a wild guess.

EDIT:To clear up any uncertainty, I'm lost too.

posted by  chris_knows

Ok here's stock taillights.... 3 red pieces 1 white...and the white taillight is outlined in white.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/102_1072.jpg

Now $347.78 later...The blacklines are outlined in black and have two white pieces and two red.. Sexes up the car
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/102_1202.jpg

Wow $350 for some taillights:screwy:

posted by  Spanky2324

yup..modding isnt cheap

See why I said it was subtle...unless you know what you're looking at/for, the difference can be easily missed. However for those that see these changes, it's way cool. :)

:wink2: Hey you going to the M-Fest this year in Vegas?

No...sounds like a great time, but unless it's in my backyard, I don't make a great effort to get to those things. It would be interesting though.

Look at the videos from March 2008. It was phenomenal. I cant wait for it this year. I will be attending again.

We're not talking APCs for a Civic. if I wanted to do the crystal updates on my BMW's taillights with factory parts, it'd be that kind of money. I chose to go with aftermarket LEDs instead, which were still almost $180 for the pair and I had to get the main ECU recoded so as not to throw warning messages.

posted by  ChrisV

I see. That is damn subtle! Now that I know this, I'll know what to look for. Awesome job by the way, I just prefer to buy $40 worth of smoke headlight/tail light covers. Full tint is more my style.

posted by  Satty101

:thumbs:

Next mod. Tint the ambers

Ahem...clear? Wouldn't that look better with the extra white section on your tails?

posted by  Satty101

I agree, on the black car, the clears would look better and go with the new clear tails.

Again, kinda similar to what I did on my BMW, though I'm thinking of swapping out the clear fronts for smoke tinted clear fronts.

posted by  ChrisV

Problem is if I go clear I'd have to replace the whole headlight set. Warranty VOIDED. Nope, not gonna do that.

Warranty on what? Not on the mechanical parts of the car. And you would still have the original headlight set to put in if the replacement set stopped working.

Changing headlights does not void your warranty any more than changing your taillights did.

posted by  ChrisV

It would, Im bestfriends with the master technician over at BMW at the way he explained it made sense. Basically he informed me that if I changed it, warranty voided. He said something along the lines of occasionally there can be condensation and BMW will warranty that and replace the entire headlight set up but if you change that, then you toss your warranty. It made sense when he said it to me.

ahh, so it just voids it on the headlights themselves.... that doesn't sound so bad.... and like Chris said, just swap it back, who would be the wiser. They wouldn't have to know.

posted by  corbett_auto

Then they're only talking about the headlight warranty, and yeah, if something went wrong with the aftermarket headlight, they wouldn't replace the aftermarket headlight, but you'd still have the stock headlights to swap back in. Which would give you the same end result as having a "warranty."

Again, they won't void the warranty on the CAR for putting in aftermarket headlights any more than they did by swapping out the taillights.

I've been working with cars and dealerships for 30 years.

posted by  ChrisV

Hmm I'll have to ask my tech again. My plates finally arrived at the stealership so Ive gotta stop by on Friday.

Lookin' sexy, Synth! :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Syn, what year is your Beemer?

posted by  Satty101

That one is a 2006

Damn, I forgot why I asked. lol

posted by  Satty101

Damn, I'm the only one here who thought she meant the black lines on the road?

posted by  nighthawk

You CAN'T be serious...

posted by  Satty101

I'm confused, lol...:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message