Now Thats What I'm Talking About!

Home  \  European Imports  \  Now Thats What I'm Talking About!

This is close to the ultimate E30 M3. IRL engine mated to an old 6 speed F1 gearbox with full spaceframe. 530hp at 11,000rpm!!

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/09/01/car-spotlight-gt-gt-edlinger-e30 .aspx

After seeing videos of it, the engine sounds way better in this car than in an IRL car. I love the attention to detail this car has with the positioning of the steering wheel. Shame the pedals aren't a proper floor mounted unit but then again thats my preference:orglaugh:

posted by  fudge

that wing makes it look like fugly rice

posted by  dvdrose18

Lol, you lot still bitch about rice? Its really pathetic especially when we're talking about full on race cars where it it really makes a difference to the balance of the car. But I guess if NASCAR is all you follow then I'll forgive your restrictive approach to cars.

posted by  fudge

That's true...maybe the trick to making an American car reliable and worth something is to make sure all your travels are straight, with only left turns and a all-inclusive professional mechanic shop at your beckon call every mile and a half.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Don't forget the spotters and regular cautions:thumbs: . I really do admire how quick the pit mechanics work during a NASCAR pitstop - you would've thought in the "pinnacle" of American motorsport that the cars have air jacks in them but then again you would have thought they would move on from a Jericho 4 speed box. But then again the anti-rice crowd wouldn't like progress unless its just horsepower related. Oh how I miss IMSA GT days where the cars were something special.

posted by  fudge

Your Message