Bmw M7?

Home  \  European Imports  \  Bmw M7?

Do you guys think a 7-Series with M-Power would do BMW any favours? Fair enough, the 7-Series isn't exactly a sports car, I know, I was just wondering if you thought the 7-Series could do with any extra power or not? bear in mind that the V10 BMW is planning on dropping in the new M5 delivers around 500bhp and the current flagship 7-Series (the 760i) puts out slightly less at 438bhp. These figures are by no means bad, but even if BMW dropped the V10 in the 7-Series it would help performance and fuel consumption (not that fuel consumption matters when buying a 7-Series anyway lol)..So, what do you all think? please leave your votes in the poll :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

IMO i think it would be a waste if they drop the current V10 in...but if they made a high-output version of either ther V10 or V12 (530 hp or more...) then it might be logical...

posted by  SuperJew

As far as the engine's concerned I agree with you, but I failed to mention some other modified componants. What about if BMW uprated the suspension, brakes (if nesessary) and stuck a 6 speed manual transmission in it? :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

How about the M1 engine that is in the McLaren F1? That would make a commute more interesting...! :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Oooo, wouldn't it just lol...then hook a couple of turbo's up too :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Na, you see that would mean that you fly to work rather than just drive...!

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Flying's good...at least it is in rush hour :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Depends what you fly into...! No speeding tickets up there tho!! Well, within reason..

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

IMO no...as the M Power engines increase in HP, so will the V12 engines placed in the flagship 7 series. The V8's will also benefit. My wife's 740 already is pretty quick!! It's plenty of power and speed for her.

I say put all the power and speed into the 3 and 5 series BMW's. That's where the majority of the men who crave it are.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Eh`, they might as well...lol; afterall, they have a M1 (the new 1-series, even though the old M1 is more of exotic??), M2, M3, M5, and M6. Why not through in anouther... :mrgreen:

posted by  cwzilly

Uhm...the M1 is not a 1 series.

It might be, but I've heard they wont call it a "M1", being that that was a exotic car back in the day, even though it didn't technically make production. Then again, I hope they do bring the M1 back :D

http://www.motortrend.com/future/spied/112_0301_m1/

From some of my sources the 1-series will have a derived "M" car, and will use a 300hp six-cylinder (along with the M2, so I assume the "M1 compact" will not make it to the United States). Then again, being you have 3 BMWs in yoru signature :laughing: , maybe you know more than me.

posted by  cwzilly

Don't be so easily fooled. Those are dream BMW's of mine (in my present sig pic)...the center one being my "wet" dream. LOL...

These...
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/BavarianWheels/BMW_Family_15k.jpg .
...are mine.

I was just making light of a possibly confusing post.

What's all this talk of an M2?....are BMW going to make a 2-Series?...

Nice motors btw Bav :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

No confusing, I wasn't saying they where "your" BMWs, just thought you where a fan of BMWs and therefore follow them, so maybe you know more than me. I like BMWs, just haven't been following up on the lattely.

*cough*Cadillac CTS-V "plus" may have 600hp*cough* :mrgreen:

posted by  cwzilly

Yes, 2-series and a performance version called M2. 1-series wont come to the United States, nore the M1. M3, M5, and M6 also. I'm only praying for a supercar.. :thumbs:

EDIT: oh yes, those are nice vehicles :D

posted by  cwzilly

well it might sell in the usa, but surely the 7 series is a car to be driven in rather than to drive. If you can afford to put the petrol in on this side of the pond then im sure you can afford the shoffer to drive it. Think about how it would be priced? It would have to take on some really big players at that money. For a car to drive at a similar price to the M7 you have the aston martin vantage. Now which one has more style. If you want a fast bus then buy a caynne. So where would the M7 fit in, it cant go any faster as it is restricted to 155 mph by german law. I guess it could get to 60 a little quicker. They already do a high output engine, they use it on the balistic protection cars, as after you have added 1.2 tonnes of armour you need a bit more welly to pull it along.

posted by  cinqyg

I dont see the point because the AMG S class dose the job for me
I think they should lift out the engine of a Williams-BMW and plonk it in the middle of a new M1 :thumbs:

posted by  Car Nirvana

You and your armour!! :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Hmmmmm...

The top of the line 760Li already has a 6.0 liter V12 engine with 438 horsepower. It would be interesting to see what Motorsport could do with a full-size sedan, especially one that already has a lot of steam.

There is nothing blasphemous about your M7 idea! Mercedes' AMG has been applied on SUVs! :screwy:

posted by  RX8factor

However, because MBZ has done this, it does not make it gospel.

Your Message