V6 Duratec to MT75

Home  \  European Imports  \  V6 Duratec to MT75

The question is boys and girls, can you mate a MT75 RWD off a late pinto engined sierra to the new 3.0 litre Duratec V6. If so which bell housing do you use? sierra? jag? mondeo?

The idea is is a scimmy with a nice new 236bhp engine to replace its rather tired (after 139k miles) essex while im in the process i might as well ditch the type 2, the type 9 is a bag of balls for anything over 100 bhp. the MT75 seems the obvoius choice. might even try and get the overdrive to work but probibly not worth the hassle.

So what do we say ?

posted by  cinqyg

Please, forgive my ignorance, but are you asking if it's possible to fit the Trany from the Sierra to the Duratec of the Mondeo, or the Duratec from the Mondeo to the tranny of the Sierra?

posted by  Cliffy

It doesnt make a diffrence, surely its just the order you type it.

posted by  cinqyg

LOL...I thought you'd say that..what I meant was, were you planning on fitting the transmission to the Mondeo...or the engine to the Sierra....I'm guessing the former, after all...who'd want to do all that to a Sierra!

posted by  Cliffy

At what point did either of those cars ever have a V6 essex in? you really should know more about euro cars cliffy im ashamed :hi: .

The pain of making a mundarno RWD would have me in a coffin. Well unless some one gave me a load of cash to do it for them. You can already get the Duratec in the mundarno and its mounted to the tranverse version of the MT75. Its called the ST220.

Well neither, reilant scimmy SE6. Now i know what your thinking and it isnt as daft an idea as it sounds.

The X type jag has a trick up its sleve, its AWD, but i cant afford all the parts to do that and a AWD scimmy would be a bit on the wild side.

Im going to ditch all that heavy old steel chasis in favour of ally might even make some carbon pannels for the scimmy, well if i get board at work.

I aim to get the weight down to about 1000kg. The Duratec is used in the M12 and we are all aware of just how quick that is, with twin garretts its putting out ~345bhp. I think a slightly more economical version is a better idea.

The thing is about the scimmy is it doesnt rot, and for the size of car its light, really light, the essex weights in at 180kg, the duratec is just over 120kg, so thats 60kg saved, the chasis is 200kg in steel which has a density of 7.9 and the ally is density of 2 but i will need to double the thickness to get the same strenth so thats another 100kgs saved. The back end is the same as the TR3,4,5 & early 6 so thats heavy old iron, swap it for a sierra 4x4 lsd which is lighter and stronger its an ally casting with pressed steel frame rather than the old leafsprings all the associated hevey stuff. So its all posible.

I have an almost free scimmy on offer so what do u think?

posted by  cinqyg

have i baffled the americans?

posted by  cinqyg

yeah, you got me baffled. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Well baffeling helps keep the noise down, the only exception to the rule seems to be George Bush

posted by  cinqyg

Um....I didn't say either one of those cars had a V6 Essex, I was just asking how you were going to carry out the Mod... :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s24/smilies-24592.png

posted by  SuperJew

well that was the point of the question really, does the duratec mate to the MT75? as yet no one is helpin

posted by  cinqyg

Your Message